Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Plymouth Parkway - Weds

ST Blazey 3-1 Plymouth Parkway

Attendance: 70 (headcount)

Watched by an abysmal crowd, St Blazey deserved every one of their three points after being better than Parkway in every area of the pitch. The goals came from Cox, Rundle and Zalick.

The team is starting to look very settled and well organised. A fantastic performance tonight and richly deserved victory :c:

What a great win for St Blazey last night. It amazes me that Parkway have never beaten St Blazey but after watching them last night ,they might never!! Sadly i only watched the first half due to another mid week pool match but I thought St Blazey looked good for 0-0 and desearved more. Thanks to Dan for the text updates. I expected more from Parkway, although they were missing a couple key players. They were my tip to challenge Bodmin but although their 4th they are way off the pace. Parkway also have the highest crowds in the SWPL but their away support was poor last night. But anyway, 3 points for St Blazey, and now we look forward to 4 long trips to Clyst, Witheridge, NAS and Tavi. Up the Blazey. :yahoo:

Will Parkway ever beat Blazey ????

Since their first South Western League meeting in 1998-99

The St. Blazey league record against Plymouth Parkway reads P.22.W16 D6 GF 58 GA 19 plus two league cup victories 4-3 and 2-1.

1998-99 5-0;2-0; 1999-00 2-1;2-0; 2000-01 3-0; 6-1; 2001-02 3-1; 2-2; 2002-03 2-0;3-1;

2003-04 4-0;4-0;2004-05 3-1;0-0; 2005-06 3-3;3-3; 2006-07 2-1;3-2; 2007-08 1-0;1-1;

2008-09 3-1;1-1;

I guess there was no banging on the changing room doors singing 'We are the champions' from Parkway.

Parkway are a bad side taking nothing away from blazey, but under the regime of dave leonard they have taken a massive backward step, in the words of a close friend they are a "ugly side"!

what a ridiculous statement sven. I was at the game last night and parkway were dreadful, but i was also at the game against tavvy when they were excellent, where some parkway supporters were saying they had never seen a parkway side play that well, and tavvy officials saying it was the best side they had seen this season. Now whilst it is evident that they are obviously not consistent enough to be challenging for the title, to say they have taken a backward step seems strange, i will assume that that statement will be seen at the end of the season, lets see if they can finish higher than THIRD, parkways highest ever finish and see if they can WIN a trophy, again, something parkway havent done. although it wouldnt even be fair to compare to the past few seasons as they are working on a lower budget now.

and finally, as for an 'ugly' side if you look on the tavvy website there is a team picture of them, and they have stunning looking lads there.

yours in sport

bloomy

Watched by an abysmal crowd, St Blazey deserved every one of their three points after being better than Parkway in every area of the pitch. The goals came from Cox, Rundle and Zalick.

The team is starting to look very settled and well organised. A fantastic performance tonight and richly deserved victory :c:

is that the same cox,that you were not so keen on :clapper:

I never said that; simply stated the fact that he had a shocker against Lanson and would need time to settle.

I'm impressed with what I have seen of "Coxy" and am becoming quite a fan :D

I never said that; simply stated the fact that he had a shocker against Lanson and would need time to settle.

I'm impressed with what I have seen of "Coxy" and am becoming quite a fan :D

nice lad will run all day for you :smiley20: :clapper:

Guest Randy Finch

Parkway are a bad side taking nothing away from blazey, but under the regime of dave leonard they have taken a massive backward step, in the words of a close friend they are a "ugly side"!

What a naive comment. What authority are you basing your opinion on Sven?? Doesn't every team have an off day? Liverpool can go and beat Real Madrid in the Bernabeau and then lose at the Riverside the very next game. That's fooball. Now I wasn't at the game but did hear that Parkway were dreadful on Wednesday. If you look at their results against the top four I think you will find they have more then held their own. They have played the old Parkway (Ivybridge) twice and won 3-0 and 6-0 if memory serves me right. Granted they haven't done as well overall as anticipated but don't forget the club has never finished higher then third and I can't remember them winning a cup. Their focus has to be the Throgmorton now and as high a place finish as possible. Third with more points than last year has to be progress? If they win the Throgmorton then I think this would generally be considered as progress.

Give Leonard and his management team a chance.

Just out of interest which SWPL side do you follow?

i am a follower of one of the top 2 clubs at present, i watch parkway often and they aren't a good side, no where near good enough to win the league there not consistant enough and not enough quality in depth. look football is opinions you have yours i'll have mine, ivybridge aren't old parkway unless they played with six players all last season and as for a smaller budget come on, parkway have alot more established players this season then last that wont be afraid to name there prize, i believe that finishing third no matter how many points you get isn't progress you still end with the same prize money, but yeah if they win the throgmorten then that will be, they still have hard games to come in that cup, they crashed out of the fa vase early doors where as they had a good run in it last season, i've spoke to dave leonard preseason and trust me finishing third would not be seen as progress in his eyes, everyone said they would push bodmin all the way. :(

Dartmouth and Bodmin are the best 2 footballing sides in the league, just a shame dartmouths league position doesnt reflect that

well parkway have taken 6 points off dartmouth and 2 off bodmin so they cant be as bad as you say they are. you are correct though, football is all about opinions, but i do not agree with you about progress, you clearly stated that they have gone backwards under leonard, i was merely stating that i do not see how you can say that until the end of the season, lets face it, parkway teams of old have never really played any football, they have been physical and hard to beat, but have always struggled against the weakers sides, and they have never finished higher than 3rd. so if they finish higher this season, and that is an IF, then surely that would be progress????? i remember ivybridge of old beating parkway year after year in the devon final at home park.....they wernet a good side then. The trophy cabinet does not lie....and it is empty at bolitho. one thing is for certain, bodmin are head and shoulders the best side in the league.

well at least we both agree on your final point :clapper:

yeah maybe i was a bit quick off the mark, but i havent seen them play well this season ( i wasnt at the tavi game) and the dartmouth comment was about how they like to try and play football the way it should be played passing and moving , just a shame they are poor at the back with a vampire in goal! :blink:

• 1 month later...

the final league position would suggest otherwise svenny boy!!! i believe a MASSIVE forward stride has been taken if the league is to go by??!!

Guest Roger

I had the pleasure of venturing up to plymouth last fri to go shopping with the wife only to notice that parkway were playing bodmin in the eve. After some much needed sucking up and gift buying as a bribe to the misses she decided that we would stay up for the match. Now the last time i watched parkway was the semi final against ivybridge where there was "needless to say" a complete lack of support to the players and management staff on that eve which resulted in a deserved win for ivybridge. So i decided to give parkway another chance on this occasion against the champions. In all honesty, i was quite impressed by the way parkway played, on what can only be described as a pudding of a pitch, (whats going on there by the way). They played in and around bodmin and quite easily opended them up time after time. I appreciate bodmin had already won the league and had the cup on the following monday but i believe that parkway didnt allow them to play with there high tempo game play and work rate all over the pitch. they certainly looked like a team with quality and ability rather then the opinions relayed by sven goran erikkson who said they were a poor side. I can now see why england bombed you sven as your ability of identifying quality is certainly limited. but like you said its an opinionated game. I see parkway secured 2nd spot in the end which is not bad for an "ugly side" with "no strength and depth" who have clearly "gone backwards" since the appointment to the ex truro manager Dave Lennett. With a bit more support next year this team have the potential to be the best around....

on what can only be described as a pudding of a pitch, (whats going on there by the way).

The problem was, it was trashed two nights before, match officials do not seem to have the ability to put games out when it is a 'pudding', by ability I don't mean the power, just the ability to spot the damage caused to it and the fact that it is almost impossible to put back tohether again in two days. :SM_carton:

Guest Randy Finch

Sven Gordan (eric son) la la la la la...I haven't commented since the last time surrounding this topic and as others are calling you out I thought I would join in. It's time to make your public apology buddy and congratulate Dave and his team for their tremendous finish to the season. I believe that 2nd spot makes them the most successful and best Parkway side ever. You cannot argue with that fact, even if it grates you to say it. I think you will find that they beat a very good Saltash team and the champions Bodmin to propel them into this position. Constistency let them down over the course of the season and that is why they didn't push the champions closer. Even if there are radical changes in the future, this year's team should be known as Parkway's best ever playing and management team until the record is bettered. Perhaps that guy who goes toilet against the billboards when no one is looking should make this team's photo just a little bigger than the others and add it to the shrine that is the 'portacabin'.

Now onwards and updwards for the future. I for one accept your apology Sven when you make it. I just hope that the others who have posted on here will as well. Just out of interest who do you think will win the Champions league? If you let me know I will put a bet on the other team.

Speak soon

The Finch master general.

:yahoo:

It is nice to read positive comments abouts Plymouth Parkway FC. I would also like to add the following:

Plymouth Parkway 1st Teamscored the most goals.

Plymouth Parkway 2nd Team Champions ECPL Division One 3 games remaining, and Supplementary Cup Runners Up defeated by Saltash 3 -1. All the goals in the final 10 minutes. This being their first season in the ECPL.

Plymouth Parkway 3rd Team lost only 2 games since Christmas. They consist of players with the average age of 19.

Everybody connected with Plymouth Parkway FC deserve a lot of credit for getting the Club where they are today.

Not bad for a Club in decline etc

Perhaps that guy who goes toilet against the billboards when no one is looking should make this team's photo just a little bigger than the others and add it to the shrine that is the 'portacabin'.

:yahoo:

finchy my man

i think you will find the fella in question is called 'bidds' and goes by the name....'bidds on line'

glad i could help

yours in sport

bloomy

Guest Spod

Pitch is not up to standard, nor is the infamous portacabin of a clubhouse.

It seems that were the Parkway teams are certainly not in decline, the same cannot be said for their facilities unfortunately :blink: