Cornwall Football Forum

Mawnan 1 Mabe 3

Gutted about the result, as I thought we matched them for 80mins but we gave away two late penalties which they converted, which was probably down to tired legs as we have played 3 Tough games in 5 days now (why the fixture couldn't be played sat where we both don't have a fixture is beyond me) thought a draw personally would of been a fair result in my eyes! But fair play to Mabe who are a very good side. Luckily now we have a 2 week rest to get everyone fit for the semi final of the Arthur pearce cup on the 24th after having 5 or 6 regulars missing again tonight! 

Mawnan goal scorer

Keir Dent x1

23 minutes ago, GEACH1 said:

so jack roberts has done the double over his cousin ben roberts  this season, not only did jack get the good looks of the family but also has the football bragging rights for this year anyway. 

I was at that game this evening. Great to watch and a good performance by both teams. is jack the one with the forehead the same size as the club house? 

8 hours ago, Manager. said:

I was at that game this evening. Great to watch and a good performance by both teams. is jack the one with the forehead the same size as the club house? 

Both Ben and jack have heads the size of the club house must be a family trait 

There have been clubhouses named after jacks forehead as a dedication for the footballing genius jack Roberts . 

2 hours ago, Manager. said:

Aren't they gonna re name the Eiffel Tower after that ******* great nose of yours? I don't know you unfortunately, but I've seen you play a few times. I must say nobody can watch the football. Your nose gets in everyone's way aka keyboard warrior 

lol, must of really upset u for a reply like that . I don't want to upset the Roberts family I hear it's like falling out with the Mitchell brothers . Although might be a good thing they could do me a favour and knock my nose into shape with there pumpkin shaped heads lol

On 12/04/2017 at 21:09, Mawnan 2nds said:

Mawnan 1 Mabe 3

Gutted about the result, as I thought we matched them for 80mins but we gave away two late penalties which they converted, which was probably down to tired legs as we have played 3 Tough games in 5 days now (why the fixture couldn't be played sat where we both don't have a fixture is beyond me) thought a draw personally would of been a fair result in my eyes! But fair play to Mabe who are a very good side. Luckily now we have a 2 week rest to get everyone fit for the semi final of the Arthur pearce cup on the 24th after having 5 or 6 regulars missing again tonight! 

Mawnan goal scorer

Keir Dent x1

Mabe have a semi on Saturday.. 

Wendron 3rd 2-5 penwith exiles.

Lock hart cup semi final

Really good semi final tonight centre ref Paul Murphy was brilliant. Penwith dominated most of the game scoring really great goals. Wendron scored two great goals late on but was too late. Penwith will take something special to stop them if they play like tonight in the final.

9 hours ago, Mr Bean said:

Lock hart cup semi final

Really good semi final tonight centre ref Paul Murphy was brilliant. Penwith dominated most of the game scoring really great goals. Wendron scored two great goals late on but was too late. Penwith will take something special to stop them if they play like tonight in the final.

How did wendron get back into it? They looked poor tonight

2 hours ago, Manager. said:

How did wendron get back into it? They looked poor tonight

Was two late goals both well taken. I wouldn't say wendron where poor they played well id say penwith last night was unstoppable. Whoever plays them in the final will have a tough game. Sure to be a great final

58 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

Was two late goals both well taken. I wouldn't say wendron where poor they played well id say penwith last night was unstoppable. Whoever plays them in the final will have a tough game. Sure to be a great final

I wouldn't listen to "manager". He thinks everyone apart from mawnan 2nds are poor and when mawnan 2nds lose they are always 5 or 6 missing.  

22 hours ago, GEACH1 said:

I wouldn't listen to "manager". He thinks everyone apart from mawnan 2nds are poor and when mawnan 2nds lose they are always 5 or 6 missing.  

If wendron started the way they ended would have been a much different game. I still think penwith would have won but the scoreline would have been much closer. 

To be fair i think the scoreline slightly flattered Wendron as we hit the woodwork 3 times and missed plenty of chances and taking off 3 key players in the last 20 minutes to give everyone a runout disrupted us a bit don't think they would of scored if i kept my strongest 11 to the end..

On 14/04/2017 at 11:20, GEACH1 said:

It's the truth though mr Geach. I think there's some brilliant teams in division two. Penwith are a quality side, also mabe and Falmouth town. Good young players. Just think mawnan have done a great job this season. You seem to be a bit bitter towards people mr Geach. Maybe you should get a hobby or something? Get out a bit more. 

1 hour ago, Manager. said:

It's the truth though mr Geach. I think there's some brilliant teams in division two. Penwith are a quality side, also mabe and Falmouth town. Good young players. Just think mawnan have done a great job this season. You seem to be a bit bitter towards people mr Geach. Maybe you should get a hobby or something? Get out a bit more. 

Why would I be bitter I'm just having a laugh . 

And don't worry about my hobbies I got plenty but I got one for you to consider, y dont you get your mum to buy you a gym membership so you can burn some weight and get yourself fit just like u always wanted ?

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 22:27, Mr Bean said:

Lock hart cup semi final

Don't think we played that well to be fair..

17 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

Wendron? I thought u did well if u attacked abit more like you did the last 10 would have been a cracker.

Nope, penwith exiles manager that is, and he's right we didn't really get started didn't get the ball down enough and actually play the football we would of liked 

45 minutes ago, number 6 said:

Nope, penwith exiles manager that is, and he's right we didn't really get started didn't get the ball down enough and actually play the football we would of liked 

Exiles where well organised and played really good football. Looked very strong. If that is exiles not performing very well if you are at full steam against mabe/illogan they will be for a very hard game. If penwith don't win the cup I will be very surprised.

I wasn't at the game so can't comment too much, but...

I think it's a bit insulting towards our third team talking about how you took your foot off it, played within yourselves etc. To stick my nose in it, Wendron's goalkeeper was a right back and half their midfield was missing. I know that our manager was struggling for players (I almost got a call up). 

So yes, maybe you missed a few chances - no excuse in my opinion as chances aren't goals. Or hit the woodwork 28 times, or brought on fresh legs that may've disrupted it. But it's not the Penwith show - other teams have excuses well. 

That being said, like my earlier comment, Penwith were clearly the better side; the scoreline reflects this. Some may not agree with their approach to the game, but you need a bit of that in junior football. They deserve to be where they are and climb through the leagues. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season and for next. 

2 hours ago, Mr Bean said:

Wendron? I thought u did well if u attacked abit more like you did the last 10 would have been a cracker.

No exiles. 

1 hour ago, WendronOfficial said:

I wasn't at the game so can't comment too much, but...

I think it's a bit insulting towards our third team talking about how you took your foot off it, played within yourselves etc. To stick my nose in it, Wendron's goalkeeper was a right back and half their midfield was missing. I know that our manager was struggling for players (I almost got a call up). 

So yes, maybe you missed a few chances - no excuse in my opinion as chances aren't goals. Or hit the woodwork 28 times, or brought on fresh legs that may've disrupted it. But it's not the Penwith show - other teams have excuses well. 

That being said, like my earlier comment, Penwith were clearly the better side; the scoreline reflects this. Some may not agree with their approach to the game, but you need a bit of that in junior football. They deserve to be where they are and climb through the leagues. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season and for next. 

Wasn't insulting anyone simply said our fringe players aren't as good as our starting 11 and when you make 3 changes it can change games and the match report is how it was missed chances and woodwork hit 3 times anyway good luck for the rest of your season from myself and exiles.. 

18 hours ago, justin1 said:

No exiles. 

Wasn't insulting anyone simply said our fringe players aren't as good as our starting 11 and when you make 3 changes it can change games and the match report is how it was missed chances and woodwork hit 3 times anyway good luck for the rest of your season from myself and exiles.. 

Personally I thought despite the score line and even said this to a wendron fan I thought the wendron keeper pulled off some amazing saves on the night. Most of the penwith goals where of pure player excellence. Dan Burt scored some truely amazing individual goals from good team work.

17 hours ago, Mr Bean said:

Personally I thought despite the score line and even said this to a wendron fan I thought the wendron keeper pulled off some amazing saves on the night. Most of the penwith goals where of pure player excellence. Dan Burt scored some truely amazing individual goals from good team work.

He only scored one? penwith top team, came a long way and I think decent bunch tbh no one doubts that, you could get involved as exiles team mascot or cheerleader dave! 

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 15:22, stokefan1 said:

He only scored one? penwith top team, came a long way and I think decent bunch tbh no one doubts that, you could get involved as exiles team mascot or cheerleader dave! 

Just a few come on here stokefan and slag us off think most of it is jealousy and excuses but all that shit just makes us stronger looking forward to next week and csm in the quarter final should be a cracker..

1 hour ago, justin1 said:

Just a few come on here stokefan and slag us off think most of it is jealousy and excuses but all that shit just makes us stronger looking forward to next week and csm in the quarter final should be a cracker..

Justin, just replied to one of your previous posts on the other thread - as for the Wendron/Penwith bad blood - for whatever reason, I'm not sure what, I think we should leave it there. It's been and gone and a new season will be fast approaching soon. 

You're probably correct, there will be some teams jealous of yourselves. I think the reputation, although I've never experienced it first hand, that you built yourselves hasn't done you any favours. Although, credit where it is due - you no longer here of these stories. Unfortunately for you, for some the damage has already been done. I don't think it helps that several members of your team, perhaps even yourself, come on here and are derogatory towards other teams and players, whether it's intentional or not, it is sometimes read that way. But each to their own.  

Like I've previously said: obviously a good side at this level as the points column shows and I'm sure you will give CSM a good run for their money in your upcoming cup match, we may even see an upset. Plenty of skill, hunger and desire - which is the right combination to succeed at this level. All the best in your forthcoming fixtures.