Cornwall Football Forum

Massive Game!!!!! St Dennis FC v Helston Athletic 07/03/2015 3pm KO.

This weekend see a huge game with St Dennis hosting fellow title chasers Helston at Boscawen Park.

Be good to get a decent sized crowd out for this one as it will sure prove to be a cracking game.

Bar open from 8am for breakfast right throughout and tea hut open from 2pm.

8am? That is superb! I do like a good fry up!! Massive game for you guys and the West division! Could and probably will set the shape of what the final league table will look like if the points are not shared. I see from the fixture list that Illogan and Vospers play against each other also. I am sure they will want to 3 points to their collection and for you boys to share the points! Another big game by the looks of it. The top teams pushing for the title in the West certainly seem to be hottening up! Anyone from The top 4 want to comment?

I have heard about players attitudes from Helston from various people who have played and swiftly left the club over the past couple of years. From what I see of them they seem to be a good bunch and love getting on the beers with their mates. Let's just hope win or lose both sets of players still booze in our bar after the game.

Looking at the remaining fixtures It would seem a few teams in the West could have a say on where the title goes. As MQ has said, Vospers have games in hand but can only go 3 points behind Sticker if results go their way that's the same as Penryn too. Although Vospers have Helston to play twice and St Dennis and Penryn to play once. 12 points there with games in hand could put them in a good position. Penryn winning games in hand and beating Vospers puts them in with a shout. Then Illogan have a game in hand over Sticker, Vopsers on Saturday and currently on the same points as Vospers and Penryn. Winning those games puts them in a great position too, especially if St Dennis and Helston draw on Saturday.... So as stated.... The top 4 now 5 (looking at the table again) have a huge part to play still. Saturday for the West Div is massive!

Helston have 5 games on the trott at home one of which is Sticker,they have only lost once at home this season scoring an average of just under four goals a game. I think they could afford to lose two games but can't see them losing again.The game yesterday wasn't a great spectacle but with the conditions it wasn't easy,the St Dennis keeper had a cracking game making one hell of a save in the first half however yesterday was all about the three points and the banter in the club house after the game