Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 29 October 2022

FA TROPHY

Beaconsfield Town         2-0       Truro City (att 138)

Plymouth Parkway        3-1           Bristol Manor Farm (500)

SOUTHERN LEAGUE

PREMIER SOUTH

Dorchester Town            1-0          Salisbury (657)

Hendon                             2-0            Gosport Borough (234)

Merthyr Town                 1-2            Metropolitan Police (568)

Tiverton Town                2-1            Poole Town (327)

On call for work so unfortunately missed parkway today but from reports a great3-1  win to carry on the run of form  . 500 there a well. ( maybe argyle should play Monday night more often ). 
truro lose but looked like a very weakened team with both Rocky and Harvey on the bench. Guess Paul has other priorities 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 29 October 2022
3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

On call for work so unfortunately missed parkway today but from reports a great3-1  win to carry on the run of form  . 500 there a well. ( maybe argyle should play Monday night more often ). 
truro lose but looked like a very weakened team with both Rocky and Harvey on the bench. Guess Paul has other priorities 

Don’t get why Paul played a weakened side in yet another cup competition I’d get it if team were struggling but when your flying keep that run going and win games and the money that goes with it! 

10 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Or do we risk our players becoming injured, and losing our chance of doing well in the league. Give me promotion over silverware any day of the week.

But is the club in a position to go up? The added money from cup competitions is massive and the teams they have been knocked out by are beatable it’s October not April 

23 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

He must have his reasons for rotating yesterday. We don't know what knocks and niggles players are carrying, and he also has to keep everybody in the large squad that he has now active and involved. The Southern League Prem is a long, hard 42 game season, and he needs everybody ready to play if needed.  

Probably safe to say as well that the FA Trophy is held in nothing like the same regard as the FA Vase by most clubs.

11 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

But is the club in a position to go up? The added money from cup competitions is massive and the teams they have been knocked out by are beatable it’s October not April 

I am fully aware of what month it is, so I've just adjusted my original comment. 

If City are going to be ground sharing again next season, they'll have to upgrade wherever they'll be playing (even if they end up sharing with the second team at Carnon Downs). 

Plus, even if we won the competition, we've got no trophy cabinet to put the silverware in. 😂

On 30/10/2022 at 21:59, Devils@Dusk said:

I am fully aware of what month it is, so I've just adjusted my original comment. 

If City are going to be ground sharing again next season, they'll have to upgrade wherever they'll be playing (even if they end up sharing with the second team at Carnon Downs). 

Plus, even if we won the competition, we've got no trophy cabinet to put the silverware in. 😂

Parkway v Teignmouth in the St Lukes Bowl tonight is off, sounds like a water logged pitch. Must be in a state as ,after this match, no games are scheduled to be played on it before the visit of Hayes on Sat 12th November.

Wonder if this susceptibility of Bolitho Park to the weather contributed to Paul Wotton deciding that it was best to forget about the cup competitions (and the extra potential home matches causing a fixture pile up). With a minimum of 42 league matches on it this season, both clubs must be crossing fingers and hoping that it's not a wet winter.

13 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Parkway v Teignmouth in the St Lukes Bowl tonight is off, sounds like a water logged pitch. Must be in a state as ,after this match, no games are scheduled to be played on it before the visit of Hayes on Sat 12th November.

Wonder if this susceptibility of Bolitho Park to the weather contributed to Paul Wotton deciding that it was best to forget about the cup competitions (and the extra potential home matches causing a fixture pile up). With a minimum of 42 league matches on it this season, both clubs must be crossing fingers and hoping that it's not a wet winter.

They will won’t that pitch in tip top condition coming into December especially with a massive parkway v Truro game on the horizon with a bumper crowd expected  and all the money that comes with it . 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

They will won’t that pitch in tip top condition coming into December especially with a massive parkway v Truro game on the horizon with a bumper crowd expected  and all the money that comes with it . 

With Argyle away to Cheltenham that day, must be hoping of getting around a 1000 through the gate. 

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

I gave it some thought on Saturday night, and I came to that conclusion too.

On 01/11/2022 at 16:12, Way Of The Park said:

Fair point