Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup 2023-24 (next season)

With the possibility of both Mousehole and Saltash  being promoted to the Southern League Div.1 South will that mean they would they follow Truro (of the Southern League -Premier) and not compete in next seasons Cornwall senior Cup. ?

At least Truro should be represented with their reserves now promoted to the SWPL.

Step 5 is the highest level of involvement required I think. Step 4 or above would have a huge gulf to next season's Step 6 or even 7 teams. A couple of years ago Bodmin thrashed St Teath 15-0 I think. And looking at the schedules for Step 4 and above right now with 3 or more games a week, Vase and FA Cup games, as huge as the Senior Cup is to us locally, it would be a distraction and a lesser priority to that level of club. 

23 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Step 5 is the highest level of involvement required I think. Step 4 or above would have a huge gulf to next season's Step 6 or even 7 teams. A couple of years ago Bodmin thrashed St Teath 15-0 I think. And looking at the schedules for Step 4 and above right now with 3 or more games a week, Vase and FA Cup games, as huge as the Senior Cup is to us locally, it would be a distraction and a lesser priority to that level of club. 

Liskeard thumped Bodmin 9-0 a few weeks ago, but we're not debating whether Bodmin should be playing at step 6 level.

Good point though about fitting the games in, it is a sad fact that the Cornwall Senior Cup is about the only county cup competition that is given much importance these days. Also, the Southern League Cup hasn't been competed for since COVID, believe it was decided that it couldn't be fitted in to the season any longer. Doubt the clubs were that bothered. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...