Cornwall Football Forum

ALL SYSTEMS GO FOR SILVERBOW!

Looks like all systems go now with the Silverbow project.

News posted on the club's website that "the planning permission challenge on Treyew Road (lodged by another developer whose own application elsewhere was refused) has been rejected. We have no more details yet but this is another huge step towards Silver Bow.  Updates will follow when we have more information."

A few months ago the club was hopeful that work would start in October so that it would be ready for the 2017/18 season. Hopefully this schedule isn't going to be far off as it needs to be all sorted in time to obtain league/FA approval etc.

29 minutes ago, KIT 65 said:

No No,ignore all those silly gossips Dave.It's time to hang out the flags.Silver Bow here we come.

Do you really think that Masters is going to move into the new Stadium,and sit there building a great Truro City.

Or will he make hay while the sun is shinning.

Or will he sell the Club before SilverBow is built,but include it in a deal.

Never mind,we will just all enjoy it ,while it last's.

48 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Do you really think that Masters is going to move into the new Stadium,and sit there building a great Truro City.

Or will he make hay while the sun is shinning.

Or will he sell the Club before SilverBow is built,but include it in a deal.

Never mind,we will just all enjoy it ,while it last's.

To true Dave,even if it went tits up tomorrow,we have at least had 3 years of top class football to watch which would not have been the case if Masters and co didn't cough up to keep the club afloat.

Yes,perhaps one day he will sell who knows,but to be fair I don't blame him for that.He is a business man who has taken a huge gamble by investing thousands of pounds of his money into a football club,so if and when he does decide to sell who can blame him if he makes a bit of a profit.

Only a fool would invest and come away with a loss.

The saying "A fool and his money is soon parted" rings true, Peter Masters is no fool but it does raise the question "Why does he choose to alienate relations between himself, club and supporters.?"

Excuse me for not being fooled but remembering personal links with the club dating back to 1943 I would have expected some official explanation from the club of  a warning to future conduct if doing something wrong, which I have NOT, only then if I am proved to be in the wrong a reason acceptable in a modern society for the club's action in barring me from club activities.

Nothing excites me about what goes on at Treyew Road at this time, unfortunately in the current climate I trust no one,  that is sad, as I have not done anything wrong it became necessary to take steps to protect my right to continue supporting the TEAM, supporters should not be put in a position that they need to go higher than the league to protect their civil liberties.

Strange situation whilst remembering my last meeting with Peter Masters when we spoke and shook hands only to be one of those affected by what went on at Maidstone just four days later.

I hope Silver Bow is eventually built to the standard promised, you never take the "life blood" out of the football fan.