Crediton United        4-1       Teignmouth

Elburton Villa            1-1     Axminster Town

Honiton Town         4-5      Newton Abbot Spurs

Okehampton Argyle    0-3      Ivybridge Town

Sidmouth Town            4-0      Torridgeside

Torrington   2-0   Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police

WEST  

Bodmin Town               1-0         St Dennis

(Match abandoned after 78 minutes - to be replayed in full on Wednesday 8th May)

Launceston               0-1         Wendron United

Liskeard Athletic           8-1      Mullion

Newquay                       2-1       Holsworthy

Truro City Reserves     0-3          AFC St Austell

Wadebridge Town       P-P       Callington Town

Watched 1st half of the Newquay vs Holsworthy in terrible conditions this afternoon had to leave because my old Dog Smokie was shaking so much and we was in the grandstand 

The football Newquay was playing was brilliant and Holsworthy gave away a free kick in shooting distance and up steps Cam Turner and like a Exocet missile power and accuracy in the back of the net it went and Holsworthy had 4 men in there wall but Cams free kicks are as good as a pen i hope hes still in a Newquay shirt next season but i dont think and Louis Price will be .

Holsworthy equalised from there no 11 he was on the touchline put over a cross that caught Brodie Cole out and went over his head and in the goal previous goalie Adam Robathan was pillored to post for letting in exactly the same kind of goal and he was gone from the club I got Adam fixed up with Newquay and he did well but he also made a few mistakes but all goalies do i hope hes doing well where ever he is i feel he was hard done by , by Newquay .

The Holsworthy side where a very young side but some cracking players the no 11 was very good as well as there Captain 

The ref was excellent in awful conditions and kept the game flowing with his sensible decisions unlike some others Well done ref you was brilliant you should do the Senior Cup Final 

I had to leave because little dog was shaking so bad and i couldnt let him there like that .

My mom today the brilliant Cam Turner and Holsworthy no11 very skilful wing play .

Thankyou Newquay players for giving me something to look forward to when Saturday comes hopefully see you in pre season hope theres some decent friendlies and not some little team you will beat 20 nil .

My next match i think i will go will be the Senior Cup Final come on St Austell want to get a team photo of you with the cup and Smokie in it like he was last year with Blazey when they got promoted . Dont know if you will see Smokie next season hes stuggling these days hes had 12 years of watching local footy and cant see him being around a lot longer . Have a good summer everyone and be nice to the Emmets 

3 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Why was Bodmin v St Dennis abandoned?

Certain areas of Cornwall yesterday received heavy rain which as far as the SWPL was concerned meant that Wadebridge game never started, while at Bodmin, the match couldn’t be finished!

Phil Hiscox was soon in contact with the FA after the Bodmin match was abandoned and as the game involved a possible relegation situation the view was that as 90 minutes was not completed it should be replayed.

Potentially St Dennis could finish bottom (as could Bodmin) and bottom maybe relegated on the ppg formula and obviously it’s not known where that line is exactly.

This game will be replayed in full at Bodmin on Wednesday 8th May.

Ivybridge Town Football Club

Okehampton Argyle 0, Ivybridge Town 3

A DETERMINED display on a difficult pitch saw Ivybridge Town complete their league fixtures with a 3-0 win away to Okehampton Argyle in the South West Peninsula League on Saturday (April 27).

The surface at Simmons Park was firm but had a number of divots which proved a danger to the players.

Having been held to a 1-1 draw at home to Okehampton nine days previously, Ivybridge were looking for an away victory to maintain their record of achieving at least one win over every team on their way to the East Division championship.

They opened the scoring with a great shot from Sean Thomson in the 30th minute and Bailey Mabin added a second with a shot from the edge of the penalty area in the 42nd minute. Then Owen Pritchard wrapped up the three points when he completed the scoring ten minutes from the end.

Although striker Connor Rush did not get on the scoresheet, he had an outstanding game as the Ivybridge man of the match.

Joint manager Wayne Gamble said not a great deal of football was played because of the state of the pitch, adding: “We had to go for a direct style of play, and we were the superior side all afternoon.”

Gamble was pleased that his side maintained the high standards that has seen them secure the league championship.

He said: “All the players did us proud throughout the game. We defended well while Connor Rush was our focal point, being involved in so much of our play.”

Having completed their league programme, Ivybridge have one final fixture to round off their season when they meet St Austell, the West Division champions, in the Champions Bowl at Launceston on Tuesday May 7.

Gamble says: “That should be a good game and we are looking forward to it.”

Press Release from Graham Hambly