Cornwall Football Forum

TRELAWNY LEAGUE - 29 April 2023

DUNN CUP FINAL

Stithians             0-4            Troon (at Illogan)

PREMIER DIVISION

Redruth United Reserves             2-2          West Cornwall  

DIVISION 1

St Day 3rd            2-7            Newlyn Non-Athletico

DIVISION 4

Penryn Athletic Reserves            5-0            Mullion 3rd       

13 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Can anyone confirm the cup final result please. Saying 4-0 to Stithians on Full Time, but I was told Troon were two up at one stage! 

I believe troon won it . I couldn't tell you the score,  just saw it on Facebook 

Definitely 4-0 to Troon. Deserved victory for the Grouter Park side, who looked dangerous in attack throughout, but great credit to Stithians for battling hard for the full 90 minutes. Decent final, with two absolutely cracking goals amongst the four scored. Well officiated too and nicely staged by Illogan RBL. All in all, a good day at the football.

13 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Can anyone confirm the cup final result please. Saying 4-0 to Stithians on Full Time, but I was told Troon were two up at one stage! 

Wish it was Dave haha.

Troon deserved it on the day. Brilliant volley from Dan Oliver from edge of the box to make it 1-0. 5 minutes later we gave away a penalty and Dan Claypitt converted from the spot managed to get my legs to it but just trickled over the line. Thought we looked good on the break had a couple chances didn't take them. Troon looked dangerous on the attack all game 

Second half

Troon managed to get a 3rd through Marcus Grasso good finish. Both teams had chances without taking them then in the 80th minute Claypitt added a fourth and his 2nd of the game,  Picked it up out wide unleashed a peach of a strike moved 3 ways in the air into top corner.

Well Reffed by Darren Dayus him and the officials were superb

Congratulations to Troon for winning the double well deserved.  Good luck next season

For us a huge achievement to get to the final unfortunately wasn't quite at the races today. It's been a long hard season for us struggling to get a team out at times but we got there in the end. Proud of all the boys.  We're see what next season brings.