Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Wendron

Went up watched Newquay vs Wendron ,didnt have time to sit down and Jack Bray Evans had put Newquay 1-0 to continue his goalscoring form and you thought this is going to be  a easy win for Newquay how wrong i was Wendron equalised from a corner but Joe Cooper equalised from a corner to put Newquay 2-1 but Wendron equalised 2-2 ht . The 2nd half Wendron came out and played some lovely football the way football should be played Cam Wheat and Jacob Grange where causing havoc and the Newquay defence especially the 2 centre halfs Whipp and Cooper just couldnt cope and Whipp was at fault with goal no 3 when he missed his tackle on Wendrons Rory Jarvis who rolled the ball to Cam Wheat who beat Harry Ashton in the Newquay goal ,it wasnt long before Wheat scored again and celebrated in spectacular style with a brilliant somersault i would give him 10 for that ,i think Cam Wheat had a hatrick and could of scored another when 1on 1 with Ashton but put his shot wide . I thought Wendron where brilliant and Ethan Fern in the Wendron goal made some great saves wirh his legs and Jacob Grange was terrorising the Newquay defence the 2 centre halfs where like a couple of cart horses i cannot understand why Luke Hunter was allowed to leave NEWQUAY him and Tom Whipp where brilliant in pre season but Newquay sign Joe Cooper good player him and Whipp but both so slow and Cam Wheat and Jacob Grange Punished them tis afternoon even the brilliant Jack Bray Evans had a quiet day by his high standards .Onto Wednesday game vs St Dennis and hopefully a better performance and 3 points .Thought the ref and his officials where excellent and kept the game moving . My MOM for Wendron Cam Wheat he was brilliant like he use to be for Helston and MOM for Newquay Harry Ashton because hes a nice bloke and he saved Newquay from a heavier defeat . Ok this is my opinion of the match no doubt i will be told i was watching a different match the result doesnt lie Wendron just played some lovely football and where 1 of the best side i have see at Mt Wise for a long time . Well done Wendron minor blip for the Peppermints must do better i got them to finish 3rd in the league this year 

I watched this game also whilst on holiday with my grandkids and I must admit the Newquay defence looked shabby at times, but whipp and Cooper are by far the best choice for them, I watched Hunter play for them in a pre season game and he didn’t look comfortable on the ball and made as many (if not more!) mistakes in these games as the before mentioned pairing, I’ve heard he’s gone to play at a lower level which will suit him much better, just a bit too much too soon for the young chap in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, Sijames said:

I watched this game also whilst on holiday with my grandkids and I must admit the Newquay defence looked shabby at times, but whipp and Cooper are by far the best choice for them, I watched Hunter play for them in a pre season game and he didn’t look comfortable on the ball and made as many (if not more!) mistakes in these games as the before mentioned pairing, I’ve heard he’s gone to play at a lower level which will suit him much better, just a bit too much too soon for the young chap in my opinion.

Cam wheat and Alex Wharton at Falmouth ,both enjoying their football again and excelling after moving to bigger clubs .👍👏

Luke Hunter hasnt gone to a lower level hes gone to the Godolphin who are in the same league , i thought Hunter had a brilliant understanding with Tom Whipp in Pre Season but Joe Cooper and Tom Whipp are both class players but anyone running at them with speed and they aint going to catch them like was proven yesterday .Alex Wharton and Cam Wheat where never really given a chance at Helston with Massey now they are enjoying there football and scoring goals i wouldnt say Wendron is a bigger club than Helston but they do play lovely football