Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance signings

Guest Uncle Albert

All IS revealed in today's Cornishman. There's a picture on the back page of Trevor Mewton with his ELEVEN new signings. Well done to Nathan Richards.

Go to www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/sport

Guest JIGGA

Mewton was looking for a challenge? Some challenge seeing what players you can get with a big budget. Seems like this is what a sucessful manager does. ha. I thought Penzance had an average team last year with good youngsters with alot of potential. Quote me if im wrong but wouldnt a sucessful manager come in and improve them? Keep the local players and build a team that will stay for years and win things. As usual money talks and soon all the so called superstars that follow him (or his money) will be at the next big budget club and penzance will be left to pick up the pieces.....

Guest john

if mewton left tomorrow these players would leave i guess. players move clubs to much these days. what does that tell you? Managers come with their big budgets and the money boys come. Manager leaves, club cant afford to pay players. it has happerned at a lot of clubs. its the clubs that suffer when they have to pick up the pieces.

Guest Ghost

Just been reading some of the posts on this topic, why dont people just be positive and grateful that there is finally someone involved who is willing introduce a bit of cash. PZ AFC has been an under achiever for so long now because of playing budget, good on them, I am sure trevor mewton will build a team that will play attractive football and get results. hopefully this will attract a few more supporters to watch, enjoy it while you can - if and when the money runs out and the players flee - at least there will have been some good football to watch in the meantime. Penzance will only be back to sq 1 where they have been over the last few seasons. This may spark off some comments along the lines of "why not build from the bottom and grow talent within" etc etc. Well PZ have been trying this for years and any decent player they produce goes elswhere for money - unfortunately thats the way it is, and really if a young lad can earn 20% or more total income just by doing something he loves on a saturday afternoon... well i dont blame him, especially in the "credit crunch" and now that the Barn club has a lap dancing feature!! whey hey!

Good Luck to PZ AFC! Black and White forever! (and a bit of pink...)

ghost- i do,nt think your being positive by asking supporters of pz to enjoy short fix success .local neighbours mousehole & hayle in recent seasons have shown success can be achieved with a majority of local players and a small influx of cash.i personally would like to see the club grow gradually without players who lets be honest would,nt be there if it was,nt for the money,

Guest JIGGA

Ghost why are you so PZ now. You signed for them? or jus glory suporting? i dont think any will go to the barn club after. Taxi home to where they come from i imagine. Maybe they will stay for 1 pint. Depends on how long they have to wait for those little brown envelopes!

Ghost why are you so PZ now. You signed for them? or jus glory suporting? i dont think any will go to the barn club after. Taxi home to where they come from i imagine. Maybe they will stay for 1 pint. Depends on how long they have to wait for those little brown envelopes!

Just wondering if most of the people moaning about 'little brown envelopes' are bitter because they either weren't or aren't good enough to be offered them?

Guest Ghost

ghost- i do,nt think your being positive by asking supporters of pz to enjoy short fix success .local neighbours mousehole & hayle in recent seasons have shown success can be achieved with a majority of local players and a small influx of cash.i personally would like to see the club grow gradually without players who lets be honest would,nt be there if it was,nt for the money,

Hi Handsome Dan, I appreciate your remarks but i personally feel that PZ will find it hard to do what mousehole have done (repect given to Jeff and Darren).

I am hoping that the good times at penzance that are to come are not short lived and long may it continue. Hopefully success will breed success and people will start WANTING to play for penzance again and be HONOURED to do so, then maybe PZ can attract players without having to offer loads of cash but maybe just some... who knows.

I still think that the supporters of PZ will like to see a team that is competing at the top and should enjoy it for no matter how long it lasts. The tropy cabinet hasnt been opened in years.

And no I havent signed for them - They couldn't afford my expenses.