Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL For Friday/Saturday 11/12th February

2 hours ago, LaLaL said:

Imagine they were afforded the luxury of postponing games like St Stephen and Marjon were. 

Looe may have struggled at the beginning but we’ve persevered. The plan was to bring our U16/U18 through the duchy this season. Unfortunately with the previous team manager stepping down and most of the mens team not returning. We had no choice but to split the lads up and try and field two teams.
we had to sign lots on to try and fulfil games (not all have played or bothered turning up) but we’ve don’t it and we’ve played 20 games so far despite the results. I’ve yet to play the same team  twice yet either. We could just quite and fold but we’re no quitters and as our last few games show, we’re getting better. 
we’ll play out the next 4 games (our last being on the 20th April) and prepare and ready ourselves to compete next season.
Our next game is home to Altarnun and we will play to win despite them being a quality team 😉👍 

19 minutes ago, St George said:

Was just confused why you’re only playing/naming 10 players as starting virtually every week on fulltime? Assume that hasn’t been the case….

We have a play (Jordan Puckey) that was registered twice. It’s been sorted by the CCFA but he doesn’t show on the system properly still. 

2 hours ago, Boxy said:

We have a play (Jordan Puckey) that was registered twice. It’s been sorted by the CCFA but he doesn’t show on the system properly still. 

I thought at the start of the season Torpoint had problems getting Ryan Richards onto the FA system.

1 hour ago, iand said:

I thought at the start of the season Torpoint had problems getting Ryan Richards onto the FA system.

Yeah we did. Looe have had the same problem, only this player hasn't appeared on their system properly to submit on their lineups. Not the only club this has happened to and is a flaw on the WGS rather than the fault of any club registration secretaries. 

8 hours ago, LaLaL said:

Imagine they were afforded the luxury of postponing games like St Stephen and Marjon were. 

Might of helped if Looe told the league they had covid rather than just saying they can’t raise a side then realising after that they could of had it postponed for covid. Shambles 

13 hours ago, Duncswe63 said:

Might of helped if Looe told the league they had covid rather than just saying they can’t raise a side then realising after that they could of had it postponed for covid. Shambles 

An inaccurate post. Looe had 3 games go against them due to the fixtures all falling within the required 10 days isolation at the time in August. My side was the first fixture and I knew it was covid. But I’m sure if you were involved Duncan you would know that rather than posting negative comments about Looe.