Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup Predictions 2014/15

knowing most of the Veryan players I think they have a great chance of going one better than last season and winning it.

They have improved their squad with two St Blazey,( who are ex Probus players) and two more from Probus.

The are now 90% the Probus ECPL side from 3 years ago.

They will be very hard to beat.

On paper you would have to go for a Carharrack v Veryan Junior Cup Final but the game is not played on paper and the draw for each round can throw up some difficult ties resulting in favourites not getting through to the final.

Having seen both sides this season,it will take very good footballing teams to prevent both getting to the final.

The Junior Cup is a great competition. I played in the Final (and lost!) for Probus in 1999 and I always really enjoyed the challenge of the Cup - meeting teams that you didn't play in the League every week made it more interesting, especially as we were often in the Western section.

It looks like Veryan are stronger this season than they were last, so I would predict that they should at least match their performance of getting to the final. I would have them down as favourites in the East.

In the West, Carharrack do appear to have started well and with their goal of promotion, I'm sure they would love to leave Junior football on a high.

I agree with Soccer Follower that I wouldn't mind betting on a Veryan v Carharrack Final. Veryan's to lose I would say with the vast experience of Senior football in their team.....but the Junior Cup has a habit of throwing up surprises - you never know.

Good luck to the youthful Probus second team today, who are away at Rame Peninsula.