Cornwall Football Forum

My best all time Newquay team

1 CORLETT 2 BALL 3 PARR 4 ANDREW STREET 5 TUMMON 6 S LENTON 7 C SLATEFORD 8SEMLEY 9 RYDER 10 LAZZARI 11 BAMPINI SUBS 12 RAPPO 14 DAVE STREET 15 ADRIAN STREET 

I Can always remember Paul Bampini hes my best Newquay player of all time and i have picked goalie PAUL CORLETT over KEVIN MILLER mainly because he was there a lot longer and was a hell of a goalie i have picked Phil Ryder over RAPPO sorry Mark i just remember PHILS goals more than yours .i have picked the 2 raf lads TED SEMLEY AND JOHN LAZZARI they were just brilliant i have never known a player hit the ball as hard as JOHN LAZARRI could i would have 2 wingers CHRIS SLATEFORD ON 1 WING and TED SEMLEY on the other . There's a lot more players i could pick but this is the team i would pick from the players i have seen since i have been watching them play since 1960 when my old man dragged me up Mt Wise i was only 4 but my true love of football when my old man took me up to watch a reserve match at Plymouth when they played Spurs with a certain JIMMY GREAVES and i have been watching football ever since but don't go to Argyle any more but do miss it.

I am just addicted to local football and the great people i get to meet 

Ok i have bored you all enough now 

Happy to be on the bench for Phil thanks Steve, he did it for Newquay for about a decade, I was a lucky young lad really to play with those old legends, then the 2nd spell in my mid 20s after I just came back from Halifax when Ray was manager, I scored 26 goals in the first 11 games of that 93/94 season and broke my foot twice, and hardly played for a year after that so pleased you even thought of me mate!! 👍 Some team to be fair though! As a 16/17 year old kid I remember looking up to players like Ray and Graham Nicholls, Keith Manley was a great captain, obviously Streater as Deacs said, what a player and bloke, and Brian Bason was brilliant the short time he was there, ex Chelsea! All a big help to a naive youngster amongst many other great players! Chris Morris not even in the squad and he played at a World Cup so I’m well chuffed! Thanks Steve, catch you tomorrow night hopefully mate 👍👏🏼❤️🤍

13 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

1 CORLETT 2 BALL 3 PARR 4 ANDREW STREET 5 TUMMON 6 S LENTON 7 C SLATEFORD 8SEMLEY 9 RYDER 10 LAZZARI 11 BAMPINI SUBS 12 RAPPO 14 DAVE STREET 15 ADRIAN STREET 

I Can always remember Paul Bampini hes my best Newquay player of all time and i have picked goalie PAUL CORLETT over KEVIN MILLER mainly because he was there a lot longer and was a hell of a goalie i have picked Phil Ryder over RAPPO sorry Mark i just remember PHILS goals more than yours .i have picked the 2 raf lads TED SEMLEY AND JOHN LAZZARI they were just brilliant i have never known a player hit the ball as hard as JOHN LAZARRI could i would have 2 wingers CHRIS SLATEFORD ON 1 WING and TED SEMLEY on the other . There's a lot more players i could pick but this is the team i would pick from the players i have seen since i have been watching them play since 1960 when my old man dragged me up Mt Wise i was only 4 but my true love of football when my old man took me up to watch a reserve match at Plymouth when they played Spurs with a certain JIMMY GREAVES and i have been watching football ever since but don't go to Argyle any more but do miss it.

I am just addicted to local football and the great people i get to meet 

Ok i have bored you all enough now 

Not bored us at all 100%, a great read. Remember John Lazzari from his time at Liskeard, and yes, when he hit a shot, it stayed hit. 

Hopefully it has started others on here racking their brains for "All Time X1''s"

See you tonight Mark if Wadebridge score you will still me cheering for them vice versa if Newquay score i have  a real soft spot for Wadebridge and the lovely people i will be by the away dug out thats my spot up Newquay but wont be taking any photos tonight because camera is broken after a tried to get some photos of 2 Cornish Choughs at Padstow when i decided to clamber over rocks to get closer and i went ass over tip camera went flying in the air and lens busted so its down Truro being fixed but hope to collect it on Friday when im at the hospital to have radio therapy to get rid of the 3 kidney stones that have come back again and they hurt like hell but wont stop me going footy .

Sorry to hear about your stones and the camara Steve! See you and Smokie later hopefully mate. Be a close game I think? Newquay picked up a lot lately since their start to the season. Rach always takes bout 200 photos every game if you want any of them Steve? 👍