Cornwall Football Forum

Nigel @Soccerfollower,this isn't the first time this has happened in recent seasons,such a shame that Cornish amateur football has to lose a proud club with a great history.

Hopefully they can rise from the ashes once again,I have so many good memories of hard local derbies when I was with TMS,you always knew what you were getting when you went to Chacewater.

Let's hope the modern trend of apathy towards playing organised sport doesn't hinder a resurrection of some sorts.

Steve P

Brendan,Ralph/Steve,

Absolutely gutted to read this report

.As you say it has happened before,a few years ago,when it wasvery difficult to field settled teams.I am assuming it is the same issue again with a lack of committed players.

I am no longer around to offer my help and experience but gone are the days of many of the players coming from the village itself.I played there with 4 Davis brothers,3 Bennetts brothers,3 Pascoe's and a few other pairs of brothers.

Unfortunately,for various reasons,players do not have the commitment of years ago and without that,the management must feel that they are fighting against the tide.When clubs like Chacewater subside,it is a slippery slope for cornish football.

4 hours ago, Soccer Follower said:

Brendan,Ralph/Steve,

Absolutely gutted to read this report

.As you say it has happened before,a few years ago,when it wasvery difficult to field settled teams.I am assuming it is the same issue again with a lack of committed players.

I am no longer around to offer my help and experience but gone are the days of many of the players coming from the village itself.I played there with 4 Davis brothers,3 Bennetts brothers,3 Pascoe's and a few other pairs of brothers.

Unfortunately,for various reasons,players do not have the commitment of years ago and without that,the management must feel that they are fighting against the tide.When clubs like Chacewater subside,it is a slippery slope for cornish football.

Wont be the last club to fold, due to such reasons. 

Commitment isn’t there anymore, and Having a consistent squad is a thing of the past. 

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

They did this a few years ago got a few divisions high then folded. No doubt will be back in division 4 next league then go up a few leagues again.

Pretty sure a new ruling says, can’t reapply next season 

50 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

There is no such ruling.  If they apply it's down to the clubs at the AGM as to whether they get voted back in or not.

Ok my misunderstanding, I thought there was a new rule regarding a seasons grace until could reapply. My apologies 

6 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

There is no such ruling.  If they apply it's down to the clubs at the AGM as to whether they get voted back in or not.

How will the withdrawal this week of both Chacewater and Foxhole Stars Reserves affect relegation Steve? Will there be just one relegated from the appropriate divisions?

3 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Yes Dave.  Rule 22b(xxv) covers that.  If a team withdraws from a division then one less team is relegated.

As a father/player/linesman/supporter the restructuring of the leagues were wrong from the start. St day finished 54 ish points behind new inn titans last season and finished in the relegation, new inn were top and they ended up in the same league this year, with stronger teams dropping down. I am not saying that it is a factor but it makes it a tough long season for clubs, especially for us at St day regularly field 5 players from last seasons under 16's team