Stoke Gabriel & T P     1-4     Sidmouth Town 

Torrington                  1-2     Bridport 

WEST 

Bude Town             1-4    Wendron United 

Camelford               2-1     Dobwalls 

Holsworthy              3-0      Bodmin Town 

Mullion                    1-7     AFC St Austell 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 12 August 2023

Bude out played in a cracking second half for Wendron. 1st half pretty even with Bude arguably getting the better of it. Wendron equaliser coming on the stroke of halftime. 
The second half belonged to Wendron. That said is Billy Hopcroft had put away his chance, the outcome may have been different. However he didn’t and  Wendron went up the park to take the lead and never looked back. 
No idea who the Wendron number 11 is, but he is a lovely footballer. Had an excellent game. Scored 3 good goals and was worth the admission fee alone. 

On a more positive note (although some will be gutted at the news) BIG PHYSICAL Bude managed to keep 11 players on the park for the entirety of the match. 

Bude have some talented footballers. They will click before too long I’m sure. 

3 hours ago, The Jam Tart said:

Bude out played in a cracking second half for Wendron. 1st half pretty even with Bude arguably getting the better of it. Wendron equaliser coming on the stroke of halftime. 
The second half belonged to Wendron. That said is Billy Hopcroft had put away his chance, the outcome may have been different. However he didn’t and  Wendron went up the park to take the lead and never looked back. 
No idea who the Wendron number 11 is, but he is a lovely footballer. Had an excellent game. Scored 3 good goals and was worth the admission fee alone. 

On a more positive note (although some will be gutted at the news) BIG PHYSICAL Bude managed to keep 11 players on the park for the entirety of the match. 

Bude have some talented footballers. They will click before too long I’m sure. 

The ‘Dron the best footballing / watchable SWPL West side after Liskeard. Charlie Young a prolific scorer. The blond pony-tailed forward Josh Wood is a very elusive and skilful forward. Maybe that is the player that impressed you? Hope all good with you Jambo.

36 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

The ‘Dron the best footballing / watchable SWPL West side after Liskeard. Charlie Young a prolific scorer. The blond pony-tailed forward Josh Wood is a very elusive and skilful forward. Maybe that is the player that impressed you? Hope all good with you Jambo.

Josh Wood, that’s the one. Cracking player. Was very impressed. All good Barrie. Your mob did well Thursday. Got a good chance of meeting Villa next round. Quite jealous. Although I’ve watched the Jammies at White Hart Lane and Anfield in Europe. Both good nights 🍻Was on the Kop for the Liverpool game. Couldn’t get a ticket in the Hearts end. Hopefully see you behind the goals soon 

15 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

Anyone expecting that result for Bodmin today?🤨

Well Holsworthy an an unknowing quantity I guess. But the short answer from me, No. Great result for them. 

6 minutes ago, The Jam Tart said:

Josh Wood, that’s the one. Cracking player. Was very impressed. All good Barrie. Your mob did well Thursday. Got a good chance of meeting Villa next round. Quite jealous. Although I’ve watched the Jammies at White Hart Lane and Anfield in Europe. Both good nights 🍻Was on the Kop for the Liverpool game. Couldn’t get a ticket in the Hearts end. Hopefully see you behind the goals soon 

Well Holsworthy an an unknowing quantity I guess. But the short answer from me, No. Great result for them. 

6 minutes ago, The Jam Tart said:

Would try to get a ticket for any part of Villa Park if Hibees play there! A surprising result at Upcott Field. Holsworthy were, in their time in the East division, nearly always near the bottom. I expect them to be bottom 5 in the West.

Holsworthy may actually be a surprise package? Only time will tell on that front.

Wendron look a serious side and fully expect them to be right up there come the end of the season. Went to watch them at Tavistock in pre season and they were more than a match for them. 

seems to be a lot of goals being scored, which highlights teams gelling and things not quite clicking! 

13 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

Anyone expecting that result for Bodmin today?🤨

not surprised at all , they signed a lot of players  and some have already left, they have a pretty average squad, had them down to lose in my prediction league, so some points for me 😉

I had Bodmin down for a top team this season i saw them severel times in pre season and thought they had a good team then other teams come calling and the players who promised to join Bodmin change there minds and go where they can get more money on the Bodmin Website they had  saying  to the club to this player and next hes gone to somewhere else hes a really good player when he use to play for Bodmin then he went to another club and played under a different name thought that was strange at the time . I feel for Shaun and Dane they are doing there best at Bodmin and i think they have a good team on paper but have  a problem in the goalkeeping department with Dave Rickard away but in every game i saw him in pre season he was my MOM in all of them hes some keeper but we have our Adam at Newquay and hes pretty good as well . Hope Newquay dont beat Bodmin to heavy this Saturday they are looking really good best Newquay side i have seen in years and Shaun Middleton has got them playing lovely football with Cam Turner the architect his passing is unbelievable hoping Newquay have there 2 main strikers back this weekend and the weather is nice and Bodmin give Newquay a good game and Dane is given time to build the team or else i can see him up Home Park watching  Plymouth demolish all the teams in the Championship