Mousehole P-P St Agnes

Penryn P-P Saltash Borough

CORNWALL WOMEN'S FOOTBALL LEAGUE - DIVISION TWO

Callington P-P Biscovey

FXSU 10-1 Wendron

Lanner 13-3 Charlestown

Ludgvan 1-0 Redruth

Troon 1-5 Padstow

Thanks for the tip justanopinion, our research shows The Hewas Inn as opening at 12 noon and as it's in the village we should be able to fit in some lunch before the 1 pm kick off.

We had thoughts about going to Helston who have a huge task against Exeter City but have decided on a shorter journey to mid Cornwall.

Best of luck to both Helston and Sticker who no doubt will give of their best for their clubs.

• Gary Hocking changed the title to RESULTS SUNDAY 12TH NOVEMBER

I posted the rest of the results over an hour ago but I can't track down anyone to tell me about today's Troon vs Padstow fixture. I've left it blank for now - and will fill it in later if it gets posted anywhere - but with Padstow forfeiting their last two fixtures it may not actually have been played.

Meanwhile, one for the Stattos, I reckon Biscovey Women might be the only team playing in any competitive league in Cornwall at any level of mens or womens football yet to have conceded a goal. If so, congratulations Biscovey. 

Ludgvan 1 Reds 0

Did everything but put the ball in the net today! Outstanding performance from Ludgvan keeper and had a goal disallowed for offside aswell.

Incredible how much these two teams have improved since their introduction into the CWFL last season. Both teams played excellent football.

Brilliant hospitality (and tyre changer!) and appreciate them making every effort to get the game on today.

St. Buryan in the county cup next week. Up the reds!

We ended up at Sticker V Stoneham on Sunday and if this match was to be described as a idea of the popularity of womens football in Cornwall, then if the county officials were ever in doubt, they need worry no more.
Those who know the Sticker club will realise the amount of interest in the game when i say that the car park was packed and some vehicles were having to park out in the road.
A free programme was given to us as we entered which listed the two squads, but as is usual now , no team names of those who were playing were given over the P.A. system, what is the value of squad names to a supporter, if team names are not identified.
The Stoneham supporters contingent were a comparitively small minority but made their presence known in a noisey but respectful way.
The game started after a minutes silence was observed, and it was obvious that Stoneham were a team to be reckoned with but it was also not on Stickers agenda to be seen as lambs to the slaughter
Lack of Knowledge as to who was who makes a match report impossible for us, but suffice to say that at half time Stoneham were ahead 2-0 one of the goals appeared to be as a result of a cross that hit a Stoneham player and was deflected in to the net.
The second half saw Sticker under the cosh when they appeared to tire and give the ball away too often which resulted in Stoneham scoring two more goals.
We enjoyed our visit which is the norm whenever we visit Sticker, congratulations to both teams who reached this round and to Stoneham who a supporter claimed have now reached the 2nd round proper for the first time in their history.
Cosmmiserations also to Helston who really had their hands full with a visit by Exeter Ladies and lost 8-0.

A personal thanks to justanopinion who recommended The Hewas Inn for a meal that we throughly enjoyed.

Don't know where that notice was unless it was in the clubhouse, but if that was the case well done but don't exclude those of us who don't always go in there.

It used to be the norm to read out the team over the p.a. and although encouraged to do so by the leagues officialdom, it rarely happens.