Cornwall Football Forum

Message From Supporters Chairman

If the die hard fans could of ever imagine just four short years ago that Truro City would of won the F.A.Vase and gained promotion to the Southern League they would of laughed you off all the way down to Chapel Hill and beyond.

With the club facing imminent danger of folding within hours cometh the hour cometh the man Kevin Heaney came into the club and though he has had many doubters and much criticism the man has delivered and stuck through thick and thin to see his Cornish side finally get into the Southern League.

Now I'm not going to make wild suggestions or predictions on what lies ahead for this club from here on in this is where the hard work really starts from our Chairman down we will have a battle every week to maintain our growth and hopefully promotion.

We all have to realise that there were be times where we may find it hard to win a match linger in mid table and need to regroup and move on, but we have you the fans the belief the ambition to move on ever higher.

The club will ever be indebted to the Chairman and his financial support to help us achieve his and our vision so far, but the real hero's are normal people who have a love for football and this club the ones who put in hours of unpaid work not looking for thanks but have a drive to put in there free time week in week out.

My call to those who have doubted what Truro City are about should look behind the headlines and realise that the heart of the club is like any other club from Lands End to John O' Groats volunteers who have seen drastic times of despair to the heights of Wembley winners hey that's what makes football the game we all love.

Now to the future I look forward to welcoming you back to Treyew Road to fans old and new, todays celebrations will live on in our minds but we look ahead to another new challenge one of which I'm sure we are all looking forward too.

If the die hard fans could of ever imagine just four short years ago....

Bet all 5 of them cant believe it :P

Bet I know what they can believe though. And that is we gave Helston a 6 point start in the combo league,and have outclassed them on the football pitch 3 times this season.

Best of luck in the runners up spot.

KIT.

If the die hard fans could of ever imagine just four short years ago....

Bet all 5 of them cant believe it :P

Bet I know what they can believe though. And that is we gave Helston a 6 point start in the combo league,and have outclassed them on the football pitch 3 times this season.

Best of luck in the runners up spot.

KIT.

i dont think you gave helston a six point start in the combo . you had six points deducted for not fulfilling your fixtures last season when you finished bottom

How many will follow Trevor Mewton over to Penzance next season??

Cant answer how many will want to follow Trevor if he goes to Penzance,but one thing is for certain,there will be a steady flow of ambitious footballers who will want to join Cornwalls number 1 club.

KIT.

Cant answer how many will want to follow Trevor if he goes to Penzance,but one thing is for certain,there will be a steady flow of ambitious footballers who will want to join Cornwalls number 1 club.

KIT.

you couldnt of put it any better mate!! :thumbsup:

a hint of jealousy from hp i sense?

id like to add i am not a truro supporter just a cornish football fan!

KIT.

Why's HP going to be jealous???? He plays for a club that his commited to, he plays for a club that he loves, he plays for a club where he has many friends, he plays for a club thats done well this season. Whats he got to be jealous about????? He has a lot more then most of the people who come on here.

KIT.

Why's HP going to be jealous???? He plays for a club that his commited to, he plays for a club that he loves, he plays for a club where he has many friends, he plays for a club thats done well this season. Whats he got to be jealous about????? He has a lot more then most of the people who come on here.

because truro are sitting pretty at the top of the combo league?

Guest Helston Patriot

KIT.

KIT.

No jealousy what so ever! Nothing to be Jealous about! Wow truro top of combo tmsn9, does that mean they will be in champions league? Its only JCCL footy :wacko: not pro! If being top of combo is impressive then you must love bodmin 1st?

Kit65 they will join truro if they pay £10000 siging on fees like of late.

Well done truro, you have proved you are the best team in cornwall and wish you all the luck in the world for your climb up the ladder :thumbsup: :c:

Have Truro played all their games yet??? If they do what they did last year and don't manage to play them all then Truro will be sitting pretty at the bottom of the combo league. In my opinion HP has nothing to be jealous about. :D

well I have to say well done and a great achievement, but Robin can you honestly say that the chairman cares about the whole club. I know I was only playing for your third team, with many 2nd team appearances including 90 minutes against Argyle, but when you pass him walking along the side of the pitch after being at the club for 10 years throughout the youth system, say hello for him to then look the other way and ignore you is not the way to build a club.

But at least his first team, and when they finally got rid of Gary Pascoe who did once win every trophy available to him one season (something the first team have yet to do), start to care about the seconds who are probably the only team at that level to pay every player.

Don't get me wrong, what they're doing is good for Cornwall as a whole, but buying out half of St. Blazey who gave them they're closest match last year is not doing Cornish football the good that people think.

Guest Sport Lover

Jasa dont think you are Truro 2nd's because I dont think you are. The higher up the first team go the '2nd's' will have less and less revelance to the first team unless its to play out of touch/unfit 1st team players.

How many 2nd team combo players got called up to the 1st team because they played well?

Jasa dont think you are Truro 2nd's because I dont think you are. The higher up the first team go the '2nd's' will have less and less revelance to the first team unless its to play out of touch/unfit 1st team players.

How many 2nd team combo players got called up to the 1st team because they played well?

I can name a few 2nd team players that have played for Truro City first team this season.

Jon Ludlam, Tom Chambers, Sam Mathews.Those are just a few that come to mind.

KIT.

Guest Sport Lover

Jonny is a first team player who I guess has become a second team player thats not that same as a second team player being calle dinto the first team cos he is playing well

Jonny is a first team player who I guess has become a second team player thats not that same as a second team player being calle dinto the first team cos he is playing well

What you have said does not make a lot of sense.Seems a bit Irish to me.

Jonny has played for the 2nds all this season,I would say that makes him a 2nd team regular.

KIT.