Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey 1 v 0 Plymouth Parkway

Well.....would you believe it!! Philpys barmy army continue to surprize. Sadly I wasnt there today as I had to go Argyle just so I could pick up my ticket for Portsmouth away next weekend.

To say im happy with this result is a understatement!! Earlier in the season we went up to Parkway on a friday night and at half time as we gathered at the far end of the ground one of the Parkway staff (track suited up, so could have been anyone) came over to get a few balls out the goal mouth and started on how St Blazey were finished and wont win nothing for a long time blaa blaa!!! Quite a bizzarre thing just to come out with for no reason so we pointed out that I think you need to win a few things before you can say much!! Then we made it 1-1 and Mouthy wasnt no out spoken after that. So today, after hearing the result, I wonder if the 4...yes 4 points theyve dropped against St Blazey (a clubs thats finished you no) will prove to be their undoing!!

Well done to all at St Blazey, and what a fitting way for one of St Blazeys ever present fans who sadly died this week. A fantastic fan who will be sadly missed. That win was meant to be. :rolleyes:

Paul, never underestimate the unprecitable!! Although you must take credit for being the only one to predict a home win today for us in the predictions league! (More than I can say for Dan!)

Delighted with the attitude, commitment and more pleasing, the belief shown today. In my opinion it has been there since Boxing Day against Bodmin and were very unlucky on that day, so its rewarding for our lads to see results since then go our way. They deserve it and even more satisfying in a week that the club has lost one of it's true fans in Gerry. On behalf of all the lads, Philpy and myself, our thoughts and condolences go out to his wife Cynthia and his family.

Also nice to protect the record of never being beaten by Parkway in the South Western or Peninsula League to date. Saying that I believe they will still have a very big part to play in deciding who will become the leagues first Champions.

Spotted Messrs Massey and Massey in the stand today licking their lips at the final whistle, the least we could do today was take 4 points this season off Parkway.....having taken the same this season off of Falmouth!!

Anyway, Im going to tip Falmouth to take the league this season with the firepower of Lee Langmead now available after injury. Any other thoughts or predictions for the league anyone?

Always back the Blazey.....especially when their home. Players have the vocal support behind them which helps. As For Dan.....ill have words with him!!!

Still cant decide whos going to win it. Bodmin look solid but dont seem to kill sides off and thats cost them in recent seasons. I can see alot of points dropped before the seasons finished. Even Saltash might sneak it.

The Parkway record is so good its untrue. Parkway have been such a consistant side in recent years. That makes it even better.

Keep it going St Blazey.

Congratulations Paul and Laffs-great result for Blazey.

Was one of my favourites the War horse Bradley Ralph playing today ?

Checking my SWL handbooks I have come up with a St. Blazey v Plymouth Parkway record since 1998 when P/P joined the league of-

P20 W15 D5 L0 GF 52 GA 15 so in fact Mike Body scored the 50th league goal(sorry Mike I have just done a correction)

just for good measure there was a League cup in St.B's favour 2-1.

I remember the door banging and chanting of Champions at Bickland when Parkway won 3-1 earlier in the season-a little premature considering they have only picked up 3points from their last 5 league games.

Dan, I wouldn't dream of having a go at you about your predictions, I get them wrong every week but for goodness sake, change your picture. You look just like Peter Pan (or is there something you should be telling us?) :thumbsup: .

I must be honest though Lafs, I thought time was up on the Parkway record :SM_carton: . It will go one day but until then, enjoy.

See you on Wednesday?

Yes Ken I will be there on Wednesday along with about 7 of the players and of course Philpy. I text Lewis earlier to confirm, so will see you both then.

With regards to your thoughts on yesterday and the record, did you think time was up before the game or during the game?

Laf's

War horse! ha ha! cheers Mike, i've been called worse, usually by my team mates.

I did play yesterday, so today i'm a bit more like a sore horse! Great team performance, against one of the more fancied sides, but we defo deserved it. Hopefuly a fitting send off for a true supporter of St.Blazey football club and now with the squad starting to settle down, perhaps we can give the rest of the fans a bit more to cheer about and start to repay the club for the faith and support they have shown us.

Nice to see JJ at the match yesterday, although I still couldn't get him to buy me a pint! what have I got to do eh!:

:rolleyes: Pictures of the game on www.plymouthparkway.com go to news and open 'Lids on Line'.

Just picturing the scene Paul on the friday evening. A load of Blazey supporters behind the goal, a person from Parkway collecting balls from the net, nothing said at all other than by the parkway man, mmmmmm, I think the word 'banter' by both must come to mind, but you were there. :thumbsup:

Congratulations Paul and Laffs-great result for Blazey.

Was one of my favourites the War horse Bradley Ralph playing today ?

Checking my SWL handbooks I have come up with a St. Blazey v Plymouth Parkway record since 1998 when P/P joined the league of-

P20 W15 D5 L0 GF 52 GA 15 so in fact Mike Body scored the 50th league goal(sorry Mike I have just done a correction)

just for good measure there was a League cup in St.B's favour 2-1.

I remember the door banging and chanting of Champions at Bickland when Parkway won 3-1 earlier in the season-a little premature considering they have only picked up 3points from their last 5 league games.

See the last piece on Mikes post!! :thumbsup:

Well from what Mike wrote they seem to be confident of winning it. To be honest, ive had them down to win it as theyve been top 4 or 5 for many a season. With St Blazey having so many changes and Truro gone then they have every chance. Still not sure if Bodmin will score enough, think Torpoint will drop points to often, dont no much about Dartmouth so Falmouth and Saltash could be your biggest rivals with Bodmin there or there abouts.

Just had a look at the table. Very close when you see clubs with games in hand etc. Could be another last game of the season effort. St Blazey could still sneak a top 6 finish with a good run!!

well it does seem that the parkway bubble has burst - and like i wrote a few weeks ago, i heard them singing 'champions champions' months ago - very premature. I think it would have been bad if they had won it because they are not a good side - saltash are my pick for the title for what its worth - and i think it would be fitting if they done it in memory of the late timmy halford.

Guest SLIC VIC

Bloomy what twiglet zone are you from, in your previous threads never did you mention "champions" resounding from the parkway dressing room now the mention of that word and you jump on the band wagon saying you heard it being sung. Are you an individual or a sheep follower,what will it be next Arsenal to win European . :lol::lol::lol: cup

Bloomy what twiglet zone are you from, in your previous threads never did you mention "champions" resounding from the parkway dressing room now the mention of that word and you jump on the band wagon saying you heard it being sung. Are you an individual or a sheep follower,what will it be next Arsenal to win European . :lol::lol::lol: cup

i do actually quite like sheep slicky vicky - anyway - have i touched a nerve??? all i have said previously is that parkways portacabins have gone rather quiet lately......and that singing as loud as they can in set / oct / nov may prove costly - i fact i think i have been right in saying so.....wouldnt you agree????

do you support parkway then vicky???? if so what words of advice would you have for next season if they find themselves top of the league in august with 10 months of the season left????

good night.......'up the arse'