Cornwall Football Forum

DUCHY LEAGUE AGM

THE DUCHY LEAGUE AGM WAS HELD ON FRIDAY.

DO ANY OF THOSE WHO ATTENDED HAVE ANY UPDATES FOR US ?

WHO WAS PROMOTED, RELEGATED, OUSTED, INTRODUCED.

OUTSTANDING ISSUES, HOW MANY DIVISIONS, PROMOTION CRITERIA.

FINES, SUSPENSIONS, NEW LEAGUE RULES.

IF ANYONE CAN POST ANY UPDATES ON THIS SITE, WE WOULD ALL BE VERY GRATEFUL

(why is it always me that they all expect to know all of this stuff?)

All i know so far is this, from our clubs website...

Duchy League AGM

The league AGM saw eight new clubs/teams elected to the league. The outcome has seen the Reserves pushed up to Division 4.

Click here for the constitution of Division 2 (first team) and here for the costitution of Division 4 (reserves).

http://www.grampound.org.uk/football/news.htm

Duchy 5 line up

Callington Res, St Mawgan Res, Pelynt Res, Stoke Climsland, Bridgerule, St Merryn Res, Southgate, Perranporth, Premier 6s reserves, Sticker Res, Delabole Res, Mevagissey

Should be an interesting season P6 res team is looking pretty strong already, Bridgerule and N Petherwin seem to have done well in the Devon league, Perran should be quite strong, Sticker res have quite a few of the best Charlestown U16's from last season going there if what I have heard is right, Southgate were once a force and Callington will probably be playing their youth players - should be a good season

Yeah north petherwin shoulde walk this league p6 can beat anyone on there day but if there like there first team they wont be consistant enugh.

and talking of long distance traveling i just looked at duchy 4 and seen Gerrans been demoted to that league thats a very long way to go for our reserve side, surely they shoulde be in the FAL/HELSTON leagues?

I was at the AGM. I felt it was dissapointing to allow the top two divisions to have less clubs. The reason given was the clubs would have more time to play cup-ties if they progress. This is nonsense, why should they be given this helping hand? What if a second division, or even third division club progress? They will be handcapped by having to play more league fixtures.

Thought the top 32 only played in the Knockout Cup then everyone else played in the Duchy League Cup. Then the Reserve teams play in the Reserve Team Cup.

Don't think the Knockout Cup is an extra Cup Competetion. Thought Mike said that having less teams in the Prem and Div 1 was intended to give the 'top' sides in Duchy League a better chance of winning the Junior Cup.

Jiggy

Duchy Football League AGM ... from the League's website

Eight new clubs were elected into the Duchy Football League at their Annual General Meeting. Applications from Bridgerule, Callington Town, Mevagissey Reserves, North Petherwin, Perranporth, Premier Sixes Reserves, Southgate Colts and Sticker were all successful after being recommended by the Management Committee. Four other clubs left the league with St.Stephens Borough and St.Dominick being accepted into senior football and Newmoor Rovers and St.Breward Reserves both disbanding.

Secretary Mike Newcombe in his annual report praised the work of his colleague Colin Atkins who passed away back in March and also that of the Chairman Paul Stevens who was stepping down after twenty years in office owing to ill health. Mr. Stevens was presented with a silver salver by President Len Lobb at the end of the meeting to reward his service.

Mr. Newcombe added that two clubs had withdrawn from the League before last season started and two others Padstow United and Menheniot withdrew at various times during the season. With two clubs also found guilty of serious breaches of rule regarding the eligibility of players it proved to be a difficult but ultimately rewarding season. He added there was no place for that kind of behaviour in this league if he was to continue in office.

He thanked the league sponsors Bodmin Trophies and Cup sponsors Jeffery’s Estate Agents, Wovina Embroidery and Hillcrest Nursing Home for their support, and also all his fellow officers and management committee for their efforts.

Treasurer Phil Edworthy was absent working abroad, but in his absence a healthy profit and loss account was presented to the meeting.

Officers elected for 2008/09 President L. J. Lobb, Chairman C. Burrell, Vice Chairman P. Collings, Secretary and Registration Secretary, M.J. Newcombe, Treasurer, P. Edworthy, Fixtures Secretary, K. Franks, Assistant Secretary T. Steed. The League Management Committee were all re-elected en bloc. Mr. Stevens the retiring Chairman was made a Life Member of the League.

Two rule changes proposed by the Management Committee were accepted but a rule change proposed by St.Minver was defeated.

Sporting Trophies were presented to Pensilva, Premier Division, St.Minver, Division One, St.Cleer, Division Two, Lewdown Rovers, Division Three, St.Mawgan Reserves, Division Four and St.Austell in Division Five.

The award for class seven referee of the year was won by David Lobb of Par, and the Secretary of the Year Award was accepted by Brian Powell on behalf of St.Austell’s Lee Allen who was unable to attend the meeting.

The new season will commence on Saturday 16th August and will run until the 31st May 2009.

Duchy League Division 5:

Bridgerule

Callington Town

Delabole Reserves

Mevagissey Reserves

North Petherwin

Pelynt Reserves

Perranporth

Premier Sixes Reserves

Southgate Colts

St Mawgan Reserves

St Merryn Reserves

Sticker

Stoke Climsland

I think that's correct. With 8 new teams it will be a very competitive league, with 4 or 5 very good sides in the division.

Guest geachy1

I would say that Perranporth-Bridgerule is further than Altarnun-Gerrans,after all it is a few miles north of Launceston.

Gerrans expressed an interest in joining the Falmouth Helston League last year but didn't turn up at the AGM,i understand.

i played gerrans in the junior cup about 3 seasons ago for falmouth albion great day going on the ferry i fort we playing in europe with all the travelling they put great food on if i rememberd rightly.

massive pitch tho.