Cornwall Football Forum

Percy Stephens 2023

35 minutes ago, Asterix said:

New inn titans 11/12 - 0 Storm FC

Full credit for storm playing with 8/9 players and fulfilling the fixture. Credit to your club. 

Storm are a team that are clearly struggling this season but are not doing the easy thing and throwing in the towel for me they would be the team of the season for getting through their battles well done storm

HOLMANS 4-0 PERRANWELL 

ATT 22

Good performance from Holmans against an under par Perranwell. 2 goals in each half for the hosts to run out convincing winners. The visitors will be disappointed in the manner of the goals, a ball into the box through a crowd of players for a tap in, an own goal at the near post trying to cut out a cross before The Well briefly rallied hitting the bar just before half time from a dangerous Dave Angell corner. A rare keeper error dropping the ball for a tap in and a bad pass straight to an attacker to blast in. At the other end the hosts were rock solid with the giant centre backs Sam and Scott in great form hardly allowing the visitors half a chance to test the keeper restricting them to a few long range shots in the whole 90 minutes. Well played Holmans 👍👏  Thought my old mate Dan Bennetts did a very good job as referee as well, there being assessed by Mr Dave Bartlam. Perfect example of an ex player taking up the whistle, was great to see, well done Dan. 👏 hopefully a promotion on the way!? highlight for me was Sam clearing the ball into a tree above the mother in law and her falling off her chair before doing a bit of break dancing on the Blaythorne turf!! Nice of Sam to check she was OK, me and the Mrs were too decked to help her up!!! 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

HOLMANS 4-0 PERRANWELL 

ATT 22

Good performance from Holmans against an under par Perranwell. 2 goals in each half for the hosts to run out convincing winners. The visitors will be disappointed in the manner of the goals, a ball into the box through a crowd of players for a tap in, an own goal at the near post trying to cut out a cross before The Well briefly rallied hitting the bar just before half time from a dangerous Dave Angell corner. A rare keeper error dropping the ball for a tap in and a bad pass straight to an attacker to blast in. At the other end the hosts were rock solid with the giant centre backs Sam and Scott in great form hardly allowing the visitors half a chance to test the keeper restricting them to a few long range shots in the whole 90 minutes. Well played Holmans 👍👏  Thought my old mate Dan Bennetts did a very good job as referee as well, there being assessed by Mr Dave Bartlam. Perfect example of an ex player taking up the whistle, was great to see, well done Dan. 👏 hopefully a promotion on the way!? highlight for me was Sam clearing the ball into a tree above the mother in law and her falling off her chair before doing a bit of break dancing on the Blaythorne turf!! Nice of Sam to check she was OK, me and the Mrs were too decked to help her up!!! 😂😂😂

Thanks Rappo for the kind words really appreciate it mate. Took it up when I finished playing to give something back to the game I’ve loved and played for so long 👍😁

1 minute ago, Dan Bennetts said:

Thanks Rappo for the kind words really appreciate it mate. Took it up when I finished playing to give something back to the game I’ve loved and played for so long 👍😁

Well done young man if rappo is saying you had a good game then I'm sure you did and your assessor was happy well done for giving something back. 

10 hours ago, mbkted said:

Storm where let down by three lads who decided that mobile networks in Cornwall don’t work

yeah we got beat and if hadn’t been for storms manager/keeper it would have been worse

well done new inn you lads did what you needed to do

Good game in good spirits! All laughing and smiling