Cornwall Football Forum

Will he or won't he - Dominic Pullen

With Mawnan having played their last league game for the 2022-23 season, I have been told by Dominic Pullen that his Combination League career is over as he is hanging up his boots. 

Scoring his first Combo goal in 1995 and playing for a number of sides Dom has scored over 700 league and cup goals. 

Some records are missing but his total that we have is 707 goals in 27 seasons. 

But is it the end, haven't we heard before he was hanging up his boots?

If it is, well done Dom for being the record goal scorer in the Combo

On 20/04/2023 at 11:33, cornishteddyboy said:

With Mawnan having played their last league game for the 2022-23 season, I have been told by Dominic Pullen that his Combination League career is over as he is hanging up his boots. 

Scoring his first Combo goal in 1995 and playing for a number of sides Dom has scored over 700 league and cup goals. 

Dom has been a quality centre forward for years. But he’s not retiring he’s said that for the last how many seasons now. He will be there next season and he will bang goals in again. 

Dommo told me that he was retiring at the end of last season to take up golf, but when he actually played a few holes he underestimated the amount of walking he would have to do, so he returned to hanging around the 6 yard box again! He’s not got a bad goal scoring record though 👍

Been some quality strikers in the Combo league over the years but over 700 goals at any level of football, in any league is a wonderful achievement. So if you do hang up the boots, well done Dom, a few defenders will be sleeping a lot easier at night hearing this news!! 🍻👏🏼

Would be a real shame for Dommo to retire, I remember watching him in 97. What a player he was even back then.

Like above, I have heard Dommo is hanging up his boots for 3/4 seasons now. He loves the game to much, he will be playing next season for sure.