Cornwall Football Forum

bust up at the pub side (godolphin)

Guest bhcm

heard last night down town the manager and coach were fighting before the penryn game and the coach was banned from speaking to the players and kicked out the changing rooms and dugout all this and after the penzance game the manager was fighting with the newquay players who went to watch all this before boxing day ( joke) i think a comfortable six nil win for us now the strain is telling on the pub side ,

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Anyone wish to expand on this ? I know there was a minor incident at the G bar after the G v PZ match but that was just handbags, this sounds much more interesting !

I was told that the Godolphin manager sorted out the Newquay players!

I think there was a misunderstanding over who booked a taxi from the pub :D

So what happened yesterday, did someone forget to order the tonic ?

Guest Peppermint

For goodness sake gentlemen - why spoil what promises to be a good game of football for gossip and unfounded rubbish.

I do not know who bchm is but if he or she is a Newquay supporter /player then it is not doing the image of the Peppermints a lot of good with this inflamatory stuff.

The other silly reference is 'The Pub Side' - again a pointless remark when the 'G' have earned the right to compete in the Peninsula League on merit.

Both sides try to play attractive football so lets hope that is what impresses everyone on Boxing Day.

Don't worry Dan, either you're coming down or we're going up, you will get your BIG game back soon ! The better sides in Cornwall are currently stuck in Div 1 West with the exception of Bodmin and Saltash... Didn't we beat the giants of East Cornwall Div 1, how did you get on ?

Shame we won't even meet and beat you in the cups, remember them ?

Guest Peppermint

Danblazey - please do not assume that all of us are of the same opinion. We that are involved with the Club have the utmost respect for Godolphin Atlantic and what they have achieved in a short space of time.

Without wishing to upset you - the way that St Austell [ your local rivals] tore Premier side Wadebridge Town apart yesterday it might mean that they will be overtaking you shortly!!!!!!

I am not in the least bitter about being in the same league as Godolphin - so do not make sweeping statements.

For the last time, some Newquay fans jokingly refer to Godolphin as 'The Pub Team' due to their origins, we fully appreciate where they have come from and results over the years have deemed they are worthy of a place in Div 1 West. As you have said before Graham, some people need to get a sense of humour.

The more partisan elements of the Newquay support will always claim that we are superior to everyone else, just as Man Utd fans do, its called being biased, something only blinkered, rose coloured spec wearing loyal supoporters do - yes I am one of them and proud.

As a Chairman/journo, you have to be dipolmatic and objective, those who cheer the Peppermints on home and away are under no such constraints. We are all looking forward to Boxing day and hope the atmosphere will be similar to Penzance away and St Blazey from years past.

just interested will they have a coach on boxing day has he left ? to be fare of what i know he does a good job and someone will snap him up if he wants to carry on in football we have lots of kids sides who need coaching ,but what was it all about ? fighting before the game not good for the league !!!!!!!!!!!! and you wonder why they have a bad reputation!!! lets have a laugh on boxing day and all turn up in boxing gloves would be a hoot dont you think ? and to think they wanted to build a boxing club beside the pitch was this an hidden agenda ha ha for training , and somethings happened i see no reply from the pub sorry the g bar crowd

Guest Peppermint

Yes Mark I have to be objective as Chairman and a journalist.

I will add however I am extremely proud and privileged to be the Chairman of a great club.

For people's information The Judge and his lady are loyal supporters of The Peppermints and their support is constant through thick and thin so I am sure a lot of clubs would welcome such support. He always contributes to our matchday programme and he will be there tonight when the members draw takes place.

I guess I will have to buy you and your good lady a drink Mark - after all I am celebrating the Red Devils winning the World Club title today!!!!!!!!!

BHCM, who are you ? I have sent you a PM but no reply from you.

If the story is true, then perhaps it had something to do with team selection yesterday. I understand that 3 of the better players were left on the bench (perhaps being rested for Boxing Day) and that some G folk objected to this, although I have not heard of any major bust up.

More than happy to share a drink with you Graham, you know that the Newquay Loyal appreciate the good work you do for the club

Guest Scooter

The players were dropped for having a few 2 many beverages the night before....so iv been told anyway! Lets hope they do that again on christmas day haha ..... i no i cant wait for the game!!!!!

and dont forget my gran being at all the games aswell!!!! shes not got quite as red rosey glasses as you though judge! hers are slightly black and white for the Toon army!

see you all boxing day x

I understand our Clubhouse will be open an hour before kick off, I'd happily buy some of them a few pre-match warmers ! Pints on offer again for the scorer of our 3rd goal and MOTM, so keep those shooting boots polished Scottie !

ISNT IT STRANGE THAT NEWQUAY WHO CLAIM TO BE THE SENIOR TEAM IN THE TOWN HAVE A COUPLE OF COMPLETE IDIOTS POSTING RUBBISH AND SLAGGING GODOLPHIN FC OFF WITH UTTER CRAP,BHCM CLAIMS TO BE A MAN U FAN WHEN HE SUPPORTS LIVERPOOL AND JUDGE!!! WELL EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT A COMPLETE EMBARRASMENT HE IS TO NEWQUAY FC. ISNT IT STRANGE THAT THE SO CALLED THUGS OF GODOLPHIN HAVE THE COURTESY OF NOT RISING TO THE BAIT OF THESE MONGRELS. MIGHT CATCH THE GAME IF I GET BACK FROM BRUM IN TIME. :Santa:

Guest Peppermint

I think you will find Frodo that most clubs have some idiots posting on the Forum - but also most clubs have sensible people as well.

I do not know where you get the expression 'thugs' from because I cannot find that reference.

Perhaps you might be better reading the excellent postings of both managers on the biggest local derby topic. These postings are what matters by well respected football people who are doing a great job for their respective clubs.

Bhcm you must obviously be a spineless individual to come on this web-site spreading mis-information about our Club whilst not revealing your true identity.

Just to set the record straight there was no fight, fall out or disagreement involving anybody from our Club on Saturday at the Penryn match.

Yes we did have a strong bench on Saturday, as we do every week.

I cant think why anybody would want to come out with such rubbish.

well had a few phone calls and texts from the guys and derek to check this out , first if i had a problem id keep it in house and not on here as you should do at a well run football club , so i will say what a piece of rubbish and thats being very polite, iv been involved with senior football for nearly 35 years and have a lot of respect for people and teams but this sort of bull sh it really tests you , so no truth in the rumours guys sorry , just a very very very big feeling inside of me to do everything i can on boxing day to show everyone the godolphin have my 150% commitment , derek mick tania muff and all the players if and if there was a prob then these people would be spoken personaly by me and it would be kept in house , not on here for public broadcast, every thing is sweet at the godolphin , alan metters and last time i checked still the coach lol happy crimbo to one and all ,

We at Newquay have no idea who BCHM or FRODO are but they obviously wish to stir things up just a bit more before Boxing day.

Not sure who ever said that G were thugs, certainly no-one at Mount Wise... It has been suggested in the past that I am one, but I am possibly a little too old and certainly not fit enough for all that nonsense. However, if these gentlemen wish to pop into the main stand on Boxing day, I will gladly give them a peice of my mind.

My own opinion, is that these two posters are just a pair of kids, bored with Bebo, Facebook and Myspace, cyber-warriors I believe the term is ! Please turn up, we could do with your money, only £1.50 for children !!!

Hopefully this game will be a memorable one for all the right reasons, having Reffed both Newquay and The G in their pre season games i know that both sides are capable of playing some great football,also both sets of players get along well and often have a beer together (not the night before games). ;0)

The Town of Newquay is very lucky at the moment to have 2 excellent Managers in Jim & Derek both at well run clubs with great help from all the Coaches ,Players & Officials so lets not let a couple of fools on this site spoil the day eh folks ? ;0(

I will be there and hopefully a few hundred others to help swell the gate for Newquay, i predict a high score draw and having one Son in the G team and another in the youth set up at Newquay that would be a fair result for both teams. ;0)

Merry Christmas to everybody. :Santa:

Couldn,t agree more,Dave:certainly THE place to be.Even though it may be "in the bleak mid winter",I would say "come all ye faithful" football fans for this historic match;which will certainly be a "ding-dong,merrily on high" Mount Wise.Who will win? hard to call,but I have a sneaking suspicion that it may not be a "silent night" at the Godolphin Arms.

Finally,a word for The Judge-this pub team to which you like to refer,will-no doubt- be instrumental in providing your Club with much more match takings than any other team in the League.

The fact that it is the G on Boxing Day will make for a big crowd amongst locals, many of whom may not support either side, but it won't be G fans who will give us our biggest match day income this season, I would suggest that the home club have the bigger fan base and will turn out in numbers for this one. Anyway, the last 2 home matches of the season will be even bigger - Port and PZ.

Still, any match that brings the crowds back to Mount Wise, be it our floating support, away fans or those who want to see a good game, is to be welcomed. As for it not being a silent night at the G Bar, let us hope it is because they are crying in their beer, it will certainly be noisy at Mount Wise come Noon.

why peppermint woul any chairman wanna post on a forum and undermime his club. hre have been things said from you our club would never and your club will not benefit your responses although you are defending the club. i would be appaled if our chairman was on here messaging things for other teams to read and let slip.

as for the business with the G Manager, its not for people to talk about and decide what happened, it happened in newquay, and the godolphin staff therefore the cornish fa should fine both clubs for mis-representing the county and the league itself. And peppermint you should contemplate fining any players involved. thereby doing the right thing as a chairman.

newquay v godolphin promises to be a stormer but not as much so as clash between dobwalls and callington im going for newquay 3-2 godolphin

Guest Peppermint

I haven't a clue what you are talking about Callymike - you seem to be under a totally false impression.

As for Chairman posting on the Forum - Andrew Long posts on here and makes sense and he is a respected Chairman and all I am doing is trying to defuse stupid and inane postings.

I would suggest that you concentrate on your own club and leave other clubs to sort out their affairs. Perhaps you have not got any idea how to run a club perhaps if you have not done so already you can vounteer to serve on Callington Town 's Committee!

People who know both Newquay and Godolphin Football Clubs will know that both are run very well.

No hard feelings Callymike - Happy New Year,

I haven't a clue what you are talking about Callymike - you seem to be under a totally false impression.

As for Chairman posting on the Forum - Andrew Long posts on here and makes sense and he is a respected Chairman and all I am doing is trying to defuse stupid and inane postings.

I would suggest that you concentrate on your own club and leave other clubs to sort out their affairs. Perhaps you have not got any idea how to run a club perhaps if you have not done so already you can vounteer to serve on Callington Town 's Committee!

People who know both Newquay and Godolphin Football Clubs will know that both are run very well.

No hard feelings Callymike - Happy New Year,

Callymike does not represent the views of CTFC, I think he may have had too much of the christmas spirit!