Constantine Reserves v Pendeen Rovers Reserves
Dropship Reserves v Helston Raiders
Mullion Thirds v St Just Reserves
Penryn Athletic Reserves v Wendron United Fifths
Storm v Lizard Argyle Reserves
Troon Reserves v Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Sat 13th January 2024 fixtures

New Inn Titans FC 1 - 4 Pensilva FC 

Pensilva Deserved winners, fantastic all over the park. 

Good luck in the next round from all at New Inn Titans FC 

Superbly Reffed by George Pattison, coming out of retirement to help out. 

Stithians 3 Probus 1 

Junior Cup

The pitch and conditions in general were the best I’ve ever seen at the show ground - the last time I was there playing it was freezing cold and pouring with rain!

Probus took the lead inside the first 15 minutes when a corner fell to Tom Rhodes who smashed the ball against the underside of the crossbar and it ended up in the net. Dan Vincent had a chance to increase the visitors lead, but he dragged his shot wide. Stithians were generally playing a very direct style of football, and they did have 2 consecutive corners in injury time, with one of them ending in the ball being cleared from near the line. 0-1 at halftime.

A Probus corner hit the bar immediately after the restart, but that was about as good as it got in the second half. The home side were awarded a penalty when a shot was struck towards goal and Tom Rhodes was penalised for handball, despite him being close to the player that struck the ball. The Stithians number 9 scored from the spot. Probus felt aggrieved, and for the reamaimder of the game some players focused on arguing with the referee, rather than concentrating on their own game. With 15 minutes left the home side took the lead, when a deep cross was headed in from close range. Probus huffed and puffed but did not create any real chances, and were restricted to long range efforts. Dan Vincent was sin binned (again) with 10 minutes to go. Stithians completed the scoring deep into injury time when their number 10 finished well. Final score 3-1.
The visitors were the better team in the first half, without really creating much, and the home side were the better team in the second half.
Probus only have themselves to blame, but some players lost their discipline in the second half and they then allowed Stithians back into the game. The referee had a difficult job because neither team made it easy for him. The game was competitive, but generally played in good spirits, although the only sour note was the number 14 for Stithians injuring Jack Truscott with a late tackle - resulting in him being substituted and leaving him with a gash above his ankle. Good luck to Stithians in the next round.

52 minutes ago, mbkted said:

Today I had the pleasure of reffing storm v lizard at poole academy

storm won 2-1 in what was a pretty scrappy game with storm ultimately taking their chances and scraping a narrow win

Both teams where well behaved and didn’t give me anything contentious to deal with 

Is that cos u play for them?storm won't abuse a ref that plays for them

14 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Is that cos u play for them?storm won't abuse a ref that plays for them

Not at all. 

Neither team where on at me for any decisions I made or didn’t make depending on your view point of course 

4 hours ago, ian beale said:

& storm won meaning they don’t need to blame someone else for the result 

Where has all this bad blood come from regarding storm?

Falmouth united 10 - 0 Chacewater. 

Needing my lads to bounce back from the worst game I've seen us play all season I hoped for our passing to be crisper and to be patient at through the thirds but direct and clinical in the final third. The lads didn't disappoint at all. Last week we were very slow and reactive but this week the boys were hungry and proactive on and off the ball. We pressed when needed but also allowed our attacking players to stay high creating opportunities this week we took. 10 goals from 7 different goal scorers shows how unselfish the lads were creating opportunities for others but also being clinical when given the chance. The first goal was a from a perfect lofted ball from Reuben Talbot over the CB for Mike R to lift over the approaching keeper. The second was from the spot and Archie Becconsall to smash in the bottom corner. The third came from a cross from Reece Toms for Mike R to slip in front of the young RB for a header from the penalty spot. The forth came from Hayden who drifted wide for Mike to slip the ball through to him to smash in the far corner. The fifth goal was my favourite. Toby Murfin won the ball at RB played the ball to Alfie R on the right side who played it inside to Archie who chipped the ball over between the CB and RB for Toby who continued his run and Rifled the ball near post. A great team goal with my fullback attacking as I asked for. 5 at half time. 
Second half took a couple mins to get back up to speed but when the lads found form again it was amazing in the final third. The 6th goal came from excellent work from Ross Cashmore driving up the field. Deserving a shooting opportunity when he got there but opted to pass it but the defender blocked for it to fall to him again to pass high to Mike R for his third on the half volley from about 8 yards out. Instantly subbed off after 🤦🤦. The 7th goal came from Reece Toms driving through the right hand side of the the Chacewater team and smashing low in the bottom corner. The 8th came from another great pass from Reuben Talbot to Hayden Webber to turn the CB and tuck in the bottom corner. The 9th goal was from 17 year old Charlie Pearson was at the right place at the right time and has been so busy all game causing problems with his pace. He deserved a goal for his efforts. The 10th goal was another great run from Reece Toms to find Cameron Hamshaw at the back post to tap the ball home. 

The scoreline looks great but Chacewater did threaten at times hitting the crossbar from a freekick and also forcing keeper Lewis to a couple amazing saves. Chacewater is a great club with a long history and bringing young players to keep the club going is amazing both for the youth they have getting plenty of game time but also keeping them in the league. 

Man of the match goes to Reece Toms for the second week on the trot. For causing Chacewater so much of issue a couple of assists and great goal himself. 

Toby murfin gets a special mention for his excellent defending at both ends of the pitch. Stopping reece from getting his second in spectacular fashion. 

Junior cup away next week at Bodmin. Minibus and beers will be a great trip to a decent pitch and unknown opposition.  

Massive thank you to clo who managed the game while I played. Made changes and sorted linesmen etc as well as take the photos.

Junior cup 🏆 

New Inn Titans FC 1 - 4 Pensilva FC

Two Teams Clashed, in this Encounter. 
Pensilva travelled down, sitting Top of their respected league, and New Inn Titans FC sitting top of their respected league. 

After a little build up, from Cornish Soccer Podcast as the Tie of the Round. 
This would be a mouthwatering contest on Paper, but that isn’t how it panned out. 

Pensilva looked very up for this game, in their warm up, and New Inn Felt the same in theirs. 

George Pattison out of retirement, blew the whistle for the game to commence, and we were off. 

Pensilva started positively and were a bit cautious, just as New Inn were, and when a long diagonal was played for Their winger, Chapman to chase alongside, New Inn Right back Jareth smith, and a challenge between the both, seem to have caused Chapman some discomfort and he had to be substituted in the first 10 mins. 

New Inn were trying their best to get some passes together but, with the 3 ball players Baber, Nico and Connor out with injuries respectfully, and other plans, New Inn Couldn’t seem to grasp any momentum with Pensilva midfield 3 pressing quick, and not giving any space to Titans players. Pensilva used their attributes well and played balls into Sam Rogers feet, but didn’t create as much as they would have wished, with Podmore and Rogers normally quite prolific. 

Midway through the first half, an attack for New Inn, gained an advantage down the right hand wing, a ball into Jack Pacy, who was brought down from a challenge from behind, gave The official no choice but to award the penalty. 
Up stepped Johnny jones to convert and 1-0 New Inn. 

First half continued like a game of chess, and Titans took, the lead into the half time break. 

Shaun gave his team talk, and was simple instructions
“Keep shape, and try and frustrate Them”

This didn’t happen, and no sooner had the whistle blown to restart, Pensilva came out firing and pressing intensely. And this created 2 goals in 6 mins! 

One a cutback and tap in, from 6 yards out, and another a superb deft touch from Sam Rogers, brought down a long ball, which fell into the path of Podmore to strike home a unbelievable strike not even breaking stride! Top bins. And 1-0 turned into 1-2 Pensilva. 

Not what New Inn needed, and Pensilva then grabbed control of the game, at times playing some great, interchanging football, which caused problems for Titans, and 10 mins to go, Pensilva grabbed a 3rd, and then with Titans pushing to try and salvage the game, left New Inn Open wide, and on the 93rd minute a counter attack was the reason for a 4th goal, for Pensilva and wrapping up the tie. 

Handing Handing New Inn Titans their first defeat at home in 3 years. 

A great game which sadly didn’t live up to the expectations, of what could have been. 
Thanks to Pensilva for coming back to the pub after for an hour or so…. And all the best for the next round, from all at New Inn Titans FC