Cornwall Football Forum

Helston AFC

Guest helston boy

Guest helston boy

As you are helston boy,presumably you are one that is not happy?

no not a player just a supporter

can we have names ?

will not give out any names just that the players invold have been with the club for a few seasons

Guest The Seahawk

Well I was told by one of the players that this year Helston will be giving up Combo football

For this season and are going into synchronised aerobics. But I must say after taking a look

Last night not one of them looked good in a leotard. :SM_carton::yahoo: :o

Guest helston boy

Having just read seahawks post about the aerobic training i have not heard of any other clubs that do this in the combo ?. i know new managers bring in there own training program but come on mr massey ur team is not a preimer league outfit. as for any new players coming in helston better be quick and get them in, the first match is at the end of the month. i know players come and go with a new manager but as a supporter of the club you need to keep the helston boys happy and all together at the moment they are not. so its up to you mr massey to get it sorted out before it to late :SM_carton::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Guest Ronin

Anyone involved in training sportsmen (and women Anita!) will know that fitness is an essential element of winning matches and that aerobic training is vital in improving stamina and endurance. It sounds to me Helston Boy that you are just fanning the flames here. Whenever a new manager comes into a club there are bound to be changes made that the players are uncomfortable with but when they see the results of those changes (ie an improvement in their fitness and performance) they soon come round - give the bloke a chance! :D

Had a few pre season sessions with Stuart Massey over the years and I can promise they are always enjoyable and fun to go with the nesessary hard graft. This includes an aerobics sesh which was a giggle also, though not repeated. Had alot worse than him over the years so get off the guys back and if your a supporter of the club get behind him!!!

Guest Ronin

and if you were the last bloke on earth.......................... you know how the story goes Deano!

Ah Darren you know me so well :P You keep dreaming iamthebest ;)

Guest Helston Patriot

I don't know of one player being unhappy and have spoke to quite a few, if anything there is a buzz about the place

Come Local Boy! Did you want someone else to get the job?

Not been traning yet but heard from a few that its different but good. This is not the premier league I agree however at this level training should be more about enjoyment, sounds like most enjoyed it anyway!!! A bit of bonding with a bit of footy thrown and some exercise to boot. I personally feel at this level you should keep yourself fit, tred the roads or whatever, keep training for the odds and sods that come out of a match... set pieces etc and having fun at the same time. If Mr Massey makes it fun... but different, so what!

:drink: :clapper:

Guest john

isnt Ether on the forum. Stuart Massey? I just think people shouldnt get carried away about the Massey brothers. They started the season at Falmouth last year with the same sort of ambition and on the biggest budget in the league- Failed! But good luck to Stuart and advisor Steve im sure they will do better at this level of football. :c::clapper: :clapper:

Well done John to a completly useless post! Why use this forum as some kind of extension for your little ego and begin a completly pointless attack on the Massey bros? You have probably never even met them. And at no point on thi thread has anyone got carried away about the Massey bros, someone questioned the training and people have defended that training.

:SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Guest mariner

Well done John to a completly useless post! Why use this forum as some kind of extension for your little ego

:SM_carton::SM_carton:

Thats why they call him LITTLE JOHN :yahoo:

Guest WINNO

EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT IDEAS AS MANAGERS AND COACHES AND YOU CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE... PLAYERS COME AND PLAYERS GO IM SURE PLAYERS WILL LEAVE HELSTON BUT IM SURE PLAYERS WILL GO THERE AS WELL.

IM SURE THEY WILL DO OK AND I FEEL FOR STUART AT THE MOMENT BECAUSE AS I HAD TO LAST SEASON HE HAS TO REBUILD A SQUAD. IT AINT EASY AND IT COSTS A FORTUNE IN PHONE CALLS.....

john and helston boy-i had a phone call from your village looking for there idiots, they thanked me for finding you on here! john- i can assure you ether is not massey, use your brain and you might be able to work it out who it is! helston boy- coming from helston i know some of the local boys very well, everyone enjoyed themselves and we had a good laugh, and because of tuesday nights training i decided to sign for them along with many others as i think helston have a good future ahead.

Guest BenTimmo

Can confirm that a few players are training elsewhere, from speaking with some it doesn't seem to be a reaction to the training sessions, or Stuart Massey, I think a few have just decided to move on after getting close last season, and others feel that there isn't enough being done to bring replacements in, and so are moving on themselves..

Guest firthy

Helston I admit are not a premiership outfit etc but surely if Massey brings in a more professional outlook to the club the players will surely benefit. I personally think that Massey coming to Helston Football Club is the best thing that has happened to them for a long time. Bring on next season, I'm sure the results will speak for themselves.

bit of an old name wendronjer now but i havnt been on here for a long time but think i needed to comment on this. i went to the training sessions of steve massey and the aerobics instructor and i can honestly say i have never had anything so physically demanding in a training session ever! i think the aerobics instructor was a great way of getting the team fit and agile and we all had a laugh aswell. also the team atmosphere seemed awsome so its all a bit out of the blue that hes decided to go but i understand completely if the rumours are true about phone calls, post etc so good luck to him in the future

Guest helstons utility player

im a local boy and play for helston and have done for a few seasons now, i went to the training sessions with stu and thought they were gd fun, knackering but fun, even if the rumours of some of the local players leaving is true there is still enough local youth with talent that are dying for a chance, im not saying that anyone is but dont write helston off, look forward to seeing u all next year. good luck to stu when he returns to management