Thursday,  20th April '23

Premier South
Gosport Borough 1 - 0 Hendon
Metropolitan Police 0 - 1 Bracknell Town
Plymouth Parkway 1 - 1 North Leigh
Tiverton Town 0 - 0 Hayes & Yeading United

Division One South
Bideford AFC 1 - 2 Bishops Cleeve

• Devils@Dusk changed the title to Fixtures and Results ~ Monday, 17th - Thursday, 20th April '23

Solid mid table for Parkway this season. Great effort that. Well done to all at the club. To think we could be 1 league below Torquay next season is crazy. Seems so long ago from a cold night playing against Camelford. 

Do miss those days with my good mate Way of The Park. Who still owes me several pasties and pints of cider. "Left my wallett home again" , tight git. 

Totally agree, excellent season. Supporters can’t expect their clubs to gain promotion season after season. Clubs need seasons like this to take stock, draw breath and shape a sustainable blue print for the club in preparation for a possible promotion in the next few years. Well done to all involved.

Parkway could still finish in the top half of the table which, considering where they were in December, is a big effort. For me, just as big an achievement as winning a trophy.

Lee Hobbs, his staff and the board will have learnt a lot this season, and now appreciate what is required to be competitive at this level.  Supporters should be wary though about expecting a push for play offs/promotion next season, a lot of established clubs with large budgets, experience and support will still be around (Weymouth, for example, look likely to be dropping into the Southern Prem). Soild mid table/top 10 finishes at step 3 are no disgrace for a club that has come from mid table in the Peninsula League in 6 seasons.

Comfortable 4-0 win for Truro last night against Salisbury, which gives them a 5 point cushion over 3rd placed Bracknell (who play their game in hand away tonight to the Met Police).

City should beat 2nd bottom North Leigh away on Saturday (who will be relegated of they fail to beat Parkway this evening), they will then be hoping that their landlords do them a favour and take something off Bracknell at Bolitho in the final league game on Saturday. This will them give them home advantage through the play offs.

4 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Comfortable 4-0 win for Truro last night against Salisbury, which gives them a 5 point cushion over 3rd placed Bracknell (who play their game in hand away tonight to the Met Police).

City should beat 2nd bottom North Leigh away on Saturday (who will be relegated of they fail to beat Parkway this evening), they will then be hoping that their landlords do them a favour and take something off Bracknell at Bolitho in the final league game on Saturday. This will them give them home advantage through the play offs.

Unless I am missing something 86-84 does not equal 5 points. (If I had to guess I think you have looked at Bracknell's advantage over Chesham)

As it stands Truro have a 2 point advantage having played a game more. If Bracknell win tonight Truro will need to better Bracknell's result against Parkway to secure home advantage through the playoffs. 

Once tonight's result is known the various permutations for each side will become clearer. 

30 minutes ago, TheOpinionoftheReferee said:

Unless I am missing something 86-84 does not equal 5 points. (If I had to guess I think you have looked at Bracknell's advantage over Chesham)

As it stands Truro have a 2 point advantage having played a game more. If Bracknell win tonight Truro will need to better Bracknell's result against Parkway to secure home advantage through the playoffs. 

Once tonight's result is known the various permutations for each side will become clearer. 

Lesson for me there, never do maths before having having at least one strong coffee. Was already giving Truro the points from this coming Saturday.😟

• Devils@Dusk changed the title to Results ~ Monday, 17th - Thursday, 20th April '23

Know that it's over the course of the season that you get relegated, but you have to feel sorry for North Leigh making that trip down to Plymouth on a Thursday evening, taking the lead before half time, but having their fate sealed by a 94th minute equaliser.

Looking at Div 1 South, both Willand and Bideford are dicing with danger just above the relegation play off zone. Ian Down at Bideford ,in particular, performs miracles every year keeping this club at step 4 level. Each season you think their luck will run out, but he manages to drag them clear of trouble. Hope he does the same this time around.