Cornwall Football Forum

Champions League Final

Well, we're finally here!

All the hype, all the talking, all the analysis should be at an end.

Come about half nineish tonight, the mighty Spurs will be the only top flight London team to have won a trophy this season!!!

I couldn't see past Man Utd to win this game ever since the semi finals were sorted, and after watching Mr Grant's performance in the press conference yesterday (the epitomy of dourness) and then Makelele two foots Cashley (cracking team spirit boys!!) in their 'light' training session on the pitch last night, my view has only been reinforced.

The only way United don't win this match is if they get so bored with Chelsea's negative tactics and walk off in protest!

As a semi-neutral, I pray to god United score early, which will surely lead to Chelski venturing outside their own half. Otherwise we'll all be staring the barrel of exactly the same type of game as last year's FA Cup Final, a major snorefest!!

what are your thoughts on the state of the pitch???.It has been said it is of championship standard at best which is going to be bad news for the game as a spectacle also i find it amazing that the biggest game in club football is being allowed to continue on such a poor standard of surface.Why dont they wait to see who reaches the final before deciding which country will host it???

what are your thoughts on the state of the pitch???.It has been said it is of championship standard at best which is going to be bad news for the game as a spectacle also i find it amazing that the biggest game in club football is being allowed to continue on such a poor standard of surface.Why dont they wait to see who reaches the final before deciding which country will host it???

Do you realise the preparation and arranging that has to be done for the final??? 3 weeks since the semi final. SO you think a country feels 3 weeks is enough to organise that?

What they should do though is change the situation in future. If there are 2 clubs from the same country competing in the final then the game should be played in that country

hopefully it will be a 0-0 draw with Drogba winning a disputed penalty in the last minute

I cant see it being anything but 2 sides cancelling each other out with very few goals.

As for the pitch,this really gets up my nose.

Here we have 2 multi million pounds worth of teams,being paid loads of dosh.

Just get on with it and try and produce a great final.

It is the same surface for both teams.

The only way it is going to be a good game tonight is if United score early. This will force Chelsea to come out and we could be in for a cracker. but if it happens the other way round Chelsea will just shut up shop and strangle the life out of the game, the same will happen while it is still 0-0. so all you neutrals out there pray for an early united goal.

Hard as they try on Sky, there just seems to be no atmosphere in Moscow at the moment.

Maybe it's the strict policing and the rain but compared to Taksim square in Istanbul and Athens last year, when Liverpool fans competely took over the two cities and everywhee you looked was a mass of Red and White, I've hardly seen any fans so far.

I've got this horrible feeling it's going to be a boring occasion, boring match, Ronaldo will go missing, Carvalho, Terry and Makalele will get away with murder, like they always do, Drogba will be his usual drama queen self and Lampard will get deflected winner or a dodgy penalty.....(for his Mum of course as Sky and ITV will remind us every time he touches the ball).

Can't choose which team I want to lose most, but I'd prefer to see Scholes and Giggs with winners medals than anyone else on show.

Guest Peppermint

No doubt we will have Shanethebuck with his vitriolic comments tomorrow belating the fact that United have won the European final.

Guest keano

the real football team won !!!!! not the spoilers who appeal at everything and use every trick in the book to gain advantage !!!!

Guest Peppermint

Wel said Keano. It was nice to witness the Russian owner and his antics tonight. Poor Avram Grant will no doubt be sacked by the DICTATOR after doing very well for Chelsea.

I thought Chelsea were superb in the second half and deserved it from that, but I didn't see the first half when Utd dominated

Was chuffed to bits when Christiano 'me me me' Ronaldo missed. But then thought Terry went for the glory of being 5th penalty taker, ok he slipped, but for me, he went for the glory of being the potential winner

Overall an even match which was what we all expected.United dominated first half and should have gone in leading by at least two goals,second half all Chelsea and deserved to be on level terms.The extra time was nip and tuck but,even though i'm a United supporter,what a cruel way to win the big prize.Good for television,yes,but the raw emotion was there for all to see.

Enjoyable,fascinating match.

me me me ronaldo?

sorry that the kids the best player on earth mate! jealous?

so glad the team won deserved it first half were tremendous perhaps not second half but in extre time it was even and the best team in england won!!!!

watching chelsea was a disgrace i fort last nite they wud go down are the slightest touch even joe cole who wud never have done it if he was still at west ham but worst of all they tried at every opportunity to bully the ref every chance they got 6 of them wud run to the ref and pester him, drogba showed his true colours biggest game of his career and he gets shot by the sniper all the time and slaps players to get sent off and disgrace himself and ruin his sides chances