Cornwall Football Forum

Title race

Tavi Fan

13 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Still fancy helston . Especially if Steve Massey and co can persuade Henry Wilson to sign on instead of Buckland 

If I had to punt on it, I would say that the budgets of Helston, Barnstaple and Bridgwater will turn it into a 3 horse race at the top. At the business end of the season, come next March/April, their budgets and resources will become a factor (including the ability to take players off their rivals or pull them in from step 3/4 clubs).  

Would expect the title and play off issues to go down to the last day though.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

If I had to punt on it, I would say that the budgets of Helston, Barnstaple and Bridgwater will turn it into a 3 horse race at the top. At the business end of the season, come next March/April, their budgets and resources will become a factor (including the ability to take players off their rivals or pull them in from step 3/4 clubs).  

Would expect the title and play off issues to go down to the last day though.

So Clevedon not worthy of being in the race. Must be doing something right. 

3 hours ago, le boss said:

So Clevedon not worthy of being in the race. Must be doing something right. 

Just my thoughts. Going to be a thrilling Western League end of season, the play offs have added another dimension. Makes me wonder what could have been in the SWPL last season if the proposed merger hadn't collapsed.

Of the sides I have seen so and I have seen all of the top 10 apart from Falmouth. I think the winner will come from one of Barnstaple, Helston or Bridgwater. Although Barnstaple need to start winning their home games only 2 wins in 7 at home and they were both against the bottom 2. I didn't fancy Bridgwater at the start of the season but in recent weeks they have made two big signings that adds a lot of depth and firepower to them. Helston have for me the best coach in the league, are solid at the back and have plenty of goals in forward areas, if had to stick my neck out I would back them to win it.

It’s going to be to tight to call at the moment,over the next couple of months with grounds getting heavy and potentially a lot of games being called off because of the weather and teams going further in cup competitions it will come down to the team with a strongest squad,plus this year with 4 playoff places up for grabs you could have 7/8 teams involved in the final weeks of the season. So it’s the same old saying which is one game at a time for the clubs involved.but if I had to stick my head on the Block my top five involved would be,Helston, Bridgwater, Barnstaple,Clevedon and Falmouth with Buckland and Brixham just missing out.

I wasn't overly impressed with Clevedon on Saturday considering they're currently top. Defence definitely looked vulnerable.

I haven't really seen enough of the top sides to suggest who will finish champions but I would imagine Bridgwater, Brixham, Buckland, Helston, Falmouth and Barnstaple (in no particular order) could well be in the top six!