Cornwall Football Forum

Englands Next Manager

Well with Mr McClaren now gone who would you like to see as the next England Manager and should he be English, Also who do you think will take the job.

As usual lots of names being thrown around and lots of big premiership Managers saying no thanks, It seems the only fella half interested seems to be Fabio Capello (Italy), Not sure if thats just for the MONEY though as being the England Manager seems to be the easiest way to make yourself a few million quid nowadays without really doing anything other than turn up for a game of football ????. :angry:

To get the ball rolling im going for and i know he wont take the job in a million years but:

Sir Alex Ferguson :D

I'll have Alan Shearer because .............Appointing legendary players with little or no managerial experience has become a bit of a trend over the last few years in other countries.

Or

Harry Redknapp because ................His proven at club level and undoubtedly a top manager.

Or

Stuart Pearce but i don't think they'll have him yet, I think he needs a few more years with the under 21's.

Guest Doomer17

Glenn Hoddle Glenn Hoddle Glenn Hoddle! In my opinion, hes your man!

I believe his passion for football, and obviously knowledge of football will get us to where we should be.

I know he previously was appointed as manager, many say he didn't suceed, i don't believe he was given a descent crack of the whip. Would love to see Him take over though.

There is ONLY one man and he is PERFECT for the job and for the goons that selected McClaren, His name.......... "The man from Del Monte". :D OR perhaps even Simon Cowell because he's used to handling talentless idiots.

It MUST be a proven winner that is employed this time. We DON'T want Shearer because he can only teach over-the-top tackles, leading with the elbow and squealing to the ref. We NEED a world class manager with balls. To pick a team/squad based on who is playing well, not just on star names. I can think of only three that are not involved with a club at the moment- Capello, Lippi, Mourinho...

Mourinho has ruled himself out, so we can forget him. The other two speak English and know the european game inside out and I think that the FA should go "all out" to get either of these guys and for gods sake, only give them a 2 year contract. Why would an international manager need a contract any longer than that?. Tournaments only come round every 2 years, if they qualify and do well they will be offered a 2 year extension. It's not bloody rocket science.

A problem I think we have is, I think the England players are unmanagable at the moment and have misplaced beliefs in their own abilities. Unless they develop a work ethic we will languish as a "nearly" team.

Many years ago Brian Clough took his players to a coal mine to see what real work was. A reality check for the players is essential.

Guest Peppermint

Would not argue with Coopsie's three foreign managers. Cappelo certainly reduced a few egos at Real Madrid and won things. If none of these then probably Martin O'Neill.

The problem is that the idiot Barwick is once again in charge of finding the replacement. So what hope have we got. The Press Conference on Thursday morning was like something from a comedy sketch with the blazers all sat down trying to defend each other.

Guest Doomer17

If im honest( and im not just saying it because i want Hoddle to take over) i want to see an englishman run the English team. Were English, we don't need foreigners taking over our national team. Let them take over their own country. Hoddle, hoddle ( Lets all do the hoddle) lol!

It just couldn't and wouldn't be allowed to happen Doomer mate. The "PC Brigade" would be up in arms because of the beliefs and feelings that Hoddle has. His "Disabled people are being punished for misdemeanors in a past life" comment, will never be forgotten. Then there's Eileen Drewery, his "spiritual counsellor", :wacko: .

Hoddle was stastically, the best manager we've had since Ramsay and only lost something like 4% of the games he was incharge for. We must remember that Glenn Hoddle was not sacked because of results or for footballing reasons, he was sacked because of his "going public" about his beliefs and because 0.00000001% of the population had a problem with those beliefs/opinions and decided to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

At the end of the day, he did NOTHING wrong, we ALL have some opinions/beliefs that other people don't like or agree with (you read mine every day :D ). I just don't ever see the brainless twats at the FA doing anything so radical as to take back somebody that they villified in the past.

It just couldn't and wouldn't be allowed to happen Doomer mate. The "PC Brigade" would be up in arms because of the beliefs and feelings that Hoddle has. His "Disabled people are being punished for misdemeanors in a past life" comment, will never be forgotten. Then there's Eileen Drewery, his "spiritual counsellor", :wacko: .

Hoddle was stastically, the best manager we've had since Ramsay and only lost something like 4% of the games he was incharge for. We must remember that Glenn Hoddle was not sacked because of results or for footballing reasons, he was sacked because of his "going public" about his beliefs and because 0.00000001% of the population had a problem with those beliefs/opinions and decided to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

At the end of the day, he did NOTHING wrong, we ALL have some opinions/beliefs that other people don't like or agree with (you read mine every day :D ). I just don't ever see the brainless twats at the FA doing anything so radical as to take back somebody that they villified in the past.

Coopsie fella, (we ALL have some opinions/beliefs that other people don't like or agree with)

And there was me a believer in every word you say on this forum lol :lol::D :drink:

Guest Doomer17

Your right coopsie, but i can hope rite!? Its a shame, i don't understand it. As you say statistics say it all. Ok he spoke out a bit too much, but who cares? I admire Hoddle for how good he was at playing football, how passionate he is about the sport, and i also believe he is a quality coach. If i could ever work under a manager, he would be the one.

Your right coopsie, but i can hope rite!? Its a shame, i don't understand it. As you say statistics say it all. Ok he spoke out a bit too much, but who cares? I admire Hoddle for how good he was at playing football, how passionate he is about the sport, and i also believe he is a quality coach. If i could ever work under a manager, he would be the one.

(I admire Hoddle for how good he was at playing football, how passionate he is about the sport) ??

So is Barwick passionate i heard him say he was on sky sports he said he was passionate about the sport and the fans and the players (I think) :clapper:

(If i could ever work under a manager, he would be the one.) :unsure:

Er im glad you said that mate :D

shearer, shearer hes your man if he cant do it, no one can.

lets all do the samba

This just HAS TO STOP. How the heck can you possibly believe that this man should be given control of our national team?. What "managerial" experience does he have, what coaching qualifications does he have, what did he win in his career??.

You can not achieve success if you've never experienced how to achieve it. Why do you think that the "Big teams" in the world of football only go for PROVEN, SUCCESSFUL managers with a knowledge of the game and the ability to know how to win.

It'll never happen but I'd like to see Gary Linekar have a go. Or Winno :thumbsup: I totally agree with Doomer17 that it should go to an Englishman but I know it won't happen. And don't get me started on McClarens payout - add that to what they paid Erikkson (and are still paying him!) and that's al ot of money that could be better spent at grassroots level!

Guest Doomer17

lol oih!! Barwick is a twa* who actually appears to know nothing. Hoddles passion for the game is a cert! And yea, i would love nothing more than to work with him and i can see him snapping me up as the new number 1 for England :P:P haha. Barwick will get my full backing if he chose Hodds!

lol oih!! Barwick is a twa* who actually appears to know nothing. Hoddles passion for the game is a cert! And yea, i would love nothing more than to work with him and i can see him snapping me up as the new number 1 for England :P:P haha. Barwick will get my full backing if he chose Hodds!

Barwick would only get my "full backing" if he was stood behind a very large vehicle I happened to be in control of. :c:

Guest crosser

i want harry, all though not a fan of hoddle the person he was a good england manager but there is no chance of the FA going back

www.englandfanzine.co.uk/managers/managers.asp england managers stats here

for some reason the linky thing don't work properly so you might need to cut and paste

Guest Doomer17

thanks for link. Hodd'seys record speaks for itself. I don't think they will go back, I dont even think he will be considered as a candidate. Really hope hs is though, just got a feeling he would be a great option.

Guest Cornishdave1980

On the BBC site Beakenbauer(excuse spelling) is recommending Klinsmann for the job, would that be the end of English football if we had a German manager?

Could our fickled fans except that and even stop signing the dam buster theme......

What about Paul Ince with Paul Gascoigne as assistant ....up & coming manager with a joker...better than the joker & the has been thats just been sacked....food for though I think....

I dont think Rednapp is the answer but there isnt any quality English Managers who are capable of taking us forward..or players for that matter...

What about Paul Ince with Paul Gascoigne as assistant ....up & coming manager with a joker...better than the joker & the has been thats just been sacked....food for though I think....

I dont think Rednapp is the answer but there isnt any quality English Managers who are capable of taking us forward..or players for that matter...

baggie, Paul ******* Ince :angry::angry::angry: :angry:

Dont take it personally cockerkneeboy....you Hammers boys have got to let it go....let it go god damm it...!

There might be a role on the staff for Shearer but I dont he would work with Klinsman......would he??

Paul Ince,Shearer & Gascoigne....from what I'm hearing on the news & reading, no one wants the job so I dont think we can be picky.

Maybe the FA need to put an ad in the classifieds....

Arsene Wenger would be the best man for the job, no doubt about it. Highly unlikely though. Of the likely candidates (or should i say poor sods) i think Redknapp would be the best of the Englishmen but its got to be Capello i terms of competitions won and general big-game and big-player experience.

If all else fails bring in Ian Wright as player/manager of England. Passion, heart and goals galore!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...