Cornwall Football Forum

Disgusting Behaviour at St Keverne

st kevernes so called supporters should be ashamed of themselves. never before have i witnessed such a disgraceful tirade of racist abuse against players. the constant stream of offensive language was just not on. i feel sorry for the team having those bunch of idiotic fans following them around. i hope they have a word with them and ban them from all games. they certainly wont be welcome at falmouth athletic and if they do turn up with the mindset to shout their racist remarks the police wll be called. ruined a good match :angry::angry: :SM_carton:

Yes, behaviour like that is not welcome in Cornish football. Ive played alongside and against a several black players and cant say ive ever heard any racist abuse towards them but even so the club in question should clamp down and boot out these moronic twats.

As already said, lets wait and see how this incident is dealt with by the club in question and if not enough is done by them surely the CCFA and authorities should get involved. :c:

As secretary of Falmouth Ath it would be wrong to put what was said at St Keverne on this site, However the referee did not here the first comment when he was cautioning one of our players, After the game the St Keverne players were taking down the nets when, the Falmouth Ath players were met at their changing room door by the spectators who made more racist remarks to our players. the referee a young (Copenhagen pupil) had an excellent game, and kept clear of the incident. I must stress that these remarks were made by three individuals and NOT St Keverne players or officials, 2 were quite eldely people who should have known better. The referee told me whilst he was signing our teamsheet that comments were also made to him as to why he did,nt send off one of our coloured players. (The players involved have requested that I send a report to the CCFA)

When Perranporth beat St Keverne about 5 years ago when playing in the Fal & Hels league, we had to suffer stones being thrown at the changing room windows after the game. It can be a very hostile atmosphere down there and to be honest most of the abuse came from the women !!

It would be unfair to comment on the event at St Keverne as I was not there, however there is no place for that sort of behaviour at any football game.

The CCFA will hopefully deal with it if a complaint has been made.

To be honest I have never found it intimidating down at St Keverne, because I just feel sad for some of the their supporters who feel the need to constantly shout crap at oppostion players.

I know I might get some abuse for saying this, as people in glass houses should not throw stones but I'm feel it needs to be said.

The small minority of St Keverne supporters from last season when I played there, mainly the farmer boys, mothers/sisters fathers/brothers, need to get out of Cornwall a bit more and get a taste of the real world. Its just not some of the St Keverne supporters, I have heard similar comments from other supporters down that neck of the woods who give their respective clubs a bad name.

Its funny how quiet they all are when they have to venture up to your home grounds?

Rich :c:

our 1st game of the season for st day was away at st keverne, great bunch of guys(players and officials) but the spectators were certainly an eye opener even for someone of my years

needless to say i didnt bring my son along to the reverse fixture back at st day after the language that wa used towards our players down at st keverne. you have to remember that a lot of people bring wives and children to matches and they do here the odd swear word or two as thats part of the game but some things that are said would make old ROY CHUBBY BROWN blush. try getting out more and see the real world a bit, it really isnt that bad and if you need some help getting T'interent down that way why not give BT a ring

THE CAT

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

surely the CCFA can warn the club not to let this supporters or warn them themselves.

And off the subject a warning to Falmouth athletic and Lanner You got me this week And im still waiting for a call from falmouth (the funny thing is i did the same fixture at lanner at the begining of the season) lol hope u go easy boys 19 yellow cards and 4 red cards this season in 20 games. you've been warned

i cannot comment on what happened there this week as i wasn't there but having played down at St Keverne myself quite a few times and being a loudmouth mancunian i have taken dogs abuse down there in the sticks, but as i give it out a lot i have to take it as well and generally it is all in good fun and a lot of teams would do anything to have that amount of support each week.

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

i only give the cards cause they are needed. i don't care about my records just some times the players get out of hand lol oh i love my job

i only give the cards cause they are needed. i don't care about my records just some times the players get out of hand lol oh i love my job

I think were just suprised your quoting the tally of cautions and sending offs on the forum Rabinowitz, I dont keep count and would never post them on here anyway! Just be careful mate

Guest Rabinowitz_The_Red

i don't care i know it seems alot but i could name every player if that helps (joke). ill be more carefull but it don't bother me how many i give out. I don't really keep count i just keep a record of my matches and i just thought i would count them up.

LET'S MAKE THIS VERY SIMPLE.

IF I EVER HEAR ABUSE OF THE NATURE OF RACE, AND MANY OTHERS ON A NON-EXHAUSTIVE LIST, THEN IT IS DEALT WITH IMMEDIATELY.

ONCE, AT A GROUND THAT REMAINS NAMELESS, I HALTED PLAY UNTIL A CERTAIN INDIVIDUAL SUPPORTING THE HOME TEAM WAS REMOVED BY HOME CLUB OFFICIALS. I DELAYED THE RESTART FOR NEARLY FIVE MINUTES WHILST THIS TOOK PLACE.

BELIEVE ME, IT WAS WORTH IT. THE CLUB SECRETARY APOLOGISED TO MYSELF AND THE TEAM MANAGER OF THE OPPONENTS, WHOSE PLAYER HAD RECEIVED RACIAL ABUSE.

MY REPORT REFLECTED THE CLUB SECRETARY'S ACTIONS AND THEY RECEIVED NO SANCTION ALTHOUGH THEY WERE ASKED TO FORMALLY WRITE AN APOLOGY TO THE PLAYER, WHICH THEY WERE PROUD TO COMPLY WITH.

THIS IS 2008.

LET'S KICK IT OUT !!

LET'S MAKE THIS VERY SIMPLE.

IF I EVER HEAR ABUSE OF THE NATURE OF RACE, AND MANY OTHERS ON A NON-EXHAUSTIVE LIST, THEN IT IS DEALT WITH IMMEDIATELY.

ONCE, AT A GROUND THAT REMAINS NAMELESS, I HALTED PLAY UNTIL A CERTAIN INDIVIDUAL SUPPORTING THE HOME TEAM WAS REMOVED BY HOME CLUB OFFICIALS. I DELAYED THE RESTART FOR NEARLY FIVE MINUTES WHILST THIS TOOK PLACE.

BELIEVE ME, IT WAS WORTH IT. THE CLUB SECRETARY APOLOGISED TO MYSELF AND THE TEAM MANAGER OF THE OPPONENTS, WHOSE PLAYER HAD RECEIVED RACIAL ABUSE.

MY REPORT REFLECTED THE CLUB SECRETARY'S ACTIONS AND THEY RECEIVED NO SANCTION ALTHOUGH THEY WERE ASKED TO FORMALLY WRITE AN APOLOGY TO THE PLAYER, WHICH THEY WERE PROUD TO COMPLY WITH.

THIS IS 2008.

LET'S KICK IT OUT !!

thanks ref for answering my question I thought you guys had the power to evict supporters from the ground and everyone is right there is no place for racism and the individuals should be punished when you look at another thread on the site about the player showing his **** and the uproar over that surely this issue demands more attention and should be sorted asap.

the trouble is at the time the ref was very young , although dealt with it the best he cud and i fort he overall had a gud game, so he must have been intimidated as the whole lot were having a go and i heard on more then one occasion of racist abuse from different individual , the fort the abuse i got when i walked off was bad but christ nothing compared to end of game

Mr L Wilkes the referee did not hear the racist remark, as he was cautioning a player at the other end of the pitch on the first instance. Both teams were shaking hands with each other and the ref, at the end of the game. the problems arose outside Falmouths changing room with the ref still on the pitch. St Keverne players were taking their nets down and were nothing to do with the problem.A report from Falmouth Ath has now been sent to both the CCFA and the Fal/Hel league council and I am sure they will deal with it in due course.

Iamthebest

Like bighairydave, I also know this referee personally from the 1st time he was an Assistant Referee when he ran the line for me down at Penryn, & also as Topcat has said, he was one of the youngsters who went to Copenhagen. In that time he has come on leaps & bounds, currently a level 6, & could well be promoted again this season. Believe me, he was NOT intimidated!!! His age is not an issue, & has nothing to do with what apparently happened.

If the referee says he did not hear the comments, then that is true. It is also what he told me when I spoke to him recently. According to Topcat, it would appear he would not have been able to hear them, & I can back up what bighairydave has said in that he would not have tolerated them.

A) I have said i fort the ref had execellent game considering circumstances and I was the first one to congratulate him at end of game

B) I never said he didnt hear racist abuse etc I knew he was on other side of pitch at time and on changing room incident I was chatting to him

C) COngratulations Mr toyer on getting report off I think we have all agreed shud not be tolerated

• 2 weeks later...