Cornwall Football Forum

The diving cannibal may return

One daily paper today conjectures that he may return to the English Premier League this season. I do hope he doesn't: it was a great relief to me when Liverpool sold him, a blight on our game. Couldn't care less about his goals: you could write a list pages long of top goalscorers in the English game who didn't cheat, much less bite like a tot in a tantrum!

Fully agree with you, Tom. There are some things in football that would be too much to stomach. I wouldn't want him at City even if he matched Dixie Dean's sixty goals in a season. I also wouldn't want the self-styled 'Chosen One' as our manager at the Etihad, either, even if he delivered the quadruple every year.

Thats the diver who I believe picked up one booking for diving last season? Ashley Young picked up at least 3 I believe. but hey, lets not get the facts in the way of the actual picture. And being a Chelsea fan Tom, did Cahill dive earlier in the season? just checking like.

He's a brilliant footballer who was the best player in the league last year by a country mile.

I don't condone the diving in today's game and let's face it - it is an "imported" sin, as is the shirt pulling. Chelsea fan of old, St Darren. The modern club bears no resemblance to the one I watched from the terraces for 1/6 a time. When the lesser teams who weren't really supposed to be in the Prem beat Chelsea I think it is good for the game: brilliant that Southampton are where they are but I dare say they'll not finish in the top four - not that I care a fig about the erroneously-named "Champions League" or the Europa League. I much prefer to watch the Championship highlights after MotD - which I sometimes don't bother to watch if Man U, Man C and Chelsea all win. So today's Chelski with its subs bench packed with international players has its quota of divers, shirt-pullers, roll about in agony actors - wouldn't it be great if they all just played honest football, with all the skills they have?