Cornwall Football Forum

First Team Manager Mike Stevens

Reserve Team Manager Mike Watts

After 7 years at the helm Rhondda had chosen to step down but retains the Secretary position that he does so well. I am extremely grateful for all his efforts over that time and I am quick to remind everyone that his work in that time whilst holding 2 key positions had produced 2 league titles and the Dunn Cup. In the years where we were not winning he was generally ensuring we were scrapping hard with the eventual winners!

I return to the role I once held 10 years ago in the dark days when Gulval were 1 day away from extinction! I hope only to retore the passion and pride we were sadley missing last season.

Mike Watts steps up to the plate with the Reserves a role that I vacated to step up. A competitive centre half with a passion for the game. I am sure he will do well.

congratulations on your promotion general im expecting to see gulval on the up next season . would also like to say that i have played against many gulval teams that rhondda has managed and now and then we might have had some harsh words but only during the game afterwards he was always the first to shake hands and have a quick banter . this season he came up to the junior cup final and wished us all the best before the game and cheered us on during the game . i think that shows the character of the bloke . and im glad he is staying on as secretary gulval or the mining league cannot afford to lose people like him .

mike all the best for the season im sure you will do well

I totaly agree about Rhondda, He is a top fella and did me a big favour some time ago (I still owe him a pint for that), Im sure his calm and quiet voice will be missed on the sidelines although im glad he is staying at the club. :yahoo:

I have also had the pleasure of playing against his team on many an occasion and have to say they were always hard but competitive games and he knows how to fire people up.

Mike you will have your work cut out to follow in those great footsteps mate and im sure you will do well.

Good luck fella. :thumbsup:

Guest neild

The king is dead - long live the king........!! I would have chosen Mangle, but this is the General's destiny :clapper:

Mike - Charity pre season match against me + Chris's team..........???

Hey boys...... sounds like I've died or something.?

Thanks for the kind words , i have enjoyed every minute of my time in charge , especially the banter, which at times I'll admit was a bit excessive. APPOLOGIES.

I will still be there "cheering" on a Gulval team ,so you wont have to miss me that much.

It goes without saying that i wish both Mike's the very best in their new roles .

I agree Rhondda.........writing your obituary already eh old fella? I'll throw my old Redruth Utd shirt and shorts into the grave if that happened cos we both know back in the old days you used to try to take them off me! lol lol :D

But seriously, Gulval are a top club and have a great attitude to their football. I've been out-foxed a couple of times by visiting your place and finding you all in the bar having a beer (or two, or three) before the game and finding out that you weren't ready to roll over.

I remember back in the days of Paul Billington (RIP) and you all playing up over the hill behind Penzance and even back then you were a tough team to play against, and gracious afterwards, win or lose.

I'll see you in the season Rhondda! And well done Mike for stepping back to the plate. Wish you all well (but below Redruth Utd of course! :thumbsup: )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Si_paramedic

Want to add my congratulations to Rhondda - had the privilege to play alongside him and be managed by him when he was managing the reserves. He's done a fine job.

I know Mike will do a great job taking on the first team and wish both Mikes all the best.

I'm finally coming back to play after getting my cruciate sorted at last! See you next season.