Cornwall Football Forum

Helston 2 - 1 Perranporth

Dom Pullen with his 45th and 46th goal of the season

Goal number 46 shouldn't have stood, shocking miss by the referee to not give a blatant foul just before!

Good game though, good luck to Helston for remainder of the season.

Guest WINNO

FAIR POINT TO PERRAN OUR 2ND GOAL CAME FROM ONE OF SO MANY AWEFUL DECISIONS TODAY BY THE REF. I EVEN FELL OUT WITH MICKEY TODAY WHICH DONT HAPPEN NORMALLY BUT HE RUINED A COMPETITIVE GAME OF FOOTBALL AS DO MANY!!!. I FEEL WE HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH CHANCES TO HAVE RUN OUT COMFORTABLE WINNERS TODAY BUT PERRAN NEVER GIVE UP AND MADE US WORK HARD.

WEVE HAD A FEW NOW AND I WILL VOICE MY OPINIONS. TO MANY REFS I FEEL ARE MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE CONDITION OF THE PITCH THE NET ISNT AT THE RIGHT ANGLES AND YOUR WEARING THE SAME COLOURED SOCKS!!!YET THEY THEMSEVES CANNOT EVEN GET AROUND THE FIELD OF PLAY AND LAUGH AT CHALLENGES THAT COULD PUT SOMEBODY OUT OF WORK FOR WEEKS. WEVE HAD A FEW THIS SEASON. WEVE HAD SOME VERY GOOD ONES AS WELL AND WE ALL NEED A REF BUT THERE ARE RULES AND WHY DONT SOME SING FROM THE SAME RULE BOOK AS OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!! SURE I WILL GET SOME REPLYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest WINNO

Big fish in a little pond!! congrats to him hopefully he'll make 50!!

DISSAPPOINTED IN THAT QUOTE LOCAL BOY PLEASE BACK UP YUR COMMENT OF THE BIG FISH LITTLE POND.

Well done to Helston today :clapper: Dom looked a little disapointed when told by the ref to leave the lineos alone today, but your no.8 made up for him, gobby little shit :D Good luck for the rest of the season, and winno, you where right the cold wkd (or two or three) did go down well after the game :smiley20:

DISSAPPOINTED IN THAT QUOTE LOCAL BOY PLEASE BACK UP YUR COMMENT OF THE BIG FISH LITTLE POND.

Dommo could and probably should be playing a higher standard, you know that as well as plenty of other people winno!!

The only problem is he's happy at Helston and doesnt want to go anywhere else, which is probably down to you!!

Like I said I hope he gets to 50 goals, its a remarkable achievement!!

In my honest opinion...Dom is playing at his level....when you take everything into account...fitness etc

And could he be playing for a better team in the Combo??? I don't think there is a better one than Helston with the possible exception of maybe Truro and he probably wouldn't get a look in there.

Cant fault his goal record. Speaks for itself.

Penryn Reserves 1-0 St Day

clasic game of two halves, penryn had the first half and st day the second. they scored with their chance but will probably feel they should have had several more whereas st day didn't create too many chances and as the scoreline suggests never really troubled penryn. two good saves apeice from each keeper kept the scores down to a minimun.

in a curtain raiser for the supp cup semi on may 11th this should be an entertaining encounter.

ref watch: the ever improving Nigel Nichols had a very good game, he took control from the very start, booking a player for using bad language. overall i felt he had good control of the game and gave everything as he saw it, could have given either side a pen but let the game flow, just goes to show the better refs are the ones who have played the game at a decent level. well done Nigel keep it up.

Guest Ronin

Winno how could you fall out with our Micky? :unsure: He's one of the easiest blokes to get along with that I know! I couldn't make the game today but I'm sure our lads will be chuffed to hold you to 2-1. All the best in the fight for the top :thumbsup:

Guest Helston Patriot

Well done to Helston today :clapper: Dom looked a little disapointed when told by the ref to leave the lineos alone today, but your no.8 made up for him, gobby little shit :D Good luck for the rest of the season, and winno, you where right the cold wkd (or two or three) did go down well after the game :smiley20:

No wonder being kicked all game and some obvious touchline decisions going against Helston. My brother in-law was sitting in my car watching in the second half, He wants me to thank you on making him laugh.... When i asked how did you make him laugh, he replied with " Those offsides she gave!!" So from mike, many thanks!

No wonder being kicked all game and some obvious touchline decisions going against Helston. My brother in-law was sitting in my car watching in the second half, He wants me to thank you on making him laugh.... When i asked how did you make him laugh, he replied with " Those offsides she gave!!" So from mike, many thanks!

Please explain, because unless i read that wrong your calling me a cheat. And the offside i gave in the 2nd half had 3 .............. not 1 not 2 but 3 players gaining advantage. If that makes your brother-in-law laugh maybe he needs to get out of the car and stand on the line where he would get a better view then anyone else watching or playing for that matter. And if i did make a mistake normally the player/s you flag for being offside voice their opinions (i know Dom would of) and not one of them said a word.

And i called your number 8 a gobby little shit because of something he said to me, his lucky he never got my flag up his arse. :D

Have a nice day HP and good luck with the rest of the season :D

Guest Helston Patriot

And i called your number 8 a gobby little shit because of something he said to me, his lucky he never got my flag up his arse. :D

Should of reported it to the ref instead doing it back?!!?? :wacko:

Surely thats foul and abusive language?

DONT SWEAR AT OFFICIALS PEOPLE ITS AGAINST THE LETTER OF THE LAW AND SETS A BAD EXAMPLE TO YOUNG CHILDREN

Small print states....but they can swear at you and then openly admit it on a public forum

You have a nice day also, goodluck with the rest of Perran's season..:)

Guest WINNO

In my honest opinion...Dom is playing at his level....when you take everything into account...fitness etc

And could he be playing for a better team in the Combo??? I don't think there is a better one than Helston with the possible exception of maybe Truro and he probably wouldn't get a look in there.

Cant fault his goal record. Speaks for itself.

Dominic isnt a big fish in a little pond hes playing for Helston because he enjoys it there and yes he is my friend. Big Fish get big money in little leagues and unlike alot of players in the combination league Dom plays for nothing at all arnt I lucky!!!

As for found his level Dom will score goals at whatever level he plays at if you get the ball to him. I would guarantee at least 30 goals in the peninsula league the standard is not any better than the top 6 of the combo at this present time anyhow!!!!!

Winno how could you fall out with our Micky? :unsure: He's one of the easiest blokes to get along with that I know! I couldn't make the game today but I'm sure our lads will be chuffed to hold you to 2-1. All the best in the fight for the top :thumbsup:

Some of the decisions that were made both sides were terrible and when bad things are let go you react as did Mickey. Were ok now though as for Anita thought you did a good job from what I could see.

Truro 4-0 Illogan

Didn't disgrace ourselves by any means yesterday playing some great football at times, but never really looked like scoring.

Truro played well but are just simply clinical in finishing, Reski bagged 2 absolute pearlers 1st a 30 yard strike top corner and his 2nd a volley from a cross 18 yards out, quality.

But in their club after it was nearly empty before I finished my drink so clearly just there for the money and don't care much for the club which is a shame.

Should of reported it to the ref instead doing it back?!!?? :wacko:

Surely thats foul and abusive language?

DONT SWEAR AT OFFICIALS PEOPLE ITS AGAINST THE LETTER OF THE LAW AND SETS A BAD EXAMPLE TO YOUNG CHILDREN

Small print states....but they can swear at you and then openly admit it on a public forum

You have a nice day also, goodluck with the rest of Perran's season..:)

I didn't call him that on the pitch i said to him 'When your perfect and you don't make mistakes then come back to me and tell me what you think of me until then shut up.' And guess what he shut up.

Winno, you've a good team down there and doing a great job, good luck with the promotion, nice supporters you've got down there too, one even brought me a drink (out of pity i think) :smiley20: :D

Truro 4-0 Illogan

Didn't disgrace ourselves by any means yesterday playing some great football at times, but never really looked like scoring.

Truro played well but are just simply clinical in finishing, Reski bagged 2 absolute pearlers 1st a 30 yard strike top corner and his 2nd a volley from a cross 18 yards out, quality.

But in their club after it was nearly empty before I finished my drink so clearly just there for the money and don't care much for the club which is a shame.

unfair comment.u only have ten min drive home some of them 3hrs,they had a drink and went home whats wrong with that,all these childish remarks on here do my head in :blink:

Truro 4-0 Illogan

unfair comment.u only have ten min drive home some of them 3hrs,they had a drink and went home whats wrong with that,all these childish remarks on here do my head in :blink:

but i will add well done today for not giving in,good fair battle and not one bad tackle :drink:

Guest Ronin

u only have ten min drive home some of them 3hrs,they had a drink and went home whats wrong with that,all these childish remarks on here do my head in :blink:

If they're driving 3 hrs to play then it seems obvious they're only doing it for the money and not the club (whichever club it may be). Not saying that's a bad thing as most people would travel for money these days but it's a shame we don't have local lads playing for local clubs as much as we used to (making myself sound old now)

HP maybe your bro-in-law should get out of his car and run alongside the lino for a few matches before he starts questioning decisions. Better still maybe he could go and get himself qualified & do it himself then maybe Anita could spend a Saturday afternoon watching a game from the side with a :drink: for a change instead of giving her time for free week in week out so that people like you can play footie. Rant over ^_^

u only have ten min drive home some of them 3hrs,they had a drink and went home whats wrong with that,all these childish remarks on here do my head in :blink:

If they're driving 3 hrs to play then it seems obvious they're only doing it for the money and not the club (whichever club it may be). Not saying that's a bad thing as most people would travel for money these days but it's a shame we don't have local lads playing for local clubs as much as we used to (making myself sound old now)

HP maybe your bro-in-law should get out of his car and run alongside the lino for a few matches before he starts questioning decisions. Better still maybe he could go and get himself qualified & do it himself then maybe Anita could spend a Saturday afternoon watching a game from the side with a :drink: for a change instead of giving her time for free week in week out so that people like you can play footie. Rant over ^_^

dont disagree with what your saying but i been back at socalled smaller clubs and players go straight home,but because its truro,yets jump on the bandwagon,i dont make comments about other clubhouses ect,because thats nothing to do with the football side of it,dont thing gee would have mentioned it if it had say been at holmans :glare:

Guest Helston Patriot

Because he can play... :thumbsup:

Guest Man on the Post

I've got something in common with HP's brother-in-law. I've seen HP play and I couldn't stop laughing either. :yahoo::clapper: :thumbsup:

Guest Woodpecker

Winno! :P Stop talking rubbish,How can you comment on the standard of the swpl when you r only a manager in the combo,in your first season!Do your talking on the pitch and not on this forum!Actions speak louder than words!

The combo is a joke league!It has 8 reserve teams in it,Most of the players r mining league standard!

PORTHLEVEN,WADEBRIDGE TOWN,MOUSEHOLE and PENRYN ATHLETIC r all good teams in the swpl,much better than combo teams like HELSTON ATHLETIC,HOLMAN SC,PERRANWELL,ST AGNES,PORTHLEVEN RESERVES.I think helston would do ok in the swpl,but as Truro reserves r going up this season you probably won't find out for a few seasons!

As for Dom,(good player) how can you say he will score 30 goals + in the swpl!Question-Remember the leading goalscorers in the combo last season(reynolds etc),what have they done in the swpl this season?Answer-nothing

What a surprise-Hp talking about officals in the combo-The cornish fa should now take action after reading his latest attack on officals :SM_carton::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Thats right Woodpecker..Stuart Reynolds and Jowan May both struggled in the SWPL after scoring for fun in the Combination League. Probably for different reasons though.

Jowan is determined to bounce back with us next season and good luck to him.

but remember not everyone has a great first season when stepping up a league so maybe next season they may fair a bit better!!

as for HP

helston have had a great season and all the people that knock them can do one!!! im a mate of dom pullen and he is one of the nicest guys you could meet and a great goal getter to boot

as for playersstepping up a league or playing to a higher standard!! not all players can step down a league and perform as well as the style of football is sometimes different in lower leagues!! i always rememebr tha if you played a team from the south western league(as it was then)in the senior cup( i played for an ECPL side, they always whigned and moaned, sems like they may be batter footballers the higher up you go but most of them are also bigger whingers and dont like a hard tackle put in!!!!

Guest WINNO

Ive seen a few games from swpl this season and know alot of people involved in it. They all say how poor a standard most of it is. Not knocking it though and Im first to say how poor the combo is these days infact I do belive as I have said before on here. The swpl is no better than combo from 10-15 yrs ago a Penryn or Perranwell from back then would sort most sides out in it hands down!!!!!!!

People always gob off on here hiding behind names which I think is very poor. Jeff mousehole are doing well this season but dont jump the gun eh bud Mousehole were a combo side last season and a half descent one at that runners up in the league to illogan and the league cup to the mighty penryn!!!and see what you can do. I will stick up for Dom because hes different to Stu and Jowan and has scored at South Western League level before. If you can get the ball to him he will score you goals simple as.WHATEVER LEAGUE YOU ARE IN.

Never ever heard me old mate Rappo knocked on here b4 with his goal scoring exploits......

someone scores 46 combo goals and still gets questioned about his ability to score in the pen west league??? a league that contains the worst sides from the final old swl and not even all the best sides from last seasons combo/ecpl :lol: i ain,t seen anyone setting the world alight with goals this season,possibly westgarth being the exception,he,s missed a lot of games and will still finish top scorer in league.

unfair comment.u only have ten min drive home some of them 3hrs,they had a drink and went home whats wrong with that,all these childish remarks on here do my head in

I can appreciate that Mr M, I suppose thats the price you pay (literally) for bringing in the best players from all over you lose some of the social element which is a shame.

right on winno!!

as for people hiding behind names

everyone knows who all the honest people are on this sitre, even if you cant work there names out straight away, its the trouble makers who hide behind nicknames that are very conspicuous!

EVERYONE KNOW WHO I AM!! NOT EASY TO MIS ME ON THE PITCH EITHER IS IT!!!

If the Combination League is a joke league, why do SWLP (1) teams and Truro bother putting reserve teams in this league. Surely they wouldn't want their players playing at a joke level standard and unable to improve! Secondly, why do junior teams want to get promoted to a joke league? I'm confused :(

Guest Woodpecker

the cat-what r you going on about! :wacko: (as for players stepping up a league or playing to a higher standard!! not all players can step down a league and perform as well as the style of football is sometimes different in lower leagues!!) it's not the champions league,it's cornish football!Does cornish football have a style! :c: Players down here can't play in different styles,it's all luck! kick and run,hit the corners!

The pope is a nice bloke,but it doesn't make him ronaldo or best!

woodpecker u have been banging your head against the tree too much and scrambled ur brain

if u dont like cornish football then dont watch it

the combo league has\served cornish football well over the years with many youngsters being blooded in it and then moving on to higher standards

we refer to u as one of those people who hide behind a forum name

im THE CAT and dont you forget it, remember cats chase birds for fun

Guest Sullivan

Ronaldo has scored 37 goals this season from midfield. Is he a big fish in a small pond? I personally think players sometimes have a great season.

Bit of a weird statement really local boy!

How would you define a BIG FISH?

Ryan Bushby playing for St.Ives after playing a much higher standard than Domo ever has.

Mark Hope playing for St.Ives as above.

Chris Russell playing the same standard as Dom has and probably marking him out of the game in the old South Western League on many occasions.

Their are more but I think that proves a point!

Guest Helston Patriot

Winno, you've a good team down there and doing a great job, good luck with the promotion, nice supporters you've got down there too, one even brought me a drink (out of pity i think) :smiley20::D

That was my dad! :drink:

Guest messi

upon recent news, would like to note what a result it was for mullion on sat! i was unaware of st. agnes's recent unbeaten form and to go there and pick up a 2-1 win without big money signing dan stidwell was a fantastic achievement!! the manager has taken alot of stick this season but has got us playin footy now!! 8points from 12 things lookin up for are young side!!