Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results 15/11/08

Duchy 4

North Hill 1 - 0 Premier Sixes

Great result for North Hill who came out fired up and maintained it for 90 minutes. Good reffing by Arnand Toms. We weren't at the races during the first 20 minutes and were punished when an unmarked player headed home. An improvement from there on in but we couldn't score after some brilliant defending, a couple of decent saves by their GK and the woodwork keeping a free-kick out. No complaints from us as North Hill claimed the result they were after. Good bunch of guys and good food in the pub afterwards.

Pablo,

I felt I had to come on here and commend Bodmin Saints today, we had a top of the table clash at our place in atrocious conditions, but like most of the county that was how it would be this week.

Week started the stronger and were much the better side first half, 1-0 half time should have been 2-0 when player rounded keeper and missed open goal. Saints a lot more improved after break and put us under pressure for long spells, 2-0 became 2-1 and a grandstand finish, we defended really well for the win.

Even though the pitch cut up, as usual both sides tried their best to play football and respected each other. It was competitive but fair and there was hardly a bad tackle in the game. The attitude of Hickers and Eggy (Ian McKellar?) in the middle was top notch, tackles went in they just got up shook hands and got on with it. After the game they were the ones wishing us well and Hickers made sure they all went back to the pub and had a pint before headng off to Plymouth. As a home side you can't ask more, if they can get the same attitude from the younger players there will be no stopping them.

LP

Pablo,

I felt I had to come on here and commend Bodmin Saints today, we had a top of the table clash at our place in atrocious conditions, but like most of the county that was how it would be this week.

Week started the stronger and were much the better side first half, 1-0 half time should have been 2-0 when player rounded keeper and missed open goal. Saints a lot more improved after break and put us under pressure for long spells, 2-0 became 2-1 and a grandstand finish, we defended really well for the win.

Even though the pitch cut up, as usual both sides tried their best to play football and respected each other. It was competitive but fair and there was hardly a bad tackle in the game. The attitude of Hickers and Eggy (Ian McKellar?) in the middle was top notch, tackles went in they just got up shook hands and got on with it. After the game they were the ones wishing us well and Hickers made sure they all went back to the pub and had a pint before headng off to Plymouth. As a home side you can't ask more, if they can get the same attitude from the younger players there will be no stopping them.

LP

Thanks for the compliment LP. I know manager Hickers and Ty will appreciate your testament. Martin sets high standards in the game and keeps his players in line on and off the pitch. I didn't make it it this year, although I did get to WSM last season.

With luck I will be back in the county permanently by the time the return occurs and look forward to it.

best, Pabs