Cornwall Football Forum

St newlyn east v Godolphin Atlantic duchy 5

I agree with you Tania,the THUG who attacked your player was a disgrace and the attitude of some of the Newlyn East players was also disgraceful

Newlyn East management should kick this player out from their club ,together with the player who had come off injured and was trying to provoke the

Godolphin players.

The referee had in my view had no option but to abandon the game and the CCFA should throw the book at St Newlyn East.

reading the papers...what goes around comes around. interesting quote about one of the players pre-mentioned being "salt of the eart-part of the family" tell that to the victims family...oh and seeing as I watched the game-wasn't in the same league to warrant a lifetime ban. sometimes ya gotta be there to see it...

With respect it is not a Chairman's role to do everything in their power to get someone banned for life. I am sure you are upset, as anyone would be, but punishment should be left to the CCFA / Duchy League without any input from others except advising the facts. No Club, and certainly not Godolphin, are exempt from poor discipline. Look after your own Club and let the authorities worry about handing out bans - I have confidence that they will do what they think is proportionate

Going back to the first comment, 1- you weren't there 2- it wasn't close to a 50/50, it was just cynical! I'm not defending our player he was right to be sent off, but I think people forget that the Godolphin skipper headbutted our manager and only saw yellow, but what's worse is that for such a young team he's supposed to set an example as captain and didn't throughout the game at all. As a spectator and watching the game it wasn't a case of newlyn being the only team causing all the incidents and only them to be blamed as the comments on here suggest, Godolphin were just as bad. The point of newlyn fielding 5 prem players, if they didn't there wouldn't have been a game as the seconds are struggling for numbers, so I would stop moaning about that too.

I know I said I wouldn't comment again but upon reading another mindless comment from someone who wasn't there seems ridiculous. a vendetta one must assume with the club/player involved. anyway off to euchre- hopefully noone will make anymore mistakes...

Well, given your name I imagined you as big bruising macho man, patrolling the football fields of Newquay and it's parishes clad in a wife beater vest with a staffy held tightly on a lead

The Euchre teams in our town consist of little old men and women who drink shandy or britvic orange and clear out of the pub by about quarter to ten

Hey Ho !

I'm sorry what has lee or Ryan to do with any of this I'm talking about our reserve team lads of 16 17 years of age one of which got head butted and it's assault against a minor disgusting and I will do everything in my power as chairman to get sed player banned for life

To be fair age isnt a factor. Yes the player was under 18 but the ccfa shouldnt take that into account. It should be looked at as assault on another player and be a police matter if u wanted to go down the route of assault on a minor.

No die hard im simply saying that age isnt the factor and ccfa shouldnt be considered. Whats the difference between a 16, 26 or 56 yr old?

10 years or 40. It's quite basic maths.

Haha peggy very good mate I mean in terms of players age is it more acceptable to assault an older player? Assault is assault whether ur an older or younger player, manger, supporter or dog walker. Players should have more self control although I know some times its easier said than done.

No die hard im simply saying that age isnt the factor and ccfa shouldnt be considered. Whats the difference between a 16, 26 or 56 yr old?

10 years or 40. It's quite basic maths. Haha peggy very good mate I mean in terms of players age is it more acceptable to assault an older player? Assault is assault whether ur an older or younger player, manger, supporter or dog walker. Players should have more self control although I know some times its easier said than done.

The difference is that unfortunately U18s are still classed as children and are protected on an extra set of guidelines and laws.

10 years or 40. It's quite basic maths.Haha peggy very good mate I mean in terms of players age is it more acceptable to assault an older player? Assault is assault whether ur an older or younger player, manger, supporter or dog walker. Players should have more self control although I know some times its easier said than done. The difference is that unfortunately U18s are still classed as children and are protected on an extra set of guidelines and laws.

Yes I understand this but the ccfa shouldn't take that into account. What if an u18 starts it n comes worse off? His own fault then.