Cornwall Football Forum

Old Programme Truro C v Falmouth Docks

I have come across this programme

dated Sat.Feb.8th. 196....?(guessing 1968-69)

Cornwall Senior Cup Quarter Final

Truro City v Falmouth Docks no score.

This rare programme shows an appearance of the legend Tony Kellow playng for Docks.

Teams.

Truro-T.Salsbury--H.Richards-A.Morris-B.Adams-J.Parker-T.Hill-K.Morris-J.Wardle-N.Imrie-C.Chegwyn-M.Lock-Sub.D.Knapman

Falmouth Docks-

E.Moore-J.Doyle-D.Williamson-A.Annear-J.Trebell-W.Ward-D.Hocking-T.Kellow-R.Bailey-C.Coombes-D.Winnan-Sub.G.Logan

Referee H.Heath-L/M L.J.Milburn-R.Moses.

I would like to know the season and score and any other reference to players.

In the notes it did state that Truro City Reserves defeated the Docks side in the Semi Final of the CCL Cup Semi Final a week previous.

this could be the senior cup game that had to be replayed after truro won in extra time as the rules stated that extra time should not be played in the first game. the docks appealed the decision straight away. i could be wrong but docks might have already left the pitch and were getting changed. i have it written down somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...

According to some notes- Tony Kellow signed Amateur forms with Plymouth Argyle in November 1968 by Manager Billy Bingham who saw him play in a match Falmouth Docks v Cornwall Youth.

It wasn't until 1976 that he joined Exeter City and his infamous professional career which included a £100,000 move to Blackpool.