Cornwall Football Forum

F A Vase Applications

There seems to be no F A Vase application from Cornish clubs (who have had previous F.A. competition)

Launceston-Liskeard-Falmouth-Penzance-Penryn

Disappointed with Falmouth who did not rectify last seasons rejection issues as it appears Newquay and Torpoint have addressed their similar problems

929 clubs applied for F A Competitions

SWPL Cornish clubs applied AFC St.Austell-Bodmin-Camelford-Newquay-Porthleven-Saltash-St.Blazey-Torpoint-Wadebridge-

Truro City (F A Trophy)

All of the above mentioned, who did not apply, have toilet issues! Each dressing room must have it's own designated toilet facilities, including the referees (preferably within the changing room but adjacent to it if not); this is not the case at Launceston, Liskeard, Falmouth, Penzance or Penryn and it's difficult to see how these Clubs can easily provide the extra facilities they need in the locations they are required to be in.

I may be wrong but im sure i heard that Falmouth will be doing the toilet work at the end of this season to get back in the fa vase and cup for the 2014/2015 season. Missed the old vase trips away.

Also,could it be pressure from The Peninsula League to meet Grade 'H' which is the standard Step 6 Premier Division.?

It was Mark, I think we were losing, but came back to win 2-1. Cracking game. It was a long time ago now, it's surprising that both of us have managed to only put on a couple of extra pounds since then!!!! See your still banging the goals in, keep it going.

Good days Mike.

From the newspaper reports- Falmouth Town 2 Newbury Town 1 AET 1989-90 Season

"TOAST OF THE TOWN"

"Paul Murray the most unlikely of Falmouth town heros was the toast of Bickland Park supporters on Saturday when he delivered the knockout blow that earned Town a Home fourth round tie against Paulton Rovers"

"With the tie against Newbury Town increasingly looking like it would go to a replay,Murray launched himself at a Gary Wignall extra time cross to score with one of the most spectacular goals seen at the ground for some time

"A DREAM END FOR MURRAY"

"Murray, a 72nd Minute substitute for Neil Phillips,ducked low,braving a a defenders lunging boot and send a diving header over Mark Whiffden into the far corner of the net"

"Town hit back with a second half equaliser before most fans had time to settle,Chris "Dodger" Long supplying a superb through ball for Mark Rapsey to exploit the lack of pace in the Newbury back four and slot home from the edge of the area"

or in Mike Sampsons report "Chris "Dodger" Long hit a long ball which was nodded on by Neil Phillops for Mark Rapsey to round the keeper."

Which one is the truth-Mark?

-I will post match details later

For your request Mark.

F A Vase 3rd.Round

Saturday 16th.December 1989

kick off 1-30 due to a floodlit pylon blown over in the October gales

FALMOUTH TOWN 2 NEWBURY TOWN (Vauxhall-Opel League Div.2 (S). 1 aet ht 0-1 Attendance 254

M.Rapsey 46m-P.Murray H 107m----Nick O'Brien 38m

FT.John Dent-Andy Duncan B.-Gary Wignall-Jerry Collins(mom)-Dave Gardner-Tommy Matthews-Neil Phillips (Paul Murray 72m)-George Torrance Capt.B.-Chris Long-Mark Rapsey-Timmy Allen--unused Sub.Duncan Powell

Manager-Trevor Mewton

Physio-Gordon Render

NT-M.Whiffin-A.Woollen-T.Clegg-N.Carey-G.Yates-D.McLean-K.Bale Capt,-A.Ritchie-V.Sheehan-M.Hughes-N.O'Brien-Subs.J Rowlands-P.Lockyer

Manager-Steve Mellor (Sent off along with 4 players booked by Referee Hogg)

Referee M.Hogg-Plymouth

Linesmen R.T.Cooksley-J.C.Finch both Plymouth

This was the third time in 4 seasonsd that Falmouth had reached the last 32

Thanks For that Mike, and thanks Paul, 40 goals to go! Hopefully one more season and that's it mate! Some great memories there!! Thought we were losing until those two young strikers did the damage!!! :-). Yeah Mikes report is right mate, Neil flicked it over the defenders head and I outpaced (remember when we were quick Paul!!!l) the sweeper to knock it around the keeper who came out to the edge of the box for some reason!? Tapped it in from bout 15 I think Mike? Not quite as spectacular as Paul's winner! Great days. :-)