Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League's Best

Guest samsplaything

Guest samsplaything

Hi guys, just wondered what views you all had on the best defender, best midfielder and best attacker currently playing in mining league football :drink:

Guest samsplaything

As a fan of mining league football and a newy to the forum i wondered what others thoughts were. Get back into bed and get out the right side :SM_carton:

Guest geachy1

i think ryan sthephans of threemilestone is one of the best in junior football he class player and only 20/21 years old.

Guest Sullivan

From what I've seen this season I would go for a team like:-

Illogan Keeper (who played in the Dunn Cup final)

Terry Spargo (TMS)

That Big Centre Half (Trevenson & St Blazey)

Brett Adams (Portreath)

Tim Grose (TMS)

Ryan Stephens (TMS)

Abbo (Trevenson)

Si Ellis (Illogan)

Ginger Winger (Robartes)

Adam Solomon (Storm)

Duane Britton (Portreath)

-

Would obviously have myself down as a super sub!!!

Anyone think they can beat that?

Guest Sullivan

iamthebest - That's me in for Duane then... Sorted! :D

super_saints - Unfortunately football is all about ego's. If it bothers you that much simply don't read the post! Are you saying that The Sun Dream Team is pointless too and it's only boosting ego's? Most of the topics on here are stupid but it's entertaining, as long as it's football related it makes perfect sense to me!

The suns dream team also has a £500,000 first prize! how are you planning on figuring out who's had the most assists goals free kicks against and for toknow who's team is the best or are you just going to blow each others trumpets for a couple of days, do what ever makes you happy just my opinion.......i prefered the topic about who has the longest throw to be honest.

Guest whirlwind

yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn

Anyway to change the subject, i heard a rumour the other day that there is a new team entering the mining league.... i think it was Buckley Fc !! any thoughts???

how boring the same threads just keep coming up or r u fishing for a compliment from someone

Borin Boring Boring Boring!!!!! these kind of stupid topics are to boost the same peoples ego's! ps......what aren't the buckley trio in that dream team!! they are possibly the three best players in cornwall

Please guys if your not interested in the topic, we dont need to know what you think! :SM_carton:

Its a decent question to ask, as new members wont have viewed the results before and players who might have had a good start to the season may not be the best players at the time when the trophies are won!

I have to agree with the choice of Ryan Stephens of Threemilestone, excellent player and in the last few weeks Simon Ellis and Neilson Calloway (best midfielders) of Illogan have been playing brilliantly :clapper:

Brett Wasden of Portreath is probably stand out choice as best defender, though his team mates at the back (Sweeper, Baggie and Treasure Parks No 1) have all played extremely well this season :thumbsup:

Guest whirlwind

Yeah its a pointless topic, who cares if someone thinks you bloody brilliant whats it going to gain you in junior football.. much more inportantly if you had to pick your officials for a game, which ref and linesman combo would you use, and if necessary who would be your fourth official ????????????

As an official, refereeing the majority of my games in the Mining League I have viewed every one of those players on numerous occasions, Illogan about 7 times in the last 6 weeks! Like I say its a good topic and I'm happy to give an honest opinion on the players I really rate. Other posters will have their own views on who are the best ;)

1 jason kitchen trevenson

2 danny andrewartha robartes

3 nick ward portreath

4 brett wadson portreath

5 neil burton trevenson

6 simon ellis illogan

7 luke abbot smith trevenson

8 jason buckley portreath

9 spencer ????? robartes

10 nick mill robartes

11 duanne britain portreath

sorry to tms,storm and troon i am just more familier with thease players.

Have to totally agree on that one Martin. :thumbsup:

If he hadn't been dropped on his head as a baby and played the weird shape ball game for so many years he would be a local football legend by now although I don't think we would be discussing his ability on the mining league forum as he would have played with a more senior side

Adam Jewell - Trevenson

Shaun Carter - Illogan

Simon Ellis - Ilogan

Adam Solomon - Storm

Steve Tremaine - Storm (Now playing for St.Keverne)

Simon Dixon - Storm

Can't think much more... will post again.

Ah...... plus the lad who plays up front for St.Just. Can't remember his name but he is very lively, and after having a quick chat with him (when I was meant to be playing) on Saturday, it turns out that he has scored quite a lot of goals considering his teams position.

Dave Bailey, Spice, shame about his injury this season but a very strong player.

Portreath's winger, the lightening fast one!

Steve Shovel! How can I forget you mate!

Guest samsplaything

In my humble opinon i would have to go for:

1. Allan Buckley (Portreath) Cat like or Illogan keeper vs Portreath in semi final

2. Darren Buckley (Portreath) Solid as a rock

3. Nick Ward (Portreath) Extremely consistent

4. Neilsson (Illogan) Class against Portreath in semi final

5. St Dominicks Central Defender in junior cup final or Brett Wasden (Portreath)

6. Jason Buckley (Portreath) Class in whatever position he plays

7. Matty Drake (Portreath) Dont think anyone runs more

8. Simon Ellis (Illogan) Great end to the season

9. Cant think of another TOP striker sorry

10. Stuart Reynolds (Portreath) 8 goals in last 2 games gets my vote or Millser (Robartes)

11. Ryan Stevens (TMS) Match winner and best player at TMS?