Cornwall Football Forum

How much do you pay in subs?

At the Oxford ( sunday league ) we pay £3 per game if you play for 90 mins and less if you are a sub. More than fair I think, seeing as all I have to do is turn up and play. My Dad managed, among others, Holmans and Camborne Town so I got a bit of an inside view on what prep is needed to play a game i.e ref fees and kit washing. A lot of your own time is used up so the amount is minimal really.

the titans are charging £3 at the moment, but was decided last night to put it up to £4 pounds a game, this is to cover the costs of people not turning up to training as it cost alot to train through out the winter months, the subs will pay half the amount so longs as they play, this season we have no signing on fee.

Threemilestone has a signing on fee of £15 and match subs managers are expected to collected £33 per game so is £3 per player unless subbed then split between the 2. Just a shame some Players especially the younger ones have no clue on what it costs to run a club it is quite scary how it all adds up!!!

Crowntown £3 per match. Reduced for subs.

No signing on fee

That's not enough.

We usually find another £100 or so a season from somewhere else to balance the books.

Balls. kit washing, refs, pitch marker, INSURANCE, CCFA AFFILIATION. (Note the use of big letters!)

Insurance + CCFA £200, balls £60 or £70 (But we got 10 free from Charter last year + 16 from MacDonalds coaching course that saved a lot) Referees £230, Kit washing £240, postage £10 (all ish)

That makes about £750

30 games That's £25 a game without pitch fees or buying kit.

3 quid subs, no signing on fee. Money goes towards kit washing, pitch maintenance, balls, hire of astroturf in winter etc etc.

I'd be interested to see what the average is when you've finished ChownUK.

at Mawgan it is a £10 signing on fee. subs is £3 if you start and £1.50 if you are sub we take it in turns to wash the kit and have certain fines and we also send a football card round in the bar towards the end of season :drink:

this is my first year at running the finances ourselves and it is amazing how much clubs have to pay out at the start of the season with affiliation fees, insurance and new balls

but it is the same for every club big or small so there is no point in moaning about it (even though i do moan to anyone who will listen)

At Portreath we worked out the total cost of funding 2 teams and this was our target figure pre season - the committee has 2 people responsible for finding sponsorship to cover this intitial outlay. When broken down in this manner its easier to approach sponsors and come up with fundraising activities when you have clear targets. Without blowing our own trumpet and to avoid silly responses this has allowed us to not charge players to pay, train or sign on and allows the us to focus on other areas of the clubs development and coaching. It also helped that we secured Sportsmatch funding (www.sportsmatch.co.uk) at the start of last season to cover the costs of setting up and running a reserve team.

Gulval = £3 per game (if you start), no signing on fee, £1.50 for subs if they come on.

Vixster, that's the longest "we don't pay subs" answer you could have written. We all know it's crystal clear down at Portreath that you don't pay players, fix their cars, pay for petrol etc etc, so don't worry, no need for a long explanation.

Only Perranporth as a senior club then!! good for them!!!

We pay £2 each, which goes to paying the referee, have to give the club £200 from each team, individually raised by each club within the club. Third team might pay a bit more to cover more costs. First team don't pay, cos:

1. Its hard enough getting players in senior football without telling them they have to pay £2 a week.

2. The club charge entrance fee which goes towards the referee's fees.

Only Perranporth as a senior club then!! good for them!!!

I was referring to our Reserves team St Darren. Our first team don't pay subs, we operate a "sponsor-a-player" scheme where local business/supporters can sponsor the player of their choice and have their name appear next to the players in match programmes (cheap advertising). This money helps towards all the usual expenses along with all the other subs collected from the Reserves & youth teams. I'm not so sure what makes first team players so special that they don't have to pay subs but that's the way it is :D