Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League results Tuesday 16th April

Russell Hall Cup semi-final played at Carharrack

Chacewater 4 Wendron 3 h/t 1-1

Closely fought match between two well matched teams,game well controlled by Phil Cuthbert

Chacewater now play Porthleven Rangers in the final - venue and date to be agreed.

Good luck to Wendron for their remaining games,some talented youngsters there.

Madron 1 Frogpool 1 div 2

A tense game played in front of reasonable crowd. Macron scored first and had quite a few chances to add to their tally, but they didn't take them. Frogpool equalised just before half time with a great finish by Martyn Jay who has scored in his last four games since coming back from Australia. Quite a few heavy challenges , one yellow card to each side. Frogpool could of scored in the second half and missed two open goals but one was denied by a great challenge from the Madron defender. A few kick outs of the ball and the ref struggled to deal with some of it and made both sides frustrated.

Guest BenTheYeti

New ones didn't arrive today so the old faithfuls had to do, and not exactly the match I'd have wanted to see them off with! To be fair, 12St of flying Yeti landing on 2 fingers would have needed a bit more than gloves to protect them!

Looks like my essay will have to come tomorrow

Titans 4-1 mullion

Not sure whether Marksy will want to comment further. First time I had seen Titans this year - and I must have caught them on a bad day. Mullion competed really well, and whilst Titans deserved their win they were made to work very hard for it. Thought their skipper middle of the park looked a good player, and a good guy, Sam is it? Lively up front. All in all though, Titans very streetwise, physical, and you can see very strong though the spine of the team. Loved it that a player got subbed after 15 minutes as he seemed to lose his head.

Am sure, they have played better, but considering their record, they didn't look like a team unbeaten all season.

Well done though, good referee I though, K Bennetts?...

Well done to Mullion, all youngsters barring me and two others and it would have been a good experience for them tonight.

PS. Sorry didn't stay for drink, got to the clunhouse and realised I had left my wallet at home!

Deano

Titans 4-1 mullion

Would like to say that mullion were a tidy organised side but were a very different side from the game earlier in the season, we titans might not been at our best but we have enough about us to get the job done when it needs doing, and that's why we are where we are this season and we will continue to put the effort and determination in until the final game of the season.

Good luck to the mullion boys for rest of the season

Titans 4-1 mullion

Would like to say that mullion were a tidy organised side but were a very different side from the game earlier in the season, we titans might not been at our best but we have enough about us to get the job done when it needs doing, and that's why we are where we are this season and we will continue to put the effort and determination in until the final game of the season.

Good luck to the mullion boys for rest of the season

Lots of different players I am sure, I have stepped down as I cannot play regularly, and need games to get fit, plus several from our 3rd team as well. Couldn't agree more with your comment Stu... sign of a good side is to win when not playing well.

Like I said I have only played against you once this season so I can only see tonight. No doubt with your position, record and goals scored, you must be doing something right most weeks.

Good luck with your title hopes...

Div 2

Culdrose 0-1 Falmouth.

V disappointing result, in London so can't comment on the game.

All Falmouth in the 1st half, Culdrose restricted to just 1 or 2 chances, athletic gettin the only goal of the game after about 25. 2nd half all Culdrose, our keeper Adam in inspired form stopping everything that was put his way. A game of a lot a missed chances, both teams playing good football, with the ball played on the floor and moved around well by both sides. Well reffed by Colin Bennetts, his usual high standard of letting the game flow and using common sense, always approachable and a top bloke

Titans 4-1 mullion

Not sure whether Marksy will want to comment further.

Evening games who'd have them, we werent at our best last night cant argue with that Dean. Your first nine words are about right. :P However if we play poor and still score 4 id take it some weeks, As for the substitution i dont play players that walk around when there opponents running past them, once maybe, twice no chance and he was rightly told by Kev Bennets for an incident of a foul and was lucky not to be booked, for gobbing off. That matter is closed ? Kev was superb last night :thumbsup: Well done to mullion thought the lad Carey done well and only player to come in the club house was the porthleven keeper who had a run out . :) nice lad.

Penryn 3-3 cury

Great result for cury. Got out a decent team for once and it showed with strong performances from the goalkeeper and defence. Cury worked hard as a team on a wet and boggy pitch. Penryn no doubt a good outfit with some good players. Shame about the actions of the penryn 14 after the keeper had received to boot to the head( he was later rushed from home to hospital by ambulance suffering from concussion) all in all great result for cury against a strong penryn team. See u all in the return leg next week.

Goals Gavin cross 2 Bucko 1 dodgy (pen)

Guest BenTheYeti

Wendron Reserves 4 - 0 St Ives Reserves

With both teams on a winning streak and chasing the prospect of promotion, something had to give. Unfortunately for us, we were more giving than Santa on Christmas Eve..
With the first team depleted, and a few walking wounded, we found ourselves with 5 missing from our usual squad, and the Ginger Berbatov having to start from the bench due to not being able to move faster than walking pace (ironically, his normal speed on the pitch anyway). However, we still had a good squad of 14 and the pre-match rhetoric was of keeping it tight at the back, not over playing it between the back 4, getting rid of it when needed... unfortunately Josh Curnow was obviously in the toilets spraying himself with fake tan when all this was being said as after a solid 24 seconds, he took 17 touches too many at centre back and allowed the Wendron number 8 to smash home a first time shot in off the far post.. I think the term is "whoops"
This was my first game against Wendron this season, but you always know what to expect with them, especially at home; Plenty of commitment, determination and quality, and we found ourselves further on the back foot within 15 minutes, with a free kick delivered from wide on the right, was again met by the number 8, whose downward header would have possibly been cleared by Noah Tanner on the post.. unfortunately, I did my best dying swan impression of the season right in front of him and the ball found the top corner.
This was looking like turning into a long evening, but as always, those in grey in front of me never get on each others backs or get down, and we finally started to find some possession in the Wendron half, but several corners were well defended, and after Barney Poznansky (in his 15th different position of the season) found some room in the area, his shot caused Dan Geach in the Wendron goal his first bit of concern of the evening, as he got down low to parry a shot which was cleared on the rebound.
Whilst the ball was hurtling around the pitch like a speeding bullet, some of the tackling by both teams was just as fast and furious (and the majority hard but fair..more about that later though), and when Noah Tanner (at 4ft6 and roughly 1st6lb) went into a 50/50 with Stephen Gummow, it was like watching a Steamroller hit a traffic cone.. the outcome being the unfortunate Noah having to leave the field of play with a nasty gash on his nose and a suspected breakage of his snout.
Wendron were still well in the ascendancy, and put the game to bed by the half hour mark, when we could only clear a set piece towards the touchline, and the ball came back in to Adam Keenan, who is probably one of the players in the Trelawny league you don't want to be leaving unmarked 15 yards from goal.. the inevitable result was a powerful header into the top corner leaving me eating mole diggings..
HT 3-0
As swearing and other such language is frowned upon on this forum, I best leave them out from Daggers' half time team talk, so in that respect.. he didn't say a word.. So we set out in the second half hoping to salvage some pride and also with a bit more intent in the tackle.. the result was 15 minutes of crash, bang, wallop and that little white round thing that's allegedly the object of this fine sport seemingly ignored. When we did have possession, we took a leaf from my hometown of Wigan roots, by playing some excellent rugby league punt and chase stuff. Strangely, all of this seemed to be having a bit of an effect, and we managed to create a few half chances, the best of which fell to John MacWilliams, whose well struck side foot looked destined for the bottom corner, only for my opposite number to prove he was more than just a spectator with a truly world class one handed save.
This was as good as it got for us though, and served to make the men in claret and blue more determined to finish us off, which they did in somewhat fortuitous fashion, when Andy Barry's clearance from within the penalty box would have landed on the International Space Station, had it not hit the Wendron player flush in the face. More remarkably than him staying on his feet, was that he managed to smash a first time volley into the far corner to finish the scoring.. and then hit the floor with tweety-birds circling his head.
The last 20 minutes were somewhat farcical, as both teams went about kicking lumps out of each other, and I think both teams were fortunate to finish the game with 11 a side, as the number 22 for Wendron raised his hands (I hasten to add, not in a punch, but the letter of the law these days etc) when putting John MacWilliams on the floor, and Josh Curnow taking off like a lear jet into a tackle and nearly removing the Winger's shin pads and the advertising hoarding around the pitch.
Wendron kept on going to add to their goal difference (which perhaps may come into play towards the end of the season if it gets tight at the top), but found grey shirts on the line twice, the woodwork, my nose and finally a decent save from myself in the way (the latter leading to the aforementioned injury).

All in all, we shot ourselves in the foot from the off last night, but cannot take anything away from Wendron who dominated the game and will do really well in Division 1 next season, and I don't think the title race in Division 2 is over as some people think just yet.
As for us, it was a bit like Michael Caine in Zulu, but it's all part of the learning curve for a young and talented group of lads, and we've got plenty to play for until the end of the season, starting with Falmouth at home on Saturday

Glad the keeper is on the mend, just got unlucky 50-50 ball which Pagey our striker was entitled to go for.

Thanks for your comment and your 100% correct no issue with the challenge the ball was there to go for nothing wrong there. Maybe not the best of actions after but that's football. C u all next Tuesday

All in all, we shot ourselves in the foot from the off last night, but cannot take anything away from Wendron who dominated the game and will do really well in Division 1 next season, and I don't think the title race in Division 2 is over as some people think just yet.

Certainly no one at Titans thinks its over, thats for sure Ben but i think with only Penryn left with the games in hand ,one more defeat i believe would see us promoted presuming it is 2 up. :)

Guest BenTheYeti

Certainly no one at Titans thinks its over, thats for sure Ben but i think with only Penryn left with the games in hand ,one more defeat i believe would see us promoted presuming it is 2 up. :)

I have no doubt it will be Titans and Wendron going up, though in what order is not so cut and dried yet I don't believe.. both incredibly strong teams for this level, and with having to play each other and the odd results you can get on a week night..

Spot on matey set out at the beginning to get promoted, hopefully all but achieved but as stated in other posts want to finish it off, its been very entertaining from so many teams this season, yourselves for those opening months were superb then it was the likes of frog pool penryn etc all coming in the mixer, not that you guys have done badly, all that time wendron have plugged away like ourselves. Certainly been fun :) now there are a few others coming in to play like storm fal ath culdrose even cury are having a say.

Guest BenTheYeti

Spot on matey set out at the beginning to get promoted, hopefully all but achieved but as stated in other posts want to finish it off, its been very entertaining from so many teams this season, yourselves for those opening months were superb then it was the likes of frog pool penryn etc all coming in the mixer, not that you guys have done badly, all that time wendron have plugged away like ourselves. Certainly been fun :) now there are a few others coming in to play like storm fal ath culdrose even cury are having a say.

St Ives' good start to the season seemed to slightly wane when they got some new guy to play in goal...

:yahoo: Little harsh on yourself there matey. Pulled some cracking saves off against us & you may yet prove decisive in the run in :ph34r: . Although i have employed snipers from all angles of the saltings to catapult your ass when we get a shot on goal :D ok its the misses and the kids but thats all i could muster. :thumbsup:

Guest BenTheYeti

Great right up yeti

You especially like the 'world class save' bit! :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly.. and for paying me too :P

It was a great save.. though the bloke at the other end nearly bettered it about 20 minutes later :thumbsup: