Cornwall Football Forum

Combination Results

Guest Dermot

Holmans 1 v Newquay 0

A far post header from a Holmans breakaway down the left won the game on about 65 mins.

Very few clear cut chances for either side. I would say we shocked Holmans with our first half display as we played them off the park but did not get the goal our play deserved. However, in the second half, Holmans rolled their sleeves up and 'Paps the pest' was a constant outlet chasing on to the long ball. Holmans know how to play on their pitch and can turn defence into attack at frightening pace. We had ran ourselves into the ground and could not produce the fight back we needed. Holmans are used to winning and did not panic. The pitch cut up badly second half which ended the flowing football.

I can confirm Newquay did call up 2 first team players (Middleton and McKune) after their game was off (and we had a couple drop out on Friday eve). They both stood out as the class acts they are.

Newquay left smarting and felt they deserved more but then again I think the result was the right one as Holmans did not get the points when our game was abandoned in September when a players wedding meant we started a match with 6 fit players and three walking wounded.

Its hard to take but we have conceded only 2 or 3 league goals this year and look like we can now challenge the top teams. Vic Osbourne and Lol McKune are building a stronger squad than the one they inherited from me and the team spirit is the best it has ever been.

I hope to see us up there in the top 6 next season. Lets wait and see.

...And Paps...considering it was me playing at the back today, why on earth did you feel you needed to walk the offside tightrope all game ! We had to chuckle about that. You could have given me a 10 yard start every time and still beat me !

I enjoyed the game today despite the defeat. The challenge of a really close match is what its all about for me. Winning or losing 4v0 is not the same test.

RNAS Culdrose 1-2 Hayle res Bevis 1 Robinson 1

Have to admit we stole the 3 points from Culdrose today they missed four gilt edge chances in the first half before we scored through Si Bevis with a header that somehow deceived the keeper and went in the net but they all count and we went in at halftime 1 up.

The second half was hard fought and Culdrose took advantage after we lost the ball in the middle to score the equaliser the game was fairly even in the second half and we scored through Rob Robinson to go 2-1 up then we sat back and Culdrose attacked us and if it was not for some great saves by our keeper they would have got the point which was the least they deserved for there efforts.

But i will take any luck that goes our way because it usually goes against us, and my team worked very hard to get the 3 points.

Well done lads good luck to Culdrose for rest season :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink: :drink:

Guest Ronin

what happened ronin?????????

In technical football terminology r_and_l?? We were shite. If you want excuses we were 4 first team regulars short, Sam Mansfield came off early with an ankle injury, Martin Bennetts was carrying a knee injury & probably shouldn't have played but lasted til the second half before having to come off and Terry Ansell was the subject of a disgusting attack about 10 mins in which the ref didn't come down hard enough on. St Just didn't get off lightly though with one of their guys being brought off after a clash of heads with Bennetts which left him with a bump the size of an egg over his right eye - hope he's OK & made it through his dinner plans tonight! Rod Beer was his usual entertaining self & even managed to teach my youngest son a new swear word. :blink:

what happened ronin?????????

In technical football terminology r_and_l?? We were shite. If you want excuses we were 4 first team regulars short, Sam Mansfield came off early with an ankle injury, Martin Bennetts was carrying a knee injury & probably shouldn't have played but lasted til the second half before having to come off and Terry Ansell was the subject of a disgusting attack about 10 mins in which the ref didn't come down hard enough on. St Just didn't get off lightly though with one of their guys being brought off after a clash of heads with Bennetts which left him with a bump the size of an egg over his right eye - hope he's OK & made it through his dinner plans tonight! Rod Beer was his usual entertaining self & even managed to teach my youngest son a new swear word. :blink:

another entertaining affair then!!!!!I wasn't having a dig just wanted a bit of a report on what happened.thanks for giving it.

St Day 1-1 Porthleven res.

The game started with a flourish and continued like that for the full 90 mins. Porthleven could have opened the scoring in the first minute but for some smart defending by the veteran Gareth Jones. The game was extremely open with chances coming at both ends, The two sides cancelled each other out with solid defending and good goalkeeping, Which resulted in a stalemate at half time. HT 0-0

In the second half it was much the same with both sides going for the win, Porthleven got their reward on the hour when a long cross found Tom WADSWORTH at the far post who dispatched a looping header into the far corner of the net giving me no chance. St Day to their credit did not let the setback get to them and pressed for an equaliser, Which they got on 70 mins when some good pressure from Lee Gribble forced the normaly solid defender Stuart Yates into a mistake which Gribble capitalised on by sliding a pass into the path of the prolific Adrian HART who gave the portleven goalkeeper Twiggy no chance from close range. The game hinged on a decision by the ref to award St Day a penalty on 75mins (I've seen them given) for an alleged shove in the back by a porthleven player (sorry couldn't see who it was from where i was standing, 80yds away), The indecision as to who was going to take the resulting spot kick didn't help the eventual taker Lee Gribble. Lets just say that the Port Keeper Twiggy had time to finish his ciggarette put his brew down and gather the ball before it got to him. Porthleven will feel that justice was done as it was a bit of a harsh decision against them. (sorry Twigg i could have said it was a good save but you could have gone the wrong way and still got up to save it). Porthleven then piled on the pressure feeling they could go on and win it, They hit both posts in the dying minutes of the game but St Day stood firm to claim their first point in SIX yes 6 games. all in all an even game although both managers might feel their side deserved the win.

Ref watch: His name was Paul and he was very good for both sides, talking to players all the time, letting you know why he gave his decisions. 8/10

good luck to Port for the rest of the season

Well done St Day

Anything you want to add Kev.

:D :D

did lewis bridger play for perranporth today i hear he as signed permantly for them seems strange he left perranwell seconds considering there doing well in the league and still in three cup competitions. but i understand he might want to play higher league football just seems strange to not fresh next season. although i have to say i dont think they missed him yesterday considering they won 6 nil

Amazing how from 80yrds away you couldnt see who gave the penalty away Paul, yet you still managed to appeal against every offside decision our linesman gave, from 80yards away ! :P Just add a couple of things, all in all we hit the post 3 times, once in the 1st half & twice in the last 10mins. Gary Chambers, not Stu Yates got caught in possesion for your goal, but you were 80yrds away, Chris Strike was ajudged to have given the penalty away, but you were 80yrds away, but the best one, Graham Cook scored our goal & you were only 8yrds away from that one ! :D Good game of end to end football on a very difficult pitch but i think we did enough to have won. Paul Murphy was the referee & he was very good. See you at Port in a couple of weeks m8. :drink:

Tinners and Perranporth....always good fun and well worth 1 pound 50 .... :D

The dressing room windows were boarded up after an attempted breakout after we heard Anita was on her way in to check player equipment, but we were seduced back in by a nice goat...... :c:

Didn't look like 6-2 at half time. Stefan scored early on for Tinners from Jim Oats colliding with one of his defenders, then Alex Arquati was given twenty yards to turn by Tinners number 5 ...Andrew Curnow nearly kept the piledriver out, but it went in off the post. Unfortunate accident then left Jim wrthing....may not have wanted his oats last night after Stu Nicholls headed the wrong ball, :blink: then Tom Dann came off with an egg on his head, but not his face, as Tinners raced back into the lead through the towering Matt Howes skyscrapering in a header at the far post from a cracking cross from regular MOM and labrador trainer Jonny Bird (for GAWD's sake let him take the bloody set pieces !!!) Perran boy obviously had more stone in his head than The Great Gate of Kiev and ran round in ever-decreasing circles for the rest of the afternoon.

eyes on stalks like two twisted anglepoise lamps. Nobody noticed down St Just, we all look like that anyway.

:c:

Tinners came out, the sun started shining. Stu hit the bar, then put one in. Mother went for a walk behind the goal brandishing her crutches; poor Jim Oats started clutching for the other ball. Mother can do that to a man. Mr Tippett turned down the most blatant fixed penalty since somebody did 139 down Roseworthy Dip. Then he gave the next one after big Matt Howes was dragged down. It was slotted by Messi, who had a much better game this week after his little pep talk from Tony Cascarino. Meanwhile Mr Tippett was having some fun giving out cards only to green shirts. Not that we wanted them given to blue shirts, just that a bit of consistency would be nice.He'd obviously been put in there by Big Alan Wallace, J.P., to get back the money Saddo Wilkinson :SM_carton: lost when your happy correspondent went to CCFA and successfully challenged his pathetic display in the first game up on the Sand Dunes overlooking that buried Irishman with the millstone round his neck. 5-1 was Stefan again, after Matt Howes had hit the post, then our No 5 was having a chat to his dad or something and Gyles Brandreth was permitted an instantaneous riposte for 5-2. Stewie bagged the sixth in a 1-on-1 with Jim. Mother had put the evil eye on Jim by then for bringing down Stewie and he was changing into a trapezoid peanut befoe our very eyes. Dunno what the new swear word was, ah well , Tinners win 7-6 on aggregate and qualify for the next meeting in The Cage against Robartes Arms Past and Present ! :thumbsup:

Anita on the line, greatly improved, nearly as good as me ! Mother and I and the goat all like a nice tattoo, very winsome ! Why isn't Alan Wallace giving her more top games to ref ? Is this sexist discrimination ?

Vae tibi, stulti, ignari, rustici...!

Good game, Perran, good luck and see you next season ! :yahoo: