Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny Results 23rd March

mabe 3-2 gwinear churchtown reserves, great game and brilliant win for us. Gwinear went 1 up after a few minutes with a good cross across goal which was slotted in. After that we really picked ourselves up and went 2-1 up with goals from zach thomas on his debut for mabe and adam symons. The ref awarded us a penalty which was saved well by gwinears keeper, Gwinear then pulled one back which had a hint of offsied but a late decision by the linesman was too slow and the goal was given. Both teams fought well for a winner and with about 8 mins to go ryan caddy popped up with the winner for us. Great 3 points good reffing good game.

Premier

Gulval 0 Threemilestone 5 h/t 0-2

Threemilestone played some very good football and created many chances.Gulval worked hard indivually but it was not their day.

Great to see my old mate Len Stevens out watching the game and good hospitality from "Mr Gulval" Rhondda.

It is Gulval's reunion tonight at the Penzance Cricket Club,hope you have wonderful evening.

chacewater 0 vs redruth united 10 div 3

spent the last two days telling my poorly missus that we are away at chacewater its bound to be off, then boom game on, not a happy woman ah well.

great performance from redruth who were missing their top striker and last weeks man of the match,they also had the joy of about ten of our first team lending their unique support consisting mainly of taking the piss and jeering.

step up guy Johnson with a hat trick and a man of the match performance, four assists from myself and a great performance from the everton supporting scouse navy boy deano.

we were just too strong all over the pitch which considering the rain played really well.

biggest laugh was when one player said to me well you are playing seven of your first team, i replied there may be seven us who think we should be in the first team so thanks for the compliment lol.

Trelawney 1

West Cornwall 0-3 Rosudgeon (HT 0-3)

Played on the 3G pitch at Camborne college.

Rosudgeon took 3 very early chances with West Cornwall very slow out the blocks today.

Much more even, later on in first half.

With Rosudgeon missing a penalty also.

West Cornwall were better in the second half but were restricted to shots outside the box and Rosudgeons keeper not making a save of any note.

Great result for us Rosudgeon.

Best of luck to West Cornwall for the remainder of the season.

Div 1, Praze 2-1 Perranporth

I've just had the ref on the phone apologising for his performance today. I won't lie, it wasn't his finest day but the players from both sides let themselves down and this not effect the final score. I really appreciate his call and don't think many would of done so.

Praze did extremely well to be up 1-0 at half time up the slope and against the wind. 2nd half Perranporth were the better side but i thought 2-1 was a fair result.

A great finish by Mark Pope and a superb header at 91 minutes by Bill 'Jesus' Coleman. We did have 9 minutes added on? Well doen to Jack Mankee who came on and did really well and Jason 'Julian Clary' Praill who despite going off had Man of the Match.

I won't mention the Perranpoth linesman but the best thing the ref did all day was ignore him.

Barker Bowl 1/4 Final

Helston 3rds 5 v Ludgvan 0

Great performance today, controlled the game from start to finish. ..hit the post twice in first four minutes, 2-0 up at half time with goals from Craig Tanner and Dan Zameneagra, who completed his hatrick in second half. Skipper Phil Black notched the other.

Madron 2 - 5 Culdrose.

Div 2

Good win today for the airman on a surprisingly good Madron pitch considering the weather. Culdrose controlled the game early doors with some good football. We went ahead after some good work down the right by jonny Greig crossing for jamie Medlin to finish. Madron came back into it late in the half with a scramble in the box from a corner before Deano slotzville put as back ahead before half time. 2nd half went the same way with Culdrose playing it on the deck with further goals from Iain Higgins x 2 and a goal from George Mcvey on his return from Afgan. Madron scoring a penalty. Good win for us to take us into our 3 games aweek period coming up!!

Madron 2 - 5 Culdrose.

Div 2

Good win today for the airman on a surprisingly good Madron pitch considering the weather. Culdrose controlled the game early doors with some good football. We went ahead after some good work down the right by jonny Greig crossing for jamie Medlin to finish. Madron came back into it late in the half with a scramble in the box from a corner before Deano slotzville put as back ahead before half time. 2nd half went the same way with Culdrose playing it on the deck with further goals from Iain Higgins x 2 and a goal from George Mcvey on his return from Afgan. Madron scoring a penalty. Good win for us to take us into our 3 games aweek period coming up!!

Titans 6 Cury 0 div 2

Interesting game well reffed with both sides playing as much football as the wind would allow. Cury settled after conceding an early goal and played some neat football for ten minutes. Some experienced players in the team for Cury and they had a few out as well talking to a few of them. Certainly don't warrant their bottom table position on that showing. Good response from our guys after last weeks close match, two more for Adam brown and jack stocker one for stu hull, who I have to say hit a screamer last week and this apart from last week I forgot to give it to him on the sheet and it went down as an og. Sorry stu :) all in all 3 PTS 6 goals for, none conceded:)bloody hell forgot Jordan ( if I deliver to much post I can't play in a 5 ) Jackson who scored a header today worked tirelessly had mom that's man of the match although mum was there watching???? I'm not worthy to forget you jordy it won't happen again I love u please forgive me yours forever marksy. Incase anyone thinks I've over reacted jordy has just rung to say I forgot him.

Titans 6 Cury 0 div 2

Interesting game well reffed with both sides playing as much football as the wind would allow. Cury settled after conceding an early goal and played some neat football for ten minutes. Some experienced players in the team for Cury and they had a few out as well talking to a few of them. Certainly don't warrant their bottom table position on that showing. Good response from our guys after last weeks close match, two more for Adam brown and jack stocker one for stu hull, who I have to say hit a screamer last week and this apart from last week I forgot to give it to him on the sheet and it went down as an og. Sorry stu :) all in all 3 PTS 6 goals for, none conceded:)

A very positive post, whats up with Marksy? Has he been on the happy pills?

Titans 6 Cury 0 div 2

Interesting game well reffed with both sides playing as much football as the wind would allow. Cury settled after conceding an early goal and played some neat football for ten minutes. Some experienced players in the team for Cury and they had a few out as well talking to a few of them. Certainly don't warrant their bottom table position on that showing. Good response from our guys after last weeks close match, two more for Adam brown and jack stocker one for stu hull, who I have to say hit a screamer last week and this apart from last week I forgot to give it to him on the sheet and it went down as an og. Sorry stu :) all in all 3 PTS 6 goals for, none conceded:)

Div 3

Rangers 12 v 0 Mousehole

To keep it simple Mousehole turned up with 10 got to 11 finished with 10 and got done by 12. No shots on target, no corners, no chances but played for 90 and never gave up.

Ref will never have an easier game and didn't have a real decision to make. Thanx all the same.

All the best to mousehole keep it going fella's, been there. seen it and done that.

:) tell it how I see it Martin u know me! Although now you've got me started it makes me laugh that certain people can make assumptions of hear say at meetings without knowing jack sh--.

You've lost me? Something at the Trelawney meeting?

:) tell it how I see it Martin u know me! Although now you've got me started it makes me laugh that certain people can make assumptions of hear say at meetings without knowing jack sh--.

Titans 6 Cury 0 div 2

Interesting game well reffed with both sides playing as much football as the wind would allow. Cury settled after conceding an early goal and played some neat football for ten minutes. Some experienced players in the team for Cury and they had a few out as well talking to a few of them. Certainly don't warrant their bottom table position on that showing. Good response from our guys after last weeks close match, two more for Adam brown and jack stocker one for stu hull, who I have to say hit a screamer last week and this apart from last week I forgot to give it to him on the sheet and it went down as an og. Sorry stu :) all in all 3 PTS 6 goals for, none conceded:)bloody hell forgot Jordan ( if I deliver to much post I can't play in a 5 ) Jackson who scored a header today worked tirelessly had mom that's man of the match although mum was there watching???? I'm not worthy to forget you jordy it won't happen again I love u please forgive me yours forever marksy. Incase anyone thinks I've over reacted jordy has just rung to say I forgot him.

Good game today although we lost 6-0 we r delighted with the effort even with a number of players still missing we even managed to play some decent football at times. I think it's fair to say I don't think titans moved much past 2nd gear today very good team well run and a number of good footballers. Special mention to 2 titans people today thought the right winger (Jordan) I think was outstanding today never delivered a bad ball and also the linesman thought he was very honest and fair with every decision he made which made a nice change at this level of football. Well Reffed today throughout the game thanks to titans for there after match food and drinks good luck for the rest of the season see you all in the return fixture.

Guest BenTheYeti

Division 2

St Ives Town Reserves 1 - 0 Illogan RBL 3rd's

The rarest of scorelines in Junior football, but I'll try and jazz it up a bit.

St Ives came into this game severely depleted, with no less than 9 regular players missing through injury, holidays, call ups to the first team, recovering from surgery and, (this is my favourite ever) being grounded by your Mum for staying out all night!
So we were a bit cobbled together today to say the least, and with the starting 11's average age of 21.5, experience was certainly outweighed by youthful exuberance.. apart from John MacWilliams who was coming into the game off 1 hour of sleep, having decided to watch those blokes with bats toil in New Zealand.
The pitch was in very good condition considering we all apparently live in Northern Siberia, unfortunately, we'd seemingly borrowed Halsetown's wind turbines, as it was blowing a howler right across the pitch.
We were tasked with punting with the wind in the first half, and as seems to be our style at home, passed it around very well for 20 minutes, with Nick Strong, unshackled from the constraints of central defence to play right back, gallivanting up and down the touch line like the Energizer bunny. In the middle, the 18 year old trio of Andy Barry, Barney Poznansky and Connor Searle were looking like they had the ball on a string at times, and an opening goal looked inevitable, however, we were seemingly somewhat shot shy, and failed to trouble the Illogan keeper in this period.
However, a goal duly arrived midway through the half, when Alex Brown's tenacity to win a throw in for himself, led to a quick move down the wing, with the ball falling to Barney, who expertly disguised a through ball as a charged down shot, with the ball finding the feet of the Ginger Berbatov himself (who once again had regaled us with his goalscoring record prior to kick off), and he made no mistake in finding the bottom corner from 15 yards. 1 nil almost became 2 within minutes of the restart, when Max Sumray used his new grade 1 haircut to generate a powerful header towards the top corner, but it was well cleared by a defender on the post.
For the final 15 minutes of the half, Illogan, who had worked tirelessly throughout the half to fight against the wind and play a high tempo passing game, started to get themselves into the game, and one exceptional solo run (by the number 7 I think) could have brought more, but after beating 16 players, he kindly blazed the ball off towards the estuary.
HT 1-0
By the time we stepped out of the comforts of the changing rooms, the wind was so strong, Hayle was slowly being blown across the river, and we knew that it was going to be a case of digging trenches as high up the pitch as possible. Ironically, the strength of the wind aided our cause to start, with Illogan finding a lot of ball running away from them, and stout defensive work down the left by Noah Tanner and Alex Brown leading to numerous throw ins and goal kicks. However, with us struggling to threaten much at the other end, Illogan started to build up the pressure, and a 15 minute spell of pitching their camp firmly in our half, led to a flurry of bodies being thrown in the way of everything (with Ed Wilkes seemingly cloning himself on occasion), and a quick succession of 3 shots finding their way past the grey shirts, but being blocked by the Yeti.
As the game wore on, I think both teams tired somewhat due to the conditions, and the introduction of new signings from the Under 9's in Chris Holgate and Joe Rouncefield, gave us more possession higher up the pitch, and when called upon, those in front of me continued to defend imperiously till the end.

All in all, what could have been a great display of football by both teams, was utterly ruined by the wind, but I think we deserved the three points, as every man (well, teenager most of them) on the pitch put 110% into getting a lead and holding onto it, hence why they've all got a mention in the above (apart from the manager.. I guess you did alright Daggers..)

Thank you to the referee (whose name escapes me), who was called in to ref the game late yesterday evening and drove all the way from St Agnes to officiate the match. He gave a few soft decisions on both sides, and a couple of soft bookings I feel, but he was thoroughly consistent throughout the match.

Thank you to all at Illogan for the match and for coming back to the pub afterwards, we shall see you next week!

Never has 1-0, been so long winded...

With no game, a selection of 1st team players and management travelled from Perranporth to Praze-An-Beeble to cheer on the Reserves who were looking for their first back to back wins, this bumper crowd of 10 were in for a treat!!

Unfortunately football was always going to prove a tough ask with a strong wind (down the hill), a cut up and bobbly surface, then add to that a poor show from the referee and ill-disciplined players (both sides).

Despite playing into a strong wind it was Praze who created the first chance with their left winger striking narrowly wide. Perranporth didnt really get to grips with the wind and a lot of long mis-placed passes found there way through to the Praze goalkeeper (Brian). Brian then pulled off the save of the match from a Perran free kick. Although Perranporth had the teritorial advantage and as many if not more chances on goal, it was Praze who opened the scoring and with a good finish from their forward after rounding the keeper.

A half time sub and slight shuffle around of players saw Perranporth come out against the wind and play better football, which to their credit got them back into game 1-1. Perran continued to play better, defending well in the conditions and trying to play football from the back, they had a golden chance to go 2-1 up only for their goalscorer to miss the target at this time of trying. The last 5/10 minutes of the game (about the time that I couldn't feel my toes anymore) was mainly Praze as Perranporth began to feel the efforts they had put in to get back into the game. Then from a right sided corner up popped the Praze center back (to quote from a previous post) 'Jesus' and his glancing near post header found the back of the net. 2-1 Praze and the match winner.

Some ugly scenes towards the end of the game and a flurry of yellow cards ended a scrap.

On a slightly brighter note, Perranporth should be congratulated for their sportsmanship in the 1st half, when returning the ball to the Praze keeper after the ref had wrongly awarded a free kick for a pass back when the Praze midfielder clearly headed the ball to his goalie.

Div 3

St Buryan 6 St Day 1

Great result for the blues with Matt Barton! coming of the bench to score.

Very difficult to defend against Wade Brown and Josh ? They linked-up well. Shame their firsteamers spoilt the game for St. Day.

JJ

Shame your 2nd team spoilt our cup run last week :-/ and you had them this week. Im not one to come on here and run other teams down but what goes around comes around.

Suspended Players

NAME FROM TO MATCHES DIVISION TEAM REASON Garner, Will 20/03/13 Premier Threemilestone O'Hanlon, Kieran 30/03/13 22/04/13 3 Premier Gwinear Churchtown Pearce, John 16/03/13 03/04/13 3 Premier Gulval Saunder, Quaid 15/11/12 Premier Perranwell Reserves Sluggett, Paul 21/03/13 Premier Penzance Reserves Street, James 23/03/13 06/04/13 2 Premier Penzance Reserves

could someone help me with this one, why are the end dates and amount of banned games missing with the gents who are in bold??? have they served their bans is that why???

Suspended Players

NAME FROM TO MATCHES DIVISION TEAM REASON Garner, Will 20/03/13 Premier Threemilestone O'Hanlon, Kieran 30/03/13 22/04/13 3 Premier Gwinear Churchtown Pearce, John 16/03/13 03/04/13 3 Premier Gulval Saunder, Quaid 15/11/12 Premier Perranwell Reserves Sluggett, Paul 21/03/13 Premier Penzance Reserves Street, James 23/03/13 06/04/13 2 Premier Penzance Reserves

could someone help me with this one, why are the end dates and amount of banned games missing with the gents who are in bold??? have they served their bans is that why???

Quaid Saunder is playing for Fal Athletic.

Suspended Players

NAME FROM TO MATCHES DIVISION TEAM REASON

Garner, Will

20/03/13 Premier Threemilestone O'Hanlon, Kieran 30/03/13 22/04/13 3 Premier Gwinear Churchtown Pearce, John 16/03/13 03/04/13 3 Premier Gulval

Saunder, Quaid

15/11/12 Premier Perranwell Reserves

Sluggett, Paul

21/03/13 Premier Penzance Reserves Street, James 23/03/13 06/04/13 2 Premier Penzance Reserves

so i take it he has served his ban? or does his ban only stand for perranwell's res league??? in his case 15/11/12....a while ago, so i'm assuming its been served?! this table was all a little unclear!

Suspended Players

NAME FROM TO MATCHES DIVISION TEAM REASON

Garner, Will

20/03/13 Premier Threemilestone O'Hanlon, Kieran 30/03/13 22/04/13 3 Premier Gwinear Churchtown Pearce, John 16/03/13 03/04/13 3 Premier Gulval

Saunder, Quaid

15/11/12 Premier Perranwell Reserves

Sluggett, Paul

21/03/13 Premier Penzance Reserves Street, James 23/03/13 06/04/13 2 Premier Penzance Reserves

so i take it he has served his ban? or does his ban only stand for perranwell's res league??? in his case 15/11/12....a while ago, so i'm assuming its been served?! this table was all a little unclear!

Your probably best looking at the list on the Cornwall FA site, because they deal with the discipline side of things. rather than the trelawney site. The CFA list seems to be updated every week , and although from my experience they can miss the odd player they are generally on the ball. If your in doubt give them a ring - 01208 269010. :c:

Division 3

Holmans 3- 4 Gulval Reserves.

A great team performance from Gulval which involved some tidy passing, clinical attacking play,spirit and fight. Gulval started the game looking very lively and the plasticity of the front five players lead to us opening Holmans up several times in the early minutes. Holmans were put under a high level of pressure early on which found them allowing Gulval to take the lead after about 15 mins with a tidy strike by Tanz. It was great to see Belly back in the Gulval team after breaking his leg a few weeks ago, and wouldn't you just know it he popped up with a quality performance capped with 2 goals from his "defensive" position. Ellis' delivery from set-pieces was bang on which saw him claiming 2 assists and a very busy performance. Going 3 - nil up is something Gulval haven't been used to this season and we started to look a little panicky during the dying stages of the first half and Holmans duly punished us from a set-piece that we really should have dealt with. Half Time 1-3. Holmans came out 2nd half with a rocket up their arse, when you add this to our lack of wins over the season it was always goin to be a lively 2nd half. Gulval dug deep and saw off the onslaught from Holmans apart from 1 goal which made it 2-3. However, with about 91 mins on the clock Holmans' striker has cracked a ball from just outside the box which caught the wind and managed to lob Shaun in nets 3-3. Gulval kick off with confirmation from the ref of 30 seconds left. Gulval didnt panic and continued to believe in the philosophy of the team, and tried to pass the ball, which lead to some neat play and resulted with super-sub Matty Johns bulldozing into the box and smashing the winner passed the hands of the Holmans keeper 3-4.

Well and truly deserved win for Gulval today, onwards and upwards men.

Not the best ref today, but was equally as poor (consistent) for both teams. However he came under some extreme criticism early on which seemed to rattle him a bit.