Cornwall Football Forum

Spurs......the good the bad, or the ugly

About time we had a Tottenham thread, so here goes.

What the f**k was that today !  second in the first tackle, not even there for the second one.

Couldn't put a cross on a bun at Easter for gods sake, out thought, out tackled out, out the game, more square passes and backward passes than Ray Wilkins in his heyday !

Made Fellaini look world class, and let that moron R****y score....that really made my day.

Defence, WHAT !!!!! where was it ? looked lovely passing among themselves, you can do that all bloody day, pass it forward and immediately lost it....sucker punched by an average bloody team

Ye gods that was poor from us today.....so its a bad one.

Go on you assenhole boys....lets have it. :(

Didn't watch this one, but sounds like a convincing win for Man U. Especially first half. Thing is, neither team is actually really good right now. Both teams have some excellent players, and the rest are average. The problem with that is that you rely on the excellent players, Kane and Erikson in Spurs case, and hope the rest play very well. If the excellent players are having an off day, and the rest are not on top form, negative performance and result will probably be bad. My guess is that Mata and Carrick (excellent players) had good days, and the rest, Rooney, Felaini, Herrera and so on played very well?

• 3 weeks later...

Now a draw with bloody Burnley, and nil, nil at that!!!! Jeez it never changes, all the star players, a good number in the England set up and can't put a bloody string of results together. Looking at 7th place, 6th at best. Another bloody season in that god awful europa shite, and that will **** up next season as it has the last few. Disappointed again.:(

Well, a great result there yesterday for Agent Tim and his band of Merry Souls from the Midlands. Once again, the main players for Spurs not on form, and the rest of the team not good enough. Question is, since Pochettino  has effectively taken Spurs backwards, surely Levy has to sack him?

Spurs haven't had a strong manager for years. They need to appoint one and give him total control on the signing of players. If you look at the Spurs side against Villa how many of those players would get into the current top 4 sides? Only 1 or 2, if any! However I hope they don't take my advice as they give me a lot of amusement season after season!!

You say that, but what about Villas-Boas? He was given 1 season, which is not long enough, achieved the best win ratio of any modern day manager in the league, and one of the top two or three win ratio records in all competitions in Spurs history. And sacked. If that is not good enough for Levy, nor can the present record be. But long may it continue of course!!

I would have kept him, shake up the prima donna's. Half of them will go in the summer I hope. Get some grafters in.

Erikson and Kane are top players .the rest are your prem league standard players .all clubs have them .can you hold on to them ? The Bale money was not well spent levy has a lot to answer for . well at least you will have a new stadium soon 

• 3 weeks later...

You need a new manager. He has taken Spurs backwards this season. Your squad needs an overhaul. But bleddy hilarious though ?

​A new manager is the last thing we need.

This man has got to be given time to sort this shambles of a squad.

To many players just picking up their wages.

I believe Poch can get it right.We have got to give our young talent,time.

Average age of the team for yesterday,24.Thats young for the Premiership.

Dele Alli, Pritchard,De Yedlin and Tom Carroll to come in,plus some value for money,signings,then Poch can start to build his team.

Nothing new going on here,for us Yids.

Unusual for spurs to keep a manager very long . perhaps he regrets leaving Southampton ?   On MOTD 2 today this was discussed  one of the pundits said that perhaps it was a backward step as Southampton's squad is more than a match .for Spurs . and the club thinks they are on a par with spurs and Liverpool. 

You are indeed correct SSS. Time is needed. It has to be given. Poch seems to be a good manager, and in time, with some financial backing, he should improve things. But it will take more than one or two seasons, can you see Levy being that patient?

Really, really disappointed with Spurs this season, in fact quite fed up with them at the moment. P*ss  a**ing around year after year.

Get a whole team of grafters in who at least put some bleddy effort in, if they worked for me..... they'd be sacked, get out and take the p*ss somewhere else.

I hope we finish low enough not to end up in that crap europa league again, it kills  every team in it.

• 2 weeks later...

So its been a s--t season,with a s--t squad and a s--t manager.

We finish 5th again,and qualifies for the group stages of the Europa league.

Meanwhile the mighty Liverpool who spent a fortune as well and were going to challenge for the League,get d--ked 6-1 on the last day and finish below us.

Maybe we aint so s--t as people think we are.