Cornwall Football Forum

Easter Monday finals to be at Hayle

CCFA Finals day

Great news for Hayle AFC who have been chosen to host the 2011 CCFA Senior and Junior Cup Finals on Easter Monday April 25th.

As such a prestigious local soccer event comes rarely to a club like Hayle, they are already realising they will need all the help they can get. Volunteers are already being sought!

Congratulations to the club

well done Hayle, I have to feel abit for those competing for a place in the showpiece cup finals, especially the junior cup players, who look forward to the experience and playing such a huge game at places like st blazey, wadebridge and truro etc. maybe a slight anti climax at hayle. Just my opinion!

well done Hayle, I have to feel abit for those competing for a place in the showpiece cup finals, especially the junior cup players, who look forward to the experience and playing such a huge game at places like st blazey, wadebridge and truro etc. maybe a slight anti climax at hayle. Just my opinion!

I would say most junior players are happy to be in the final, and playing on proberly the best pitch in the county is a bonus.

I did play in a cup final at Bickland park and it was good to go up the steps to get the Cup :D

But i think that it is good to give it to someones team who takes pride in his pitch :clapper:

If Cornwall had a stadium venue for both Rugby and Football it would the the real deal. :c:

Many congratulations to Hayle F C and Mr.Hayle himself Ian Gregory for staging the showpiece of Cornish football.

It took the C.C.F.A many years to break the tradition of staging the Cup Finals away from Poltair Park (St.Austell) in the 70's.

Now they break from tradition from the big clubs of Cornwall hosting the Finals.

My first thoughts are that this is a go at the authorities who over ruled the County rule book which states no other football in Cornwall(pm)on Easter Monday .

On Easter Monday Truro City take on Weymouth Town in the fnal Southern League game of their season just 15 or so miles from Hayle.

As Treyew Road staged last seasons Finals I would have thought the C C F A would be looking far as possible up East of the County.

Anyway lets all get behind Hayle who deserve this honour for its top quality playing surface -I'll be there.

we are all proud at hayle and it is a great honour for the club to be selected, yes we will need plenty of help ,but i am sure we will get there. great reward for greg for all the hours he puts in and also bella and john ,so hayle are on the football map and we will look forward to welcolming what ever teams and supporters are there. so for all you people worried about the demise of hayle over the last few weeks this is some good news for the club and the town , WELL DONE EVERYONE at hayle .

congratulations to everyone involved at Hayle epecially Ian who does a fantastic job on the pitch. Hopefully it will be Gary and Wayne bringing Pz the short distance and I will be looking forward to watching the game on a great surface.

a big well done to greg the grondsmen at hayle. top top bloke and much deserved. i worked down at hayle fc building the new changing rooms and he was there every day doing things to all the pitches at hayle fc not just the 1st team pitch. he is a very comitted bloke to hayle fc and also does it for no money. every team in the county needs a bloke like greg at there club. well done hayle. will be a great day for the club

Mike Odgers makes a good point. Truro's game may well be vital to whether or not they stay in the playoff positions or not, which would normally merit a large crowd due to the generally-interested floating spectator, most of whom would normally go to the County Finals. It will be interesting in the anorak sense to see how attendances at both occasions are affected. Of course, if the outcome of Truro's game is immaterial to their fate this season the "floaters" will go to Hayle.

Big day for a little club - best of luck to them: do they have the necessary facilities and infrastructure to pull it off?

Mike Odgers makes a good point. Truro's game may well be vital to whether or not they stay in the playoff positions or not, which would normally merit a large crowd due to the generally-interested floating spectator, most of whom would normally go to the County Finals. It will be interesting in the anorak sense to see how attendances at both occasions are affected. Of course, if the outcome of Truro's game is immaterial to their fate this season the "floaters" will go to Hayle.

Big day for a little club - best of luck to them: do they have the necessary facilities and infrastructure to pull it off?

4 changing rooms all passed for western league [no waiting for one team to leave before the next can get in]

refs room big enough for 8 (used to be old reserve changing room]

youth pitch to side of main pitch for warm-ups

A seated stand that holds 90 with disabled bays and covered standing.

car park large enough for 4 teams [players officials etc]

2 pitches across road for a spectator car park

regularly hold the kernow youth league finals where hundreds attend.

I'm sure they will cope with their excellant facilities and set-up, and who else in the county comes close with the exception of maybe Wendron

Well done "Greg" BIGGER PICTURE springs to mind,who would have thought just 11 years ago we were facing relegation to fal/hel 2 but you were quick to see the bigger picture and were a tremendous help on and off the pitch through our climb up thru the leagues.Your playing surface was very instrumental in attracting the likes of Chris Coleman,Dave N,jie and Lee Norman to the club and therefore start the transformation of Hayle fc.An exciting ride up thru the leagues with you on the line at our first senior game at penryn and regularly attending disciplinarys at ccfa usually with lee "i take it we will be appealing" one of your classic quotes thru the years <_< .

Even i would not have dreamt that we would have been hosting such prestigious finals but it just goes to show what can be achieved thru dedication like yours.Thank you very much it is very appreciated.

On a personal note i hope its a St Austell /Penzance final,my hometown club vs my adopted at Hayle would be a dream for me,many good people at both clubs deserve it. :c:

4 changing rooms all passed for western league [no waiting for one team to leave before the next can get in]

refs room big enough for 8 (used to be old reserve changing room]

youth pitch to side of main pitch for warm-ups

A seated stand that holds 90 with disabled bays and covered standing.

car park large enough for 4 teams [players officials etc]

2 pitches across road for a spectator car park

regularly hold the kernow youth league finals where hundreds attend.

I'm sure they will cope with their excellant facilities and set-up, and who else in the county comes close with the exception of maybe Wendron

Thanks, Skyblueref: as a relative newcomer to Cornish Senior Football I wondered if they had the facilities, which clearly they have - apologies. Good luck to the club.