Cornwall Football Forum

Cu final tickets

Just wondering if any of the club's might have any FA cu final tickets available that I may buy. I have been a Chelsea fan from an early age and having just had a small amount of cash bequeathed to me I would love to go and see them play in the final.

Not sure of the club procedures nowadays 're whether you have to apply to the FA for tickets. Just looking for two off

Thanks for any info

Steve Webber

Clubs/Referees/anyone entitled to tickets through the FA have to apply before 3rd round is even played and if successful tickets are not transferable. Anyone found to be passing tickets on can be banned from applying in future and their associated club can be penalised.

That's the shite thing about the FA cup final is the lack of tickets that go to the clubs that are there.  80,000 seats and it think the clubs that get there get about 18,000 each.  So basically over 40,000 tickets go to the fa family wh don't give a for the res for the year.  

League cup final better

Now if it was Rugby's premiership final you were after you could be lucky, they are easily available when they go on sale, you register as a fan and get regular emails updating the top divisions goings on, then you get the RFU virtually begging people via email to help fill Twickenham. I didn't bother with the last RFU Final but the year before I got 5 tickets for that seated area I wanted in the halfway area, the previous year to that I got 2 in identical seats.

I have been involved in football for around 75 years and fortunate to see many FA Cup finals but in the modern era I would have no chance of legally getting a ticket, the thing is most clubs have more season ticket holders than there are available tickets so people who attend every league and cup games could end up disappointed even though they run loyalty schemes attempting to be fair to every one when their club reaches a final. In those circumstances me as a casual supporter of a number of clubs can't expect to get tickets for footballs showpiece final.

I have known people go to Wembley get off the Underground station walk down Olympic Way taking in the atmosphere then shooting off to a pub and watch the game on television, others have a party at home inviting friends in and have a right knees up, my next door neighbour could be one of those this year with him being a Chelsea follower.

Notice I said follower because like the majority he never goes to games.

5 hours ago, St Darren said:

That's the shite thing about the FA cup final is the lack of tickets that go to the clubs that are there.  80,000 seats and it think the clubs that get there get about 18,000 each.  So basically over 40,000 tickets go to the fa family wh don't give a for the res for the year.  

League cup final better

Hi Darren, Why don't you apply to be King of Cornwall, the Royals always get tickets.