Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 29/03/08

Div 3: Falmouth Athletic 6 Frogpool 2.

Falmouth made a quick start and were 3 up in first 15 minutes.

Cudlipp scored within a minute, Jack Foote followed up for a fortunate second and Cudlipp slotted the third after a nice through ball from centre mid Chris Gardener.

Falmouth took their foot of the pedal a bit and Frogpool pulled a header back to make it 3-1 at the break.

Foote finished a fine second into the corner with 25 to go before a poor clearance gave Frogpool another from a distance.

Cudlipp had his third shortly after and Ronnie Tregus again got the goal he deserved with a header 10 minutes from time.

Athletic were caught offside a bit too much although Frogpool pushed right to the end.

Athletic subs Mark Picken, Asa Gould and Mark O'Neil all used 2nd half.

I honestly hope Frogpool stay up in Div 3 next year as they are a great bunch of lads.

No game for Athletic 2nds next week but away to Camborne Park on Tues 8th April.

Guest Spenny

Lockhart Cup 1/4

Wendron 0 v 3 Chacewater (Mike Elliott 3)

Very difficult conditions made the result the only important thing.

Who else is still left in does anyone know.

Guest Dave Sobey

DIVISION ONE

FALMOUTH ATH 2 MOUSEHOLE 1

HAYLE 0 PENRYN 4

HELSTON 3 HOLMANS 3

MAWNAN 6 LIZARD 2

ST KEVERNE 6 STITHIANS 0

DIVISION TWO

CONSTANTINE 2 WENDRON 2

FROGPOOL 2 MAWNAN 1

DIVISION THREE

CAMBORNE PARK 6 LIZARD 2

FALMOUTH ATH 7 FROGPOOL 2

LOCKHART CUP

WENDRON 0 CHACEWATER 3

BARKER BOWL

MARAZION 4 MAWGAN 0

TERRY JENNINGS CUP

PORT RANGERS 5 CARHARRACK 1

ST DAY 2 HELSTON 1

ALL OTHER GAMES OFF

Guest Postie Pidge

Div 3: Falmouth Athletic 6 Frogpool 2.

Mikey are you getting the score wrong?!!

div 1 penryn 4 - 0 hayle

excellent win for us today in terrible conditions.

Hayle 0 - 4 Penryn

Guest artificiosus

soccer follower albion are out of the cup

athletic are still in it

holmans - helston sounded like a good game both play good football,

to be honest holmans best footballing side ive seen this season

jakey albion r still in the cup

i think the poriridge you had at camborne nick this morning mite of had sumit init. :D

Guest artificiosus

rumor?

well yes like i told you earlia i have signed for mawgan united today.

what did you think of my performance 2nite outfield :D

Marazion 4- Mawgan 0

In terrible conditions Mawgan submitted to Marazion without a fight the 1st goal was a good header which left the keeper with no chance but in truth the marking was non existant the next 3 goals all came from howlers from the stand-in goal keeper all of them came from ridiculous free kicks given away around the box.

This was the worst performance of the season by a country mile and the 1st time as manager I have seen our team go down without a fight not one player could hold his head up high.

that is to take nothing away from Marazion who were by far the better team and I would like to wish them all the best in the next round.

A quick word on the ref who kept his head while all around him were losing theirs 10/10

We now welcome the signing of supergeach who will sure things up for us at the back.

bloody hell theres no keeping up with some people-nice 2 c the loyalty arti

Urban spaceman keep your beak out of other peoples business, what people do and where they play has got nothing to do with you.

1 thing Geachy can be sure of is he wont be playing with a ***** like you when he plays with us

if you want to continue winding people up stop hiding behind the forum and let people know who you are, i already have my suspicions on who you are and if its who i think you are then i think you are a tw*t (you can think that I mean twit if you want)

Falmouth Ath 2 Mousehole 1

Good game played in great spirit by both sides, Mousehole were quickest to the ball from the start and from a long ball the mousehole forward put them ahead after just 15mins. Ath battled well and Paul Jeffrey was brought down in the box just before half-time. Steve Shepherd scored although it was pretty close to Chaterfield in the Mousehole goal. Mousehole pushed forward and J Tonkin was a handful for Shepherd on set pieces. With 20 mins remaining Ath broke down the left flank and Macintosh drove the ball from 25yards into the far corner although Harvey is claiming a touch. A good win against a determined Mousehole side just hope they play the same against our rivals.,

FHFL Terry Jennings Cup

29/03/08

Terry Jennings Cup

Porthleven Rangers 5 Carharrack Res 1

To say Carharrack Reserves performance was woeful would be a compliment. Porthleven Rangers tactical ability and superior knowledge of the offside ruling cost Carharrack dearly in this Terry Jennings Cup encounter. Carharrack Res started well with the wind in their favour but a lack of communication in the defence led to Porthlevern taking the lead after 25 minutes. Carharrack didn't learn from their initial mistake thus allowing the Rangers offence to take full advantage, after a clearance rebounded to allow a successful one on one with the visitors goalkeeper. Porthleven went on to place the ball into the back of the net a further three times before the visitiors took a consolation goal just before full time in miserable conditions.

A big thank must go out to the Porthleven Rangers players who stayed behind to attend to one of our injured players.

Link to Alternative Report on the Match