Cornwall Football Forum

Magpies close gap

Good game by the 'Pies tonight. 2-0 half-time and missed a couple of sitters early in the 2nd half. Truro goal should have been a free kick as the foul was about 2 yds outside the box but matey fell into it so ref gave a spot kick.

I looked for Truro's Mr M but didn't see him. Nor did I see his bike with, bucket and sponge, and ladder hanging from it. Pitty I wanted to say hello and gloat.

On the SWPL website they say there was a crowd of 164 at the Truro v Penzance game.

Where did they get that figure from. I reckon there were 90-100 (I counted 96) in the ground at kick-off of which roughly 35-40 were from Pz. Add another 20-30 for late commers.

They must have counted all their suad players, youngsters who were training and got changed, etc.

Paying punters 120 at most. Why big up their crowd figures?

Are their Southern League figures as accurate. Double the gate figure and add a few for luck!

Guest tim hawke

thats rich coming from you teddy man, PZ combo attendance figures are always twice any other club in that league, when ever i have been to watch you it is no where near the figures quoted

T-Bone

Good game by the 'Pies tonight. 2-0 half-time and missed a couple of sitters early in the 2nd half. Truro goal should have been a free kick as the foul was about 2 yds outside the box but matey fell into it so ref gave a spot kick.

I looked for Truro's Mr M but didn't see him. Nor did I see his bike with, bucket and sponge, and ladder hanging from it. Pitty I wanted to say hello and gloat.

sorry mate iam laid low with a bad back,[probably carrying scottie off on sat]just been docs for some strong pain killers,good win last night,wanted to come over but back to bad,no need to gloat :c::drink: :drink:

T-Bone

No wind up about crowd head counts at Pz combo. Why are they high? Because our 1st team play on Friday so we can have more watching our reserves.

Have a look at our away figures. If we have the highest home figures why do we have some of the lowest away figures - because we don't big up our figures like other teams. When we give our away figures teams know they are accurate.

For example: Helston v Pz 27 crowd but Helston v Illogan 65 crowd. I think not.

Mullion v Pz 37, Mullion v Wendron 60. Do you believe that?

Our average home attendance last season in the combo was 55 when we were bottom of the league, this season it is 69 and we are 5th at present. Seem about right?

It's a pity we don't play Mousehole in the combo. Did you ever attend one of those matches? Over 300 in the crowd. What would that do to our home average.

CTB

sorry mate iam laid low with a bad back,[probably carrying scottie off on sat]just been docs for some strong pain killers,good win last night,wanted to come over but back to bad,no need to gloat :c::drink::drink:

I wondered why the windows were so dirty,any chance of doing them before Tuesday? :P :ninja:

CTB -

Be carefull what you are saying about the Southern League Figures -

I do the turnstile from time to time - there are numbered tickets issued for each category, ie - adults, seniors, u'16's & concessions [season tickets] - everyone who enters gets a numbered ticket & then the number issued is the total attendance - pretty foolproof way of doing it - everyone who comes through the turnstile is counted - which doesn't include the squad members as they do not enter this way.

Guest Man on the Post

A great shame that CTB feels it necessary to accuse Helston, Mullion and Truro of lying about their attendances. However I hope CTB realises that his comments say more about his own character than those he has maligned.

Guest Peppermint

On another thread and series of postings - CTB - was doubting the crowd figures declared for the Newquay/Godolphin Atlantic game on Boxing Day. He was basing his observations on photographs from the match and not on actually being there. Man on the Post was there along with other Forum users and none other than the Peninsula League Secretary Phil Hiscox was present and confirmed the figures.

Why the querying of figures is it that the game at Mount Wise smashed the previous record crowd held by Penzance for the Mousehole fixture, I think.

I asked for an apology at the time and stated my disappointment with CTB'S comments but no reply was posted.

Guest Peppermint

I am certainly not denigrating the work of CTB - his Combination League Website is first class and he does a tremendous lot of hard work.

It was just having figures that were confirmed by the League Secretary queried by someone that was nowhere near the ground at the match in question.

Guest Man on the Post

Give CTB a break guys!!! if it wasnt for him this site would be pretty shite to be honest!!!

(thats my personal oppinion)

I'm afraid I cannot agree with you Smithy. There are a lot of very good contributors to this forum. :thumbsup:

Im not surprised that someone else has questioned attendances!!

Dan will back me up on this. We travelled up to Holsworthy this season and a disapointing crowd of about 55-60 watched it. Of that there were 25 from St Blazey. The official crowd came out at 96!!!

Not a chance of there being 96 there!!!

Just a note to add St Blazey have only a couple hundred tickets left of their 2200 tickets for the away end at Clyst on saturday!! Hurry to the ticket office to avoid disapointment!! :yahoo: