Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup Eastern and Western Area

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Looe 0 - 2 St Dennis

Could and should have been more. Saints scored after 7 min and 84 min through Brown and Rickard. Was disappointed with the home side would have thought they would be more dangerous then they were. Mike Barrett never had a shot to save in the game. Rickard had a goal disallowed after 80 min but still not sure what for.

Pitch very poor which didn't help the home side who tried to play football, but came up against a saints side who don't look like conceding at the moment.

West

Constantine 2 Perranporth 1 h/t 1-0

A good competitive cup tie to keep the good sized supporters of both teams warm.

Constantine went ahead when their outstanding central defender headed in but Perranporth equalised on the hour with a good finish.The winning goal came with about ten minutes to go when a free-kick was curled over the wall and goalkeeper.

Both teams had periods of possession with young goalkeepers making very good saves.

Deano in answer to your question Steve Shepherd and Joe Perrin scored for Fal Ath.

Redruth were 1 up at half time and missed a penalty. But I only saw 2nd half.

Nathan was brought down in the box with 30 to go, Steve scored.

Few cards dished out by ref. Think one was for blowing kisses!

But about 15 to go Joe pulled one out the bag. Skipped past 3 or 4 and drilled it home. Awesome goal.

Last 9 minuted delayed after Bushy got injured for Fal. Prob ligament damage.

Redruth United 1 Falmouth Athletic 2

(ht 1 - 0)

A good game for the neutral probably to watch with the ref thinking it is still christmas handing out lots of yellow cards. Cant help thinking we created enough chances to of beaten Falmouth however Falmouth also missed chances and will of thought they could of scored more. On another day it could of been 5 - 5 but fair play to Falmouth they took there chances so deserve there place in the semi final.

Redruth scorer Ryan Baber - who had an awesome game in the centre of our midfield.

Good Luck to Falmouth Athletic in the next round I hope they go on and win it.

Redruth 1 Fal ath 2 good game played in great spirits, Redruth hit post with a penalty mid-way through the first half, then scored from a goal mouth scramble 10 mins later. Second- half and Ath took the game to Redruth and pinnedthem in their own half for long periods. Ath awarded a penalty when ?????????? brought down Nathan Macintosh, which Steve Shepherd scored with a well placed shot. With 20 mins to go Joe Perrin picked up the ball inside the Redruth half waltzed passed 3 defenders and rifled the ball into the net. Whitney I think the ref dished out the cards due to late challenges after a player has gone past. 1 Fal Ath player was booked for blowing a kiss at the spectators ( Very Foolish) Full credit to Darren Lewarne great side we were always expecting a difficult game and certainly got one! best a luck for the rest of the season to all at Redruth Utd.

Topcat - the cards i think were just.They were either given to our players for bad challenges or dissent. I think some refs can control the game without using the yellow however this ref chose to issue a yellow card. The cards didnt effect the game. Both sides at times showed slight lapses in discipline however when Falmouth were warned by the ref they shut up but when we we warned we kept going hence why we picked up the yellow.

Are the semis played during evenings??

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I put Eastern area for a reason guys, no offense but im only interested in the east sides and will along with the rest of our sides only look for you in the final :thumbsup:

Sorry only meant to put eastern but as im in the area semis and ive had a drink, lets see you in the finals!!!!

Im still sure i only posted eastern and sure the moderators have changed it!!!!

Torpoint Athletic 5 Sticker 1

What a superb game even though the score was high Sticker never laid down and the Sticker keeper played out of his skin and keep what could of been a bigger score down .

Cold day :( , Ref marking penalty marks before the game :lol:, friendly atmosphere :thumbsup: , not a bad foul in the game :D ,

One of the best vollies ( scoles style out side the area staight from a corner and saved superbly by the keeper, :yahoo: then to top it all curry and chips back at the club house :smiley20:

Just on a personnal note KEVIN SHUT THE DOOR. :P

Constantine - 2 - 1 - Perranporth

Starting line up:

Justyn Male, Martin Bennetts, Rob Watts, Shaun McDonnell, Johnny Williams, Rob Hosking, Terry Ansell, Josh Walters, Jamie Cox, Danny Penna, Rob Brandreth

Substitutes:

Joe Harper, Sam Harper, Carl Laity, Steve Gregory

Goal:

Rob Brandreth

Well done Perranporth, great effort reaching the area quarter finals. Good luck to Constantine.

Guest omerta

F.A.O-Topcat. im afraid i must disappoint you kev in your view of your penalty award admittedly you were 90yards away!. Brian Harris the referee who had a fine game in the middle confirmed that the tackle on nathan macintosh for which the pen was awarded wasnt made by me i was in close proximity but made no contact with player or ball despite going to ground. The tackle was made by the second redruth player who says he got the ball. however thats not sour grapes we more than matched you for an hour and had we gone in 2.0 up at halftime with the missed pen of our own im sure we would of held on.But over the 90mins you deserved your win and looked by far the strongest side in the closing minutes. I enjoyed my junior cup swansong my battle with both nathan and ben ambrose who both failed to score and stopping stevie shep who i marked from all setpieces and stopping him putting a header on target leaves me happy with my shift thanks. i thank redruth and particularly darren for giving me the opportunity. On a final note i hope you go on and win it now you should do easily with the players at your disposal but im tipping constantine im afraid. send my regards to bushy hope the injury dont keep him out too long

Sorry Omerta, it was one of your players who thought it was you, we both made a mistake. very good competitive game though, just as we were expecting.Darren is an excellent manager and has got a good bunch of lads there,also the results you have had in the junior cup are second to none.( With drew name from earlier post)

Thanks for the compliment Kev. I need to transfer our cup form to the league now but we've proved we can match some good sides for long periods. Consistency is the key.

I thought your boys had us on the ropes like a punchdrunk boxer for the first 25 minutes of the second half (and the first 10 of the first half) - we couldn't cope with you to be fair. However, as Tony and Scott thought, if (the big word, IF) we had gone in 2-0 up, could have been a different story.

Well done to your lads. A fair team throughout. Good passers of the ball, and strong in counterattack.

And I was close to the penalty - Omerta certainly didn't touch the player, and Dan got the ball first, but c'est la vie.

That's football. You win some. You lose some. We will get up, dust ourselves off. And stand proud, bloodied, but not with our heads bowed. I'm proud of all of my boys. They've done Redruth proud.

Troon 7 V St Buryan 0

Decided to watch this game as we ended up with a free afternoon sadly and I have not seen Troon in there finery yet this season.

Decent game although St Buryan were severely depleted, having Dale Gartside on the bench for a game this important showed that(sorry Dale).

Troon were good value for the 7 goals and Buryan can be proud of there performance after going down to 10 men early in the game.

Troon's movement at times was very good I have to say. Well done Reno, you are flying the flag for Mining League

Flu for a couple, work and and injury. Justin Stephens was replaced late on with a badly bruised ankle which he did last week. That hurt them a little.

Red card was a straight red for deliberate handball in the box from the full back. Alan Hoon had no alternative (I never spell his name right).

Your summary of the game was spot on Darren, I,m afraid your penalty was spot on aswell ref (b Harris) had a clear veiw and i,m afraid when your striker turned away from our goal our left back tackled from behind went to ground and never got the ball.You are right that your lads done Redruth proud thought barry on the right was very good and your forward gave us alot of trouble he seemed to be everywhere. forgot to mention in other postings great welcome at Redruth RBL after the game! any sides who don,t attend there after a game with Redruth I can asure you it,ll be your loss. All the Best for the Season.

Torpoint Athletic 5 Sticker 1

What a superb game even though the score was high Sticker never laid down and the Sticker keeper played out of his skin and keep what could of been a bigger score down .

Cold day :( , Ref marking penalty marks before the game :lol:, friendly atmosphere :thumbsup: , not a bad foul in the game :D ,

One of the best vollies ( scoles style out side the area staight from a corner and saved superbly by the keeper, :yahoo: then to top it all curry and chips back at the club house :smiley20:

Just on a personnal note KEVIN SHUT THE DOOR. :P

Very fair reflection on a decent game, as a Sticker player we were very disappointed with our defensive performance, especially from set plays, but, on the day, the best team won. Good job that volley never went in as I was suppsed to be marking the guy (didnt see the danger in letting him go 35 yards out!!!).

Best of luck in the next round from all at Sticker AFC.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Torpoint 5 Sticker 1 (Stacey,Carter2,M Williams,Bates)

A really good competitive fair game to of which in spells Sticker looked a tidy side. Torpoint were undoubtly to strong for the visitors and if it was'nt for 5 or 6 top class saves from the visitors keeper it would of easily gone into double figures.

A word has to be said about the ref, who had an oustanding game and controlled the game in the highest manner without barely using his whistle!! It would be nice to have that standard of ref every week!!!

Thanks to the Sticker side that never gave up and made it a very entertaining cup tie,good luck for the rest of the season.

As for that volley, im glad in away the keeper made an outstanding save cos we would never of got his head through the clubhouse doors,even though i delivered the inch perfect ball for it!!!!

A really good competitive fair game to of which in spells Sticker looked a tidy side. Torpoint were undoubtly to strong for the visitors and if it was'nt for 5 or 6 top class saves from the visitors keeper it would of easily gone into double figures.

A word has to be said about the ref, who had an oustanding game and controlled the game in the highest manner without barely using his whistle!! It would be nice to have that standard of ref every week!!!

Thanks to the Sticker side that never gave up and made it a very entertaining cup tie,good luck for the rest of the season.

As for that volley, im glad in away the keeper made an outstanding save cos we would never of got his head through the clubhouse doors,even though i delivered the inch perfect ball for it!!!!

Is that brian stacey??? if it is how come he is playing in the junior cup?

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I was referring to the former England midfielder. And unlike the majority of Man utd supporters i put my hands up when a good England player roams the turf, regardless of his club although his career is all but over now!

And yes it is Andy Carter,signed from Edgcumbe at the start of the season, son of ex-pro Roy Carter.

There seems to be interest into players playing for me and i assure you all they play for me only and are not used in senior football.

Guest BATESY NO 9

Is that brian stacey??? if it is how come he is playing in the junior cup?

it is andrew carter. ex edgcumbe

Your thinking of ADAM Carter and Brian has played with the Duchy for 2 years now, we don't plat ringers, thats the further down cornwall you go that do that sort of thing.

WELL DONE LADS good result against a plucky Sticker side and I must say the best keeper i've come across in the lower leagues, he made 10 top draw saves(along with the post) to keep them in with a chance.

Good luck Sticker for the rest of the season

:smiley20:

Troon 7 - 0 St.Buryan

A severely depleted St.Buryan side were over-powered by an excellent Troon.

Despite a decent start,after 20 minutes we found ourselves 2-0 down and with only 10 men. From this point on it would never be our day.

As pointed out by the general, we dug deep into our reserves, as cover for our flu victims, whereas Troon re-instated a player from Falmouth as cover for theirs.

However, they're a great side and will take some stopping.

Well done Reno, go on and win it!

Over the past couple of weeks we (Troon) have been given some bad press by indivduals who have posted on this website, mainly over the issue of money or people getting paid, it just seems to go hand in hand with us I'm afraid. To be honest i have given up in trying to justify that none of our players are being paid and will not be replying to others who feel they may need to bring up the subject once again.

Our squad on Saturday was a little bare and and like St Buryan had numerous players who were unavailable, all the lads who came up fromt he 2nds played exceptionally well and deserve their places this week in the 1st XI

But on a positive note thanks to the "General, Darren Troon, Mike and Rappo" who have wished us well in our quest of winning the junior cup this year. As others have mentioned I believe we are now the only mining representitive left in the draw and hope we will do the mining league justice for the rest of the competition.

I have heard that Porthleven is the venue for the Junior and Senior Cup this year.