Saltash United 2 Callington Town 2
Tavistock 4 St Teath 1

Division One

Bodmin Town 2 Camelford 0
Holsworthy 3 Millrook 1
Nanpean Rovers 0 Lanreath 4
St Austell 3 Roche 2
Edited by ECPL

What a pratt.  I am given the names, if they are wrong then tell the person who gave them to me to get it right.  Haven't had any complaints so far.  So dream on.   It would not be a bad idea if you gave me some examples.

Edited by ECPL

It's something I have observed over a number of years. When I've mentioned it to other people a few have said "yeah he always gets it wrong" or something similar. It's not a massive issue. Just something I have a little chuckle about every now and then. The most common is if there is a photo of someone and a completely different player is named. But no real harm done 

As I thought offside.  Your comments are a load of crap.  I asked you to name the players, but no, its I have observed over the years.  And now we are in to names and pictures.  As I said NAME THEM.  If not stop digging yourself into a bigger hole.  Also who have you spoken to ?      Again NAME THEM and stop pontificating

There are far too many to name. I've forgotten most of them. As I said it's just something I notice at the time of reading and as it's been over a number of years I couldn't possibly remember. Like I said, it's nothing major. The more recent ones I can think of is in a tavi report the other week you said Simon Rennie. Not sure who he is lol. Also a few of us had a chuckle on your match report for the cup final. Not sure if you were actually at the game based on that. One more I can think of is the other week you said Torpoint were 1 point away from winning the league. They won this week and still aren't champions ???

You really don't know how to give up do you.  In my report of the game I gave Scott Rennie his correct name in my report so I have no idea where you dug that one up from.  And yes I was at the match and Torpoint could have had the game well wrapped up at half time.  So a few of you had a chuckle did you.  And who were they may I ask.  Fiction of your imagination I would suggest.  So please stop digging yourself into a bigger hole. It is becoming embarrassing.  yes I have made mistakes - doesn't anyone, but I cant think of anything to date.  As I said you keep digging yourself into a hole with your daft comments.  Yet you have now forgotten who the names were.  Some people will do anything to make themselves look stupid.  I suggest you go and see your doctor that's if you can remember who he or she is.

To be honest, I've seen a lot of mistakes of names made, which on one hand may be disappointing for the player who has scored but then I hardly think it's a huge issue, rushing in reports will mean typos but that means human error & also sometimes it may be heard incorrectly over the phone. It's one of the reasons I prefer reading club reports on official social media like twitter or a clubs website. But hey ho, something has to go in the paper and at least he spends his own time and effort doing it. Like you said offside! not a big deal, just remember as I've said, it's his time & effort that gets the reports in the papers. Anyway... moving on, any predictions for tomorrow's games. I'll offer mine.

ECPL FIXTURES Saturday 18th April

Fred Binks Premier Division Cup Semi-final

Bere Alston United 2 v 2 Edgcumbe (Edgcumbe go through on penalties)

Ray Radford Division One Cup Semi-finals

Pensilva 2 v 1 Mevagissey
St Blazey 2 v 4 St Stephens Borough

Premier Division

Elburton Villa 3 v 0 Fowey

Polperro 6 v 1 Morwenstow

Saltash United 2 v 1 Callington Town
Tavistock 4 v 1 St Teath

Division One

Bodmin Town 1 v 0 Camelford
Holsworthy 3 v 1 Millbrook
Nanpean Rovers 0 v 4 Lanreath
St Austell 2 v 0 Roche
Edited 23 hours ago by ECPL

You had better ask the Cornish Guardian.  Nothing to do with me.    I would still like to no NAMES. Why is it so easy to critizise, but to difficult to answer a simple question.  I have now spent a couple of hours going back over all my reports and what goes in the paper.     Sorry but I found ONE ERROR and that was calling Lewis Kershaw, Luke,.  Not bad that.     Come on you made the claim. I want NAMES.  How many more chances do you want 

Edited by ECPL

You just said that was the Cornish guardian not you? Make your mind up. And what about reporting the other week that Torpoint only needed 1 more point to win the league yet picked up 3 this week and still aren't champions? Anyway, I'm a little bored of this now. I've obviously touched a nerve. It really is no biggy. It's hardly crime of the century 

You had better ask the Cornish Guardian.  Nothing to do with me.    I would still like to no NAMES. Why is it so easy to critizise, but to difficult to answer a simple question.  I have now spent a couple of hours going back over all my reports and what goes in the paper.     Sorry but I found ONE ERROR and that was calling Lewis Kershaw Luke,.  Not bad that.     Come on you made the claim. I want NAMES.  How many more chances do you want 

​Know NAMES! :thumbsup:

Picky   The arrogant idiot still cannot come up with names.  What a sad ass he is.  And no you have not hit a nerve.  As I said easy to critizise but unfortunately no facts.  And now you are bored.  Sorry sunshine give me NAMES.  If not SHUT UP. 

True, that could be a very long fishing trip! You could even mention the Hereford situation and he would agree with you. Both parties are dedicated to their cause and in turn keep the Duchy updated and informed of the latest goings on in the respected leagues. :thumbsup:

Keep trying offside.  Oh my goodness I made a mistake.  This must have made your day.   I've answered your question now how about answering mine. NAMES PLEASE.  i TOLD YOU KEEP DIGGING AND YOU WILL SINK FURTHER INTO THE HOLE YOU CREATED.  I think most people will agree that your pompous arrogance has been noticed by all.  Get a life.  .   

St Blazey 1-0 St Stephens Borough. A decent game against a good side. We just edged it with a great finish from Joel Cockings. Always enjoy playing against St Stepehens, play decent football and are a nice bunch of lads. Hope they go on to win the the league. Bring on the final 

Just checked the league table.  Torpoint have an 87 goal difference and the only team who can catch them Tavistock is plus 32.   55 goals to make up in the final four games.  Methinks I was right in the first place.  Another fine mess you have got yourself in.    I'd give up if I were you.

Good luck to St Blazey in the final, they deserved the win today! It's always a great battle between us and we'll be supporting them in the final! A great team that play great football and a great group of lads. We turn our attention now to the league! 

Hmmm, obviously our newest newbie has thought better of his first and only post, knocking St. Blazey Reserves for having the temerity to beat St. Stephens Borough. I presume he's deleted it him(her)self, I don't think it was offensive enough ti draw the moderators ire. Joe King aside, it's nice to be nice when you're a newbie!

Right Mr Offside, you are now about to cost ECPL clubs £10 a match. In case you didn't know it clubs are to contact me by 6pm after a match with a small report and the HOME and AWAY scorers or are subject to a fine.

All clubs have been advised by the league secretary on more than one occasion of their responsibilities. Unfortunately on numerous occasions I will spend hours trying to contact clubs but without success.

The league have asked me on a number of occasions to tell them of offending clubs. Late me make it quite clear, I do not want to see clubs charged and fined. But because of that idiot offside I will now contact the league secretary of all clubs who DO NOT CONTACT ME by 6pm after a match and with the correct information. .

Classic example St Austell v Roche. I was given the name of CJ Bird as one of Roche's scorers. I tried to verify with Roche, phoning, sending texts and trying to contact anyone who is a member of that club. I even posted on here. Unfortunately I have an 8.30pm copy deadline. So do I go with what I have got or leave out the names. Now the away club has no obligation to contact me over goalscorers but when I contact a number of home clubs on the day they do not know the away teams goalscorers or if they do they sometimes get it wrong.

I now look on the web site and someone has posted the name of the Roche goalscorers. Now is that correct or is someone winding me up.

Let me take Elburton Villa v Fowey United.  Elburton do not give me the away team scorers so once again I am trying to contact someone at Fowey only to find that person is at the Chelsea v Manchester United match.  So how did I find their scorers, on a twitter account.  But is it correct.

I can name a number of clubs who bend over backwards to get the correct information to me, Pensilva, Nanpean Rovers, Bodmin Town and St Dominick come to mind.  I really would like to remind clubs of their responsibilities.  Especially giving me or the league an alternative contact number.  Unfortunately clubs do not seem to understand their responsibilities.  Often when I complain my contact says 'I didn't know that'. 

So well done offside your pompous arrogant attitude will now cost clubs money when I have tried my damnedest to avoid this. So go away and chuckle with your fictitious mates.

Edited by ECPL

ECPL this isn't the premier league and managers aren't contracted to have to talk to the BBC or Sky, it isn't in the ECPL by-laws and isn't enforceable. You've got your knickers in a twist over nothing, most of the write ups are absolute tosh, but that isn't on you, that's what you get told, so ignore offside and just crack on doing a good job like you do.

Yes please don't think it's the actual reports that I'm talking about. They are obviously just an individuals view on the game. Even if the name was completely wrong that's just a genuine mistake of someone not realising who actually scored. Maybe someone got a final touch that the reporter didn't realise. What amuses me is nothing really too bad. The things like a photo of a player and the caption with a completely different name. Or getting a surname correct but not the first name. Or as I said, quoting a team needing x amount of points when they actually need y. Or calling Scott Wellington a striker ?. Nothing to lose any sleep over. Apart from that you do a great job. Keep up the good work ?

Keep digging and eventually you will come out on the other side.  Your pompousness is baffling.  As I said you will now answer to the ECPL clubs who will now get fines.   Your attack on me was uncalled for and unjustified.  So don't try and wiggle your way out of it.  *I think it would be interesting if you introduced yourself.  Everyone knows who I am so who are you ?.  Or have you forgotten your name like the players who you complained bitterly about but now cannot remember who they are