Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League - Saturday 11 January 2020

Recommended Posts


Boscastle                               2-1          AFC Bodmin

Holywell And Cubert           4-5          Stoke Climsland



Gorran                                   P-P          Dobwalls Reserves

Lanivet Inn                            4-0          St Minver Reserves

Pensilva                                 0-2          Lifton



Calstock                                 6-1          Lostwithiel FC Reserves

Lifton 2nd                               12-3        North Hill

Southgate Seniors               6-4          St Cleer Reserves

St Eval Spitfires                    2-2          Boscastle Reserves



Delabole United                   6-1          Queens Rangers

Grampound                           11-2        St Ann's Chapel

St Columb Major                  3-2          St Mawgan Reserves



St Stephen Reserves           1-5          Nanpean Rovers

Week St Mary                       6-3          Bude Town 3rds

Mevagissey                           H/W        FC Tavyside



(from Mike Newcombe)

Stoke Climsland put a poor run to an end with a 5-4 win at bottom club Holywell/Cubert Athletic to move back up to third on the Premier Division and overturned a 4-1 half time deficit 10 doing so. It’s been a lack of available players that has been the biggest concern to the club management so this result could well revive their season. Stoke opened the scoring after an even first 15 minutes against the strong wind. Holywell equalised eight minutes later when Alex Taylor made a good run down the right, threading Luke Williams who finished well. Twelve minutes later, Holywell were in the lead when Alex Taylor picked up on a parried shot from Kierren Faulkner and put his shot away and they increased their lead with Wayne Riley slotting home from a Luke Williams run and pass from the left. Adam Williams joined his brother on the scoresheet to make it 4-1 just before halftime. Through one on one, he lifted the ball over the keeper, with the wind behind it, the ball dribbled over the line despite the Stoke defenders’ best efforts. Truly a game of two halves as Holywell squandered a 4-1 lead at halftime to lose 5-4 after two 30-yard screamers with the wind. A very bad capitulation, and so frustrating for the Holywell faithful.

Boscastle were 2-1 winners over AFC Bodmin and move into the top five. James Bosley and Ollie Edwards for Boscastle with Matt Hooper replying for Bodmin.

Lanivet Inn remain with a 100 percent record in Division One after beating St Minver reserves 4-0 and when they catch up their games appear real title challengers. Connor Mewton hit a brace with Ollie Greenough and James McNary completing the scoring.

A hat trick from Liam Rich and Dylan Boundy and a brace apiece from Chris Alford and Alex Sandercock as Lifton reserves overwhelmed North Hill 12-3. Paul Perkins and Darren Volz completed the home tally with Phil Lucas, Ben Berry and Josh Legg hitting back with goals for North Hill.

Pensilva were beaten 2-0 at home by Lifton. Tom Hancock headed the visitors into the lead from a corner with Brandon Stott getting the second although it was a rather fluky goal. Pensilva created a few chances without really threatening to score and their keeper made some decent saves to deny Lifton a bigger win.

Josh Barron hit a hat trick as Southgate Seniors beat St Cleer Reserves to move up to second in Division Two. Wayne Francome, Anthony Coles and Mark Wilson added further goals for Southgate.

Calstock beat Lostwithiel reserves 6-1 with Ben Williams and Christian Mackintosh both hitting the target on two occasions. Ian Rooke and Jason Ridgment completed the home tally.

St Eval Spitfires and Boscastle reserves shared the spoils from a two all draw. Matt Hawke and Albert Mason were the home scorers.

Grampound had a comprehensive 11-2 win in Division Three against St Anns Chapel on a day when most of what they hit went in, but they were also denied further goals by some impressive keeping. St Anns came with a bare eleven and were not a match on the day with Dylan Fox scoring seven of the goals. Jamie Fryer added a brace with the home scoring completed by goals from Matt Skews, and George Bolt with his first goal for the club.

St Columb Major just beat St Mawgan reserves in a high-quality local derby watched by a large crowd and go top of the table. Conor Doocey hit a brace with John Middleditch adding the other home goal as better times have returned to St Columb after a few low seasons.

Delabole United stay in promotion contention after beating Queens Rangers 6-1. Dan Edwards scored a brace with Mac Irwin, Luke King and Dan Mountain completing the Delabole tally. Phil Walmsley scored the Rangers consolation with one of the many long shot goals on a windy day.

In the Shoe Boy League Cup, Week St Mary took a gamble by giving up home advantage to reverse their game to Bude Town Thirds pitch with their own ground again waterlogged. This match in Group H was a winner take all match with the runners up spot going to the winner. Week led 2-1 at half time and stretched to a 6-3 win at ninety minutes to secure an away draw in the knockout stages. Steve Short and Paul Banks scored a brace apiece foe Week with Jimmy Shanks and Jake Cartwright adding further goals. Ben Furber replied with a brace for Bude with Sean Manning getting their other goal.

Nanpean Rovers made it four wins from four games in Group A with a 5-1 win at St Stephen reserves who also qualify for the knockout stages. St Stephen held their own for most of the first half before Jordi Willmott struck the opener ten minutes before half time. Luke Truscott scored a second from thirty yards early in the second half after which the hosts somewhat lost their composure. Willmott went on to complete a hat trick with Truscott adding his second. St Stephen deserved something out of the game and Callum Oldham scored their consolation ten minutes from the end.

In the Cornwall Junior Cup St Newlyn East knocked out Trelawney Premier Division leaders and many pundits’ favourites for the cup Holmans Sports Club 3-2 after extra time. This was a feisty affair between two strong clubs. Brodie Mitchell headed Newlyn into a 10th minute lead but the visitors drew level early in the second half direct from a free kick. Callum Faulkner restored the hosts lead but ten minutes from time Newlyn conceded a soft equaliser. This on top of a controversially disallowed goal took them into extra time extremely frustrated. The game ebbed and flowed before Mitchell struck with his second of the game five minutes from the end to send Newlyn through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Calstock 6 lostwithiel Res 1 

Really difficult afternoon for lostwithiel on a tough pitch against a experienced physical side who used their hight and size advantage to good use 

We had a good start creating chances but not taking them which was our downfall, fell behind to a good goal across the keeper, back into it almost instantly with a close range header from a free kick, calstock went back in front after scoring from a corner the ref missing the goalkeeper being pushed to the floor! 

In the end calstock took their chances in the 2nd half and we didn't, we should have taken ours in the first half before the game got away from us 

Game was very poorly reffed today calstock player putting his hands around the throat of a lostwithiel player went un noticed don't think the ref was strong enough and lost control in the 2nd half 

Finishing practice for lostwithiel required in training. We go again next week at home to high flying Southgate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grampound 11-2 St Ann's Chapel

Hats off to the visitors who continued to battle throughout the game, even after being 6-0 down at the break.
Grampound striker Dylan Fox scored seven times, all but one outstanding strikes and he was also denied more goals by some terrific saves by the St Ann's Chapel keeper.  Dylan really showed his power and energy brilliantly today.  The other Grampound goals all were pretty good too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nothing short of an embarrassment that Tavyside, having 40+ signed on, couldn't be bothered to return the favour to Mevagissey who made the 90 mile round trip to their ground last week for today's game. A real shame given the amount of forced cancellations, that teams pick and choose which games they intend to play.

Great result for Stoke Climsland who look to be back on the up!

Shocking to hear this behaviour from Calstock; this reared its ugly head all too often last season and has crept back in


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...