Cornwall Football Forum

How Far Can Truro Reserves Go?

With Truro racing up the leagues and their Reserves team possibly following them, how far up the league levels can a reserve team follow their 1st team.

You don't see Premiership club teams in the Northen Leagues or Southern Leagues, so when does the FA say stop.

Your 1st team can be. say. in the Conference but your reserves can't say get further than the SWPL Premier.

Any ideas.

With Truro racing up the leagues and their Reserves team possibly following them, how far up the league levels can a reserve team follow their 1st team.

You don't see Premiership club teams in the Northen Leagues or Southern Leagues, so when does the FA say stop.

Your 1st team can be. say. in the Conference but your reserves can't say get further than the SWPL Premier.

Any ideas.

Top question ctb look forward to hearing more informed members replies (phil h) should be a good topic!!!

If Truro City climb through the Southern League Div1 then S/L Premier I think you will find their reserves will have to halt at the SWPL(P) as the Western League doesn't entertain reserve sides.

In the National Pyrimid I think you will find only a bare handful of reserve sides as it is not common practice or welcomed.

Second sides of Pro' and Semi Pro' clubs usually play in leagues confined to youth team and reserve league football.

I for one are not in favour of reserve sides playing in the SWPL but in the case of Truro there is no other competition for their level locally.

Where do the second teams of Tiverton Town/ Exeter City/Torquay United play?

How much fuel will be in the bus??. "Boom Boom" :rolleyes:

after are 4-0 defeat again,what do you call a good looking inteligent,wise spurs fan,---A RUMOR

What do you call a hammers fan at Wembley,.......

LOST!!! ;)

We're rolling 'em out now!!! :P

How much fuel will be in the bus??. "Boom Boom" :rolleyes:

after are 4-0 defeat again,what do you call a good looking inteligent,wise spurs fan,---A RUMOR

What do you call a hammers fan at Wembley,.......

LOST!!! ;)

We're rolling 'em out now!!! :P

i was there when sir trevor headed the winner against the arsenal,iwas lost as iwas that drunk after :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20::drink: :c:

• 3 weeks later...

If Truro City climb through the Southern League Div1 then S/L Premier I think you will find their reserves will have to halt at the SWPL(P) as the Western League doesn't entertain reserve sides.

In the National Pyrimid I think you will find only a bare handful of reserve sides as it is not common practice or welcomed.

Second sides of Pro' and Semi Pro' clubs usually play in leagues confined to youth team and reserve league football.

I for one are not in favour of reserve sides playing in the SWPL but in the case of Truro there is no other competition for their level locally.

Where do the second teams of Tiverton Town/ Exeter City/Torquay United play?

In the National Pyramid there are only 5 Reserve sides

Level 5 Histon Reserves -Eastern Counties (P) Bottom

Level 5 Kings Lynn Reserves- Eastern Counties (P) 10th.

Level 6 Banbury United Reserves -Hellenic Div 1W Next to bottom

Level 6 Cheshunt Reserves -South Midland Div1 10th.

Level 6 Bedford Town Reserves -South Midland Div1 15th.

In the Southern League Premier- Cheshunt 1st.team are bottom and Bedford Town 1st.team are 3rd from bottom and with four to be relegated that would force their Reserves down to level 7.

So as you can see Reserve team football in the Pyramid is not popular and in time the FA will outlaw reserve clubs.

Truro City Reserves could find themselves in a very unique band of clubs next season.

So much for the FA ruling that a First team must play 3 Levels apart from their Reserves-I see Bridport play at Level 6 in the Western League Div 1 and their reserves are in the Dorset League at level 7 ????

Just a bit of interest.

The ECPL was set up as a league for reserve teams of SWL clubs in I think 1960-61 season

The founder member clubs were:

Bodmin

Bugle

Camelford

Liskeard

St Blazey

Saltash

Torpoint

Wadebridge

It also says Member clubs must be affiliated to a County Football Association.

The area covered by the competition membership shall be Cornwall & Devon. Hence why the league has Devon clubs in it.